Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

BigRedDelaney

Reaction score
That hershey porter is awesome. I just bought 6 cases of it.

The gator backs, do you think that they cover more than the Ram HD ones? My personal opinion is that the Ram HD mats look by far the best, and short of hanging semi truck mats, I feel that the OEM ones cover extremely well.
3b95f1f42ebcc80f26c6ddf836aea5a2.jpg
ac95dab26ddf1a37e43d5ddcf4f24ace.jpg
5b41b2d51d100f7f84f9f97399080e8e.jpg
7f1e4991c4930021b598f50d3ffed699.jpg
74a5b6a5ef725fdfe39b9807299951bb.jpg
36617e24561da06228a4b360763c8174.jpg
c704611a4f8ecf617a36a45b4ec57034.jpg
1373d0a1c40ad3de3fdd78972ee6eecf.jpg
9c6c2a6ab7ac7881e263c837709a98a7.jpg

2022 Patriot Blue 3500 Dually Limited Longhorn 6.7L with 4.11 gears.
i dont have the truck yet. It was supposed to land in tampa Fl yesturday. So i hope some time this week. Ill be posting picture as soon as i get her. Mud flaps should only take an hour or 2 to install... I hope. The Dualy flap is 24 long by 21 wide. And they are heavy. Same grade material as the big trucks. And yes the porter is great.

Rampingup

Reaction score
First you should understand there are 3 different trailer camera systems.

First there is the 12 pin camera setup that may or may not be included on your truck depenfing on option pkg. That is probably the camera prep wiring kit you mention.

It supports (1) the trailer surround view under 5 mph (2) the earlier rear mounted camera. Both of which display in the 12 inch screen

The 3 rd camera is the Tow Mode camera pkg which was introduced i believe new in the 2022 year. It pairs to the Digital Rear View Mirror thru a coax connector on left of license plate. If you have the Digital mirror you may already have this connector. This is i believe the only camera that displays thru the RV mirror

In either case you can teoretically buy the camera separately if you already have the truck side sonnection
thank you for that definition. I am/was uncertain on what is what. This is the clearest explanation I've heard. Now to figure out what my truck will have when it gets here, 3-4 months from now.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
He got a temporary timeout from this thread (not from the forums) for posting his constant stream of consciousness even after being politely asked to stop. Maybe he was drunk posting, maybe not.

He decided instead of waiting and watching, it would be a good idea to create another (and later multiple) profiles. That's very much against site rules so he eventually got permabanned. He recently showed up again despite the methods in place to prevent multiple account creation.

He also was very vocally anti Mark Dodge, not believing members were getting deals, until HE struck a deal with them and then wouldn't STFU about it.
I now remember. Didn’t know about him striking a deal with MD. I know he gave me s*** about my deal with them.
Never caught his moniker though. Just remember a little of the history of the King Philip War in which I wouldn’t want myself associated with anything reminiscent of that dark time in history.

Personally this thread and forum have been seriously helpful and fun for me. Met a few good people too. I could also claim that without it I probably would haven’t pulled the trigger on my new truck as I won’t pay much over invoice when I buy a vehicle.

DaveS

Reaction score
Today we drove thru our deaslship in Nampa Idaho to see that my pickup ordered on 8/3 has been delivered sometime last night or early this morning. I think we were about 4 weeks from the pickup being released from the factory to being at the dealer. It will be fun to see how quick the dealership will let me know its here. Now I have to head to the bank.

Blowenblu

Reaction score
The digital rearview stays on all the time.

There's a thread on relocating the camera from the CHMSL, but I'm not finding it right now. You really just need to extend the Fakra connector(coax cable) and move the camera to a housing.

The trailer rearview could be mounted on the cap, the connector is in the bumper.

The trailer camera prep is the 12-pin for Aux trailer camera and/or 360° trailer camera setup.

Best to ask more in the following thread, they can probably point you in the right direction if you want to move the camera as well.

Thanks for the info, I was wondering if the trailer rear view camera can be viewed while driving. If so I think it would be way easier to get that kit if it can be purchased instead of moving the ChMSL Carrera or running wires the whole way back from cab.

scrambler1000

Reaction score
So you didn't trade anything in? Ouch - sales tax!!!
No trade in. But got 56k for my 2014 mega HO longhorn from a northwest Motorsports . What they gave me covered way more than the trade in tax savings from MD + I had no cost to deliver it to the dealer.
Northwest Motorsports also made the transaction very easy. The stars aligned, great price on the used truck and new truck. But I did extremes on the color. This is my first white truck. Still sinking in.

Attachments

• 4C9DA2E9-C416-4C1E-A6F5-1904249BDEC8.jpeg
    4C9DA2E9-C416-4C1E-A6F5-1904249BDEC8.jpeg
    980.9 KB · Views: 75
  • C9CFD4C7-2B63-4B3A-BDE1-2D8FCA69FFDD.jpeg
    C9CFD4C7-2B63-4B3A-BDE1-2D8FCA69FFDD.jpeg
    762.2 KB · Views: 74

hotrodssisco

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I was wondering if the trailer rear view camera can be viewed while driving. If so I think it would be way easier to get that kit if it can be purchased instead of moving the ChMSL Carrera or running wires the whole way back from cab.

XH7 is the trailer view camera (IIRC, not by my build sheet) that will display while driving in Digital rearview. Needs to be wired to back of trailer, and have connector to LH of rear plate. Will work whole time driving. Surround view/trailer surround will turn off in main display (not mirror) after a bit of forward motion.

223500DRW

Reaction score
WOW! You are correct, I received 2 quotes for $1,250 to transport. And, yes, MD still beats it by about $1,500. So I am sitting here wondering if it's worth it to buy it from MD or my local Dealer. Tough decision. And this is why the Affiliated Program adds another layer of complexion to the purchase.
i can tell you i shipped 3 vehicles in the last 3 yrs and everyone of them had some sort of damage from car hauler. they do not ship with protection and they move them constantly so you get dings etc. all my vehicles came from west coast to east coast. all bad experiences as most shippers dont care about the vehicle just the money they are making. i deducted from all three shippers due to damages. so you take the chances on a 80k truck i would only ship enclosed vs open. but to each there own.

rockman88

Reaction score
So, I have a question-is the snappy part in the center unsnap for a well to contain water? I'm debating letting my 10 yr. old Ram mats go with trade-in.

[mention]hotrodssisco [/mention] Apologies for the delay in answering. Having too much fun learning this new truck.

The carpets in the Limited I have unsnap and reveal about a 3/8” well for water. They’ll work here for Ohio winters.

7e67d008ee239854f83c4f422e5bbedd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockman88

Reaction score
Walked into Parts at Sliman’s, asked for the front and rear sets of molded splash guards for 3500 with flares. The were about $80-90 total (bought a few weeks ago), and dealer put them on today while waiting. Took them 10 minutes no charge.

Correction, they were $120 for both pairs. Found my receipt today.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Does anyone know the route my truck would take? It's on a ship, and I live in North Carolina. My order says zone 66 Orlando.
From what I learned if your going by sea. Your truck leaves Mexico and goes for a vacation to Cabo on a fishing trip, then they drag it up to the great salt lake in Utah for it to see mountains, then goes back down to the gulf coast and goes in circles for a few weeks of sea trials after which it goes to a one armed man in a row boat for the quick 6 year voyage to the port furthest from you.
You may want to order another truck and not get the sea trial option.

Blowenblu

Reaction score
NEW TRUCK OWNERS: Can any of you tell me if they come with the Trailer Hitch Adapter Sleeve 2 1/2" to 2" ?
I heard they came with some of the older model Rams.

Users who are viewing this thread