Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Linked4door

Reaction score
I just posted pics from yesterday, finally got the truck home. I do have some things to share that I learned. I’m a dually newbie, The good, I found while lowering air pressures, my inner dual has a valve stem extension and it’s capless-awesome. The not so good, I thought both mirrors were power, I don’t think so as there’s only fold and adjustment buttons. No mirror button to toggle between main and blind spot mirrors. Are blind spot manual? And another thing, I ordered max tow and see I have the fifth wheel 30k hitch in the bed but what about my gooseneck prep kit? The ball and two tie downs in a case are not included? I may convert the other trailer to gooseneck and sell this hitch. Other than those things which I mention only for fyi, this HO dually is a hotrod tow truck beast! The remote start and heated seats are nice too lol.

Bighorn CCLB drw Level B package HO, Alpine, Cold weather group, Sport, six switches, U5 w NAV, 50 gal, and yeah rubber floor mats. Sticker is 78, got it for 73 plus fees and taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gooseneck ball and hooks have to be purchased separately, about 300 from Reese, curt or Mopar. Goosenect will have the higher tow capacity upto 35k depending on options.

My drw is a Laramie with level b. I have BSM and powerful but not sure if both parts are power since I don't pick it up till Saturday. I can let ya know then. I know my 2019 limited had full power mirrors with a seperate square button for the convex part of rhe mirror

Reaction score
Gooseneck ball and hooks have to be purchased separately, about 300 from Reese, curt or Mopar. Goosenect will have the higher tow capacity upto 35k depending on options.

My drw is a Laramie with level b. I have BSM and powerful but not sure if both parts are power since I don't pick it up till Saturday. I can let ya know then. I know my 2019 limited had full power mirrors with a seperate square button for the convex part of rhe mirror

Thanks @Linked4door !

Reaction score
I think you get power adjusting spot mirrors on upper trim levels but don't quote me. I know both my 2015 and 2018 dually trucks with max tow are manual adjustment on the spot mirrors. Your truck is pretty similar to the one I'm waiting on but you have the Alpine. Mine was supposed to have it and it got missed on the checklist. Very disappointed. I'm surprised you didn't get the bed liner. Yes, the max tow package comes with a 5th wheel for some dumb reason but not the gooseneck and tie downs. I'd recommend the Mopar kit or the B&W kit for gooseneck. As for that stupid 5th wheel, I had one identical in my 2018 and sold it. It's made by Curt and it's an inferior product to the B&W 5th wheel (in my opinion). I fully intend to sell the one coming with this truck and buy a B&W.

Thanks @Coonhound ! Honestly I wouldn’t have ordered the Alpine so I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I could have added components for better for less. I test drove a BH w/o it, not bad except with Alpine you get the sub a few more speakers. However the sub takes up the rear under seat storage on the big 60 side! I could have built it in behind the back seats.

Reaction score
I think you get power adjusting spot mirrors on upper trim levels but don't quote me. I know both my 2015 and 2018 dually trucks with max tow are manual adjustment on the spot mirrors. Your truck is pretty similar to the one I'm waiting on but you have the Alpine. Mine was supposed to have it and it got missed on the checklist. Very disappointed. I'm surprised you didn't get the bed liner. Yes, the max tow package comes with a 5th wheel for some dumb reason but not the gooseneck and tie downs. I'd recommend the Mopar kit or the B&W kit for gooseneck. As for that stupid 5th wheel, I had one identical in my 2018 and sold it. It's made by Curt and it's an inferior product to the B&W 5th wheel (in my opinion). I fully intend to sell the one coming with this truck and buy a B&W.

@Coonhound Forgot to mention I will spray the bed liner myself. You can do it too with a kit, a decent air compressor and prep materials such as tape and plastic. I bought the big 60 gallon compressor at Lowes. Worked great for my Son’s truck.

ACEd

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I was wondering if the trailer rear view camera can be viewed while driving. If so I think it would be way easier to get that kit if it can be purchased instead of moving the ChMSL Carrera or running wires the whole way back from cab.
Yes that is the intent of the Tow Mode camera - it effectively moves your Rear View Mirror view to behind trailer. The Tow Mode coax camera can be toggled between that and regular CHMSL camera in the Digital rear View Mirror.
My only complaints are the Digital RV mirror is a wider angle which has benefits but it makes everything look further away than a conventional Rear View Mirror and if you wear progressive bifocals, it may take a tweak of your lenses since top is for distance and mirror is close.

ACEd

Reaction score
Thanks @Coonhound ! Honestly I wouldn’t have ordered the Alpine so I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I could have added components for better for less. I test drove a BH w/o it, not bad except with Alpine you get the sub a few more speakers. However the sub takes up the rear under seat storage on the big 60 side! I could have built it in behind the back seats.

Personally I would trade the sub for the space - it was too boomy on my 2015 Limited - seems less boomy on new truck, but would still prefer to have the space.

ACEd

Reaction score
NEW TRUCK OWNERS: Can any of you tell me if they come with the Trailer Hitch Adapter Sleeve 2 1/2" to 2" ?
I heard they came with some of the older model Rams.
Mine did - I believe it was in the storage behind back seat in megacab

Coonhound

Reaction score
Personally I would trade the sub for the space - it was too boomy on my 2015 Limited - seems less boomy on new truck, but would still prefer to have the space.
My 2015 had the Alpine and I loved it. The 2018 does not and while I like having the space, I'd gladly take the Alpine package. That being said, I'm gonna have to go aftermarket for some better sound.

huck1974

Reaction score
I assume mine is on the train maybe in Denver by now. Some of you guys have figured out the tracking during shipping. I'm not that smart. 12/15 to 12/27 date I was told by Ram Chat. 3C63R3ELXNG120597

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
I assume mine is on the train maybe in Denver by now. Some of you guys have figured out the tracking during shipping. I'm not that smart. 12/15 to 12/27 date I was told by Ram Chat. 3C63R3ELXNG120597
Might be on the same train as mine, but mine is getting off in Denver, is yours going on to MO?

BcMac23

Reaction score
I bought my truck from Mark Dodge. Over 11k off MSRP. Sign all papers online and they arrange the shipping to NY. I had photo when truck was delivered to mark dodge and photo when loaded on the carrier. All worked out perfect. Even with paying the shipping no dealer around here could or would come close to the price. They said it would never happen at that price, they were wrong!
Where in NY?

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
My truck arrived in Baltimore September 26th, shortly after it was marked as KZ-OG damaged in shipping. After getting the runaround for almost 6 weeks I finally tracked it down at the Norfolk Southern Bayview auto storage depot and just showed up in person. They let me right in and the guys working there were super nice, sure enough my truck was there stuck on a railcar with 7 other trucks which had the key fobs stolen. They told me that its not uncommon to have that happen and it has been taking 2 months to get the key fobs and a technician to program them. There was also another rail car there with 4 trucks stuck on it.
@Jock_E_Shift I dug this one up from the archives. How did you truck end up getting sorted out? How long did it take to get keys? Was there any other damage? Etc..

Users who are viewing this thread