Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

4nulaS

Reaction score
RE Low volume colors - are they a once a model year build? What has "late availability" meant in past years?

Ordering a new 4500 cab and chassis and want detonator yellow. Hoping to get delivery by April of ' 22.

Any speculation on that actually happening?

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I Picked up my truck tonight from Bud Clary in Moses Lake Wa. This has been the best experience I have had on a new vehicle purchase. Everything was exactly as they said it would be regarding the deal we worked out and we were in and out in no time at all. First we met with John and he went over the truck with us while Gary took my trade in for a test drive. They made sure everything on the new truck was programmed/ set up and then we met with Kevin in finance. He had everything ready to go and we were on the road. We weren't rushed and there was no pressure. Everyone we worked with did an outstanding job. Very friendly and proffesional. Awesome experience and I would definitely buy from them again! I will take some pics tomorrow, before I take it in for wheels and tires so I have some before and after pics.
I really like hearing good positive experiences about dealerships. It’s definitely not typically what I hear and it really should be.

BMax94

Reaction score
Appreciate it! LA is too far for me to go right now, but good to know some places are discounting. The largest RAM dealership in the west (Dave Smith in Idaho) is at MSRP and they’ve always been the best price I’ve seen.
So far I’ve bought 3 ram trucks from 2000-2022. Each time I’ve tried to work with Dave Smith, because I always hear they have the best deals. They always disappoint and I’ve never bought from them. I’ve always found better deals elsewhere.

Coonhound

Reaction score
RE Low volume colors - are they a once a model year build? What has "late availability" meant in past years?

Ordering a new 4500 cab and chassis and want detonator yellow. Hoping to get delivery by April of ' 22.

Any speculation on that actually happening?
I really wanted that orange color. Figured with tinted windows, aluminum wheels and all the chrome that orange would really look sharp. Salesman said it wasn't available so I said I could settle for the olive green and suddenly it wasn't available. Now I'm kinda stuck with the granite chrystal grey which is the same as my 15 and 18 so it's rather disappointing.

BenCummins

Reaction score
That's really helpful, thank you! I would be comfortable with it if I could get anywhere near the price of 8-10k under msrp
Talk to Gary Spencer at Bud Clary in Moses Lake , he was doing invoice less holdback + $150 dock fee. There is one member on here that just took delivery from them and had a good experience.

Fast1

Reaction score
Did you have to wait to sign the paperwork before you could access this? My truck arrived at the dealership yesterday but I can't see any of this yet. I can't sign the paperwork till monday
The dealer sent me a link to get this set up when my truck arrived at the dealership. I signed the paperwork and picked up the truck 2 days later. But, this is the 4th truck I've bought from them, and they were reeeeeaaaally sure I was going to buy it.

Cummins0867

Reaction score
Last edited:

Lamiglas

Reaction score
Fantastic. How was pricing? Moses lake is just a few hundred miles from me!
Gary.spencer@budclary.com. Gary is the manager. He worked me out a great deal, that didnt require driving half way across the country! They were also very fair on my trade. I would recommend reaching out to them to see what they can do. If you do reach out, I would reference the forum as I think they have given special deals to forum members who have reached out. Also, wanted to let everyone know that he was able to apply the penfed rebate.

Robfreitas

Reaction score
Affiliate rewards for 22? anyone heard anything about when the affiliate rewards with be available for 2022s? I got this reply the other day from them and all it says is it will be updated as the new year approaches i was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about a exact date? My truck will be in within a week or so and i was hoping to get the 1%

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211205-134501_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20211205-134501_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 61

Drozdster

Reaction score
I talked tp my dealer on the phone yesterday and he is accepting it for a 2022 Ram 2500. Going to talk to him in person tomorrow. I also called FCA and was told the same thing.

Robfreitas

Reaction score
I talked tp my dealer on the phone yesterday and he is accepting it for a 2022 Ram 2500. Going to talk to him in person tomorrow. I also called FCA and was told the same thing.
Thats good to hear. Is your truck already at the dealership or still in shipping?

Drozdster

Reaction score
Neither. Still in the order negotiating phase. Trying to compare this pricing vs Mark Dodge. The shipping cost for a 1600 mile delivery almost evens it out. And yes, I thought about flying down to pick it up but the cost would probably be more.

Jtwes

Reaction score
Affiliate rewards for 22? anyone heard anything about when the affiliate rewards with be available for 2022s? I got this reply the other day from them and all it says is it will be updated as the new year approaches i was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about a exact date? My truck will be in within a week or so and i was hoping to get the 1%
I am planning on using that also. My Dealership told me a week ago that right now yes but that could change any time. She said when the truck gets here and if it’s available they will do 1%below if not 400 over invoice.

Drozdster

Reaction score
That's what worries me. If I order from the Dealer, than in 4 months when the truck (hopefully) arrives, the dealer says (or FCA changes the rules or models) that the Affiliates Program is no longer offered, we're screwed? There is nothing in the writing in the initial paperwork that locks in the price? This is what scares me. Has anyone on this forum been told when they signed the contract that they will qualify, than when the truck arrives you no longer qualify for any reason? And than have to pay full price?

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
So was looking at the pics Aaron sent me and I noticed both rear fender flares were removed in the pics. I saw some pics from other members that also have DRW trucks and their flares were also missing in the pics from the dealership.

This may have been discussed before, but I don't recall seeing it and couldn't find anything via the search.

Does anyone know why or when the rear fender flares get removed from DRW trucks? Is this when they get loaded on the train or tht truckng company taking them from train to dealer? I assume this is for clearance issues during transit, just can't see that little bit helping very much.
They aren't installed on the truck from the factory, the dealer installs them.

Jtwes

Reaction score
That's what worries me. If I order from the Dealer, than in 4 months when the truck (hopefully) arrives, the dealer says (or FCA changes the rules or models) that the Affiliates Program is no longer offered, we're screwed? There is nothing in the writing in the initial paperwork that locks in the price? This is what scares me. Has anyone on this forum been told when they signed the contract that they will qualify, than when the truck arrives you no longer qualify for any reason? And than have to pay full price?
I agreed to 400 over invoice in writing and also if available at time of purchase they would honor affiliate, they put both in writing for me. We’ll it was a email but still that’s better than he said she said.

Mptolomey

Reaction score
Neither. Still in the order negotiating phase. Trying to compare this pricing vs Mark Dodge. The shipping cost for a 1600 mile delivery almost evens it out. And yes, I thought about flying down to pick it up but the cost would probably be more.
Shipping should run you around $1,200. MD should be able to save you more than enough to offset that.

Users who are viewing this thread