Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks... had not see that yet. Looks like TPMS thresholds don't need a PIN now either... right?

Does this mean I can't code a key since I can't read the pin on the 2019+?

Appreciate the quick reply.

NO PIN needed and not possible to code a key fob.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Here's what to do to clear codes after programing. I finally measured my tires and so had to change it some.

FYI I have 35" BGF AT on factory 75th rims at 45 PSI front, which is the tire I measured. 2727.325 mm.

My crib note procedures.

ALPHAOBD clearing codes​
  • After doing changes, back out, disconnect from the truck, and cycle the key.
  • Back out to home page. Select ABS. Select the control unit for 2021 Ate/ Continental. Then hit connect.
  • Hit the hood open button. Then select ABS initialization. Then hit start.
  • Go back to the menu and select static ECU initialization. Then hit start.
  • Next it should say procedure complete. Then click on the yellow button (engine), fault codes?
  • And then clear all codes. Then cycle the key. And make sure you are still connected.
  • Then go to the menu and select clearing rolls information. Then hit start and wait for procedure completed.
  • Go back to the check engine and clear all the faults again.
  • Then follow the same procedures and clear the faults for the body computer and the engine found on the home page.
  • Disconnect from the computer. Cycle the key and start the truck. There should be no codes and everything should work.

Demeeder

Reaction score
Here's what to do to clear codes after programing. I finally measured my tires and so had to change it some.

FYI I have 35" BGF AT on factory 75th rims at 45 PSI front, which is the tire I measured. 2727.325 mm.

My crib note procedures.

ALPHAOBD clearing codes​
  • After doing changes, back out, disconnect from the truck, and cycle the key.
  • Back out to home page. Select ABS. Select the control unit for 2021 Ate/ Continental. Then hit connect.
  • Hit the hood open button. Then select ABS initialization. Then hit start.
  • Go back to the menu and select static ECU initialization. Then hit start.
  • Next it should say procedure complete. Then click on the yellow button (engine), fault codes?
  • And then clear all codes. Then cycle the key. And make sure you are still connected.
  • Then go to the menu and select clearing rolls information. Then hit start and wait for procedure completed.
  • Go back to the check engine and clear all the faults again.
  • Then follow the same procedures and clear the faults for the body computer and the engine found on the home page.
  • Disconnect from the computer. Cycle the key and start the truck. There should be no codes and everything should work.
Perfect...thanks!!! Putting 37" BFG AT on AEV Saltas... I am showing 2875 from unmounted tires currently. Your notes will be helpful tomorrow.

Demeeder

Reaction score
When I select "ABS/Bosch/Continental/Teves/TRW PowerNet My 2019+ PowerNet" and the "ABS Initialization" I get the following message with the "START" grayed out:

See pic...Do I just skip this initialization?

IMG_7530.jpg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
HELP!!! So I set the tire size using Alfa.... BUT when I go into ABS... the 2021 ATE/Continental option does not exist! the only one that looks like would work is ABS/Bosch/Continental/Teves/TRW PowerNet My 2019+ PowerNet. When I select that and ABS initialization... "START" does not allow me to select it. I also seem to lose connection to the truck at that point. Any thoughts?

What OBD reader are you using?

2019+ PowerNet is correct for ABS.

Start ABS Init just gives directions to use Static ECU Init then Clear DTC, cycle ignition, ABS Clearing Rolls

Then you clear any other codes on ABS, ECU, BCM as needed.

1633992596071.png

Demeeder

Reaction score
What OBD reader are you using?

2019+ PowerNet is correct for ABS.

Start ABS Initi just gives directions to use Static ECU Init then Clearing Rolls

Then you do the clear codes on ABS, ECU, BCM as needed.
I am using the OBDLink MX+... I haven't done anything yet... as someone that isn't completely sure of himself in these matters, I didn't want to deviate from the observed procedures. I assume following these instructions as listed in the pic make sense to you?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I am using the OBDLink MX+... I haven't done anything yet... as someone that isn't completely sure of himself in these matters, I didn't want to deviate from the observed procedures. I assume following these instructions as listed in the pic make sense to you?

Also, have you updated the firmware in the OBDLink using their software?

Demeeder

Reaction score
Ok. I think I have everything cleared. Certainly not quite the same process as previously outlined but my level of sweating is drastically decreased.

Demeeder

Reaction score
Appreciate everyone indulging my freak out. And appreciate the assist. Yeah “ABS Initialization” is not an option for me. There were several other minor differences (possibly self induced) from the several videos and Crusty’s detailed instructions. Odd. I will try to remember and pass them along.

That said, wanted to pass along a data point for future researchers. I put BFG AT KO2 37x12.5-17s on. Used my wife’s fabric measuring tape to measure circumference of installed tire with 43psi. Got 2886. Via Waze, looks like I was dead on!

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Appreciate everyone indulging my freak out. And appreciate the assist. Yeah “ABS Initialization” is not an option for me. There were several other minor differences (possibly self induced) from the several videos and Crusty’s detailed instructions. Odd. I will try to remember and pass them along.

