Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

`22 Dually Missing Splash Guards

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Looks very odd without that center liner. I know on the non dually trucks rear fender liners have been an option for Big Horn and below for many years now. Laramie and up have the liners included as a standard item.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree. The truck looks incomplete with that gap in there. Especially since the other piece of the splash guard still has the holes in it for clips on the center piece they no longer furnish with the truck. I would have happily paid the extra money when I ordered the truck to add a one-piece fender liner that covered all the sheet metal and actually protected the truck. If they wanted to eliminate that section that’s fine, but redesign the panel so that it covers everything. Don’t just throw the old incomplete ones in there and expect that we’ll all just be okay with it. Shelling out just shy of $100,000 for a truck and it should look the part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jetrinka

Reaction score
So 22's just aren't going to come with them? Seems really stupid. Whats the point of having the liner if it doesn't cover the entire inner wheel well?!

Linked4door

Reaction score
So 22's just aren't going to come with them? Seems really stupid. Whats the point of having the liner if it doesn't cover the entire inner wheel well?!
Even after you affter the missing piece, there is still an even larger section that remains open on the top. Overall it's just a stupid design.

Linked4door

Reaction score
It’s ridiculous.

While I whole heartedly agreee with you, it looks like other OEM's are doing same. Found multiple threads of DRW GM's missing the entire rear liners for years now.

Has anyone been able to find any aftermarket ones that are full coverage?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Even after you affter the missing piece, there is still an even larger section that remains open on the top. Overall it's just a stupid design.
Really thats silly, honestly would be better off without the liners if dirt and crap can get behind the liner and allow it to start to rust….

Linked4door

Reaction score
Really thats silly, honestly would be better off without the liners if dirt and crap can get behind the liner and allow it to start to rust….
If you look close at the pics of the people that have them you can kind of see it. The road grime makes it blend in though, and I didn't notice it at first. The yellow circled part in the pic shows the part that will remain in covered. Easier to see on my truck since it hasnt gotten dirty yet. The main thing rhe add on missing sections do is make it not visible when walking by and looking at it

Attachments

• 20211217_233032.jpg
    20211217_233032.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 71

Cummins0867

Reaction score
@Linked4door with the pic you have it looks like a separate part for the top side of the fender liner. The part that @mbarber84 looks like as separate part that will only cover the side of the liner area. I took delivery of of My 2022 DRW on Saturday the 18th and mine are also missing. I want to order them along with the push pins that hold it in place. I need to look at mine (tomorrow when its light outside) to see if mine is also open on the top side of the fender liner area.

A lot of great information in this thread....thanks to the OP (@mbarber84) and all who have posted in it.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
@Linked4door with the pic you have it looks like a separate part for the top side of the fender liner. The part that @mbarber84 looks like as separate part that will only cover the side of the liner area. I took delivery of of My 2022 DRW on Saturday the 18th and mine are also missing. I want to order them along with the push pins that hold it in place. I need to look at mine (tomorrow when its light outside) to see if mine is also open on the top side of the fender liner area.

A lot of great information in this thread....thanks to the OP (@mbarber84) and all who have posted in it.

It’ll be identical.

I’m waiting for my dealership parts department to call and let me know the correct panels have arrived. I ordered the correct pushpin hardware as well. When it all gets here I’ll update with pics and part numbers.

Linked4door

Reaction score

Sadly the top will be open as well. I actually found quite a few 2021's on YouTube that also had the section missing. Starting to look more and more common

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I could not pull up a part number for the 22 trucks,hope 21 fits.

GLB1950

Reaction score
Someone from my dealer called today regarding questioner/review sent to me by the dealer in which I made comment about the lack of part of my dually wheel well liner. In the questioner, I stated that this was no reflection on the dealer, strictly an FCA issue. I wrote in the questioner/review that I ordered a HO cummins assuming that it would come with an air cleaner, I ordered a Limited Longhorn and assumed that it came with wheel well liners, as stated in the build sheet, NOT PARTIAL LINERS. He said he was going to look into it because my satisfaction was his utmost priority. :rolleyes: We shall see.

Pulling it

Reaction score
It’ll be identical.

I’m waiting for my dealership parts department to call and let me know the correct panels have arrived. I ordered the correct pushpin hardware as well. When it all gets here I’ll update with pics and part numbers.

Thanks for the info I was also wondering why they were missing. I will be heading to dealer tomorrow.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to run to the dealer and grab the parts. They had everything ready for pick up, no paperwork or charges. The service manager said they covered it under an “R.O.”
The part number is molded into the back of the splash shield and I wasn’t able to get a part number for the push pins but I included a picture for reference. I’m sure if you show this to your parts counter they can source them. They fit perfectly and definitely “clean up” the appearance of the truck back there. I know they aren’t a perfect solution but I’m glad this was able to rectified and I can say yet again my dealer is really taking care of me, and that is very much appreciated. Another reason to keep my business local and I’m glad I did with this truck purchase.
62974D78-F2B4-4C4A-8C91-4C48C99348C3.jpeg8E18D272-A2E6-462D-BFBE-8638BDC27CC5.jpegABEAB006-3EE4-4F5B-A751-8E614DE555D8.jpeg4B9C7833-CCAE-4601-85CB-BA43AE7D79B0.jpeg16A27A28-66F2-429B-B9F3-B6B33FD67386.jpeg58A00D59-D989-41CE-BC3D-4C3D0ACFEAEA.jpeg

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Someone from my dealer called today regarding questioner/review sent to me by the dealer in which I made comment about the lack of part of my dually wheel well liner. In the questioner, I stated that this was no reflection on the dealer, strictly an FCA issue. I wrote in the questioner/review that I ordered a HO cummins assuming that it would come with an air cleaner, I ordered a Limited Longhorn and assumed that it came with wheel well liners, as stated in the build sheet, NOT PARTIAL LINERS. He said he was going to look into it because my satisfaction was his utmost priority. :rolleyes: We shall see.

I’ll be interested to see what he finds out / says.
There was clearly a decision made to stop offering these and I’d like to know why.

Users who are viewing this thread