That said, wanted to pass along a data point for future researchers. I put BFG AT KO2 37x12.5-17s on. Used my wife’s fabric measuring tape to measure circumference of installed tire with 43psi. Got 2886. Via Waze, looks like I was dead on!
Make sure when you use Waze, you are not using it while connected via CarPlay. When you do this, the vehicle’s gps will take over the phone’s native gps, and will display the exact same reading as you see on the truck’s speedometer.

Demeeder

Reaction score
Make sure when you use Waze, you are not using it while connected via CarPlay. When you do this, the vehicle’s gps will take over the phone’s native gps, and will display the exact same reading as you see on the truck’s speedometer.
Ha!! You new you were robbing me of my modest victory when you wrote that, didn’t you!! ;)

I am currently 2 mph high. Will fix tomorrow. Oh well.

Thanks

TXsportDiver

Reaction score
Horn honks three times if key leaves running truck. Can that behavior be disabled?

On my 2022, if I have the truck parked, running and leave the vehicle with my keys (to check the neighborhood mailbox late at night), the horn honks three times to alert me the key has left the vehicle. Neither my 2019 nor my 2020 HD Rams did that. Does anyone know if there's a way to turn that "feature" off? I've looked in UX menus. I've not yet looked in AlfaOBD. Thanks for your thoughts.

g00fy

Reaction score
Anyone else who added the CHMSL Camera have trouble getting the center line to show up on their Uconnect? Jimmy gave me a list of options to turn on in AlfaOBD several months ago, but nothing got it to appear. Just recently installed a gooseneck hitch in my truck so i'm looking to get this figured out. If anyone has any tips or knows of other settings that need to be turned on, please let me know. Thanks.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Anyone else who added the CHMSL Camera have trouble getting the center line to show up on their Uconnect? Jimmy gave me a list of options to turn on in AlfaOBD several months ago, but nothing got it to appear. Just recently installed a gooseneck hitch in my truck so i'm looking to get this figured out. If anyone has any tips or knows of other settings that need to be turned on, please let me know. Thanks.
It won’t show up because of the fault in the CVPM saying it’s not calibrated. I believe when you installed your surround view system, the cargo cam calibration was not in the list to be able to calibrate. Alexey has since added it, so you can see if it works now.

g00fy

Reaction score
It won’t show up because of the fault in the CVPM saying it’s not calibrated. I believe when you installed your surround view system, the cargo cam calibration was not in the list to be able to calibrate. Alexey has since added it, so you can see if it works now.
Ohh yea, I remember now we talked about that at the time, and i forgot about it. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
@Jimmy07

Any updates that might resolve any of the items that we haven't been able to do on 3500?

Forward facing cam
Surround view blacks out
No action on Forward button
No tire tracks

Hill Descent
Doesn't appear to work, button flashes EVIC message then shows disabled
Have tested on +20° ramp but nothing steeper
I expected the button LED would stay lit if if it isn't engaged/active
Three presses and it stops responding

g00fy

Reaction score
I went and found the chmsl options but it doesn't work, keeps saying service not supported in active diagnostic session.

Or it's telling me when I try to calibrate cameras with invalid calibration:

Calibration status: not started
Calibration mode: missing software

If I try to just force calibration of the chmsl it says:

Failed. Conditions not correct or request sequence error.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I went and found the chmsl options but it doesn't work, keeps saying service not supported in active diagnostic session.

Or it's telling me when I try to calibrate cameras with invalid calibration:

Calibration status: not started
Calibration mode: missing software

If I try to just force calibration of the chmsl it says:

Failed. Conditions not correct or request sequence error.
I just tried also, as I kept forgetting about this until you brought it up today. I get the same thing as you. It’s definitely the calibration fault keeping the center line from showing up. When connected to the CVPM, I can run 8502 in the manual request section, which suppresses all faults in the CVPM during the diagnostic session, and the center line and adjustment soft key immediately shows up. I’ll send off the debug log.
@Jimmy07

Any updates that might resolve any of the items that we haven't been able to do on 3500?

Forward facing cam
Surround view blacks out
No action on Forward button
No tire tracks

Hill Descent
Doesn't appear to work, button flashes EVIC message then shows disabled
Have tested on +20° ramp but nothing steeper
I expected the button LED would stay lit if if it isn't engaged/active
Three presses and it stops responding
When I send the debug log, I’ll ask him about this, along with some other requests, such as adding the ability to enable pin F37 on the BCM for the trailer hitch light.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I just tried also, as I kept forgetting about this until you brought it up today. I get the same thing as you. It’s definitely the calibration fault keeping the center line from showing up. When connected to the CVPM, I can run 8502 in the manual request section, which suppresses all faults in the CVPM during the diagnostic session, and the center line and adjustment soft key immediately shows up. I’ll send off the debug log.

When I send the debug log, I’ll ask him about this, along with some other requests, such as adding the ability to enable pin F37 on the BCM for the trailer hitch light.

Trailer hitch light? This is fantastic. We can't have @Brutal_HO sitting around with two sets of parts he can't use. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread