Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

psprag

Reaction score
Talked to the dealer today and he said it gone to D1 this week with estimated ship date of 9/18. ordered 7/7 Longhorn 3500 HO. Just got off ram chat and surprisingly they gave me the same info.

cmh2007

Reaction score
Talked to the dealer today and he said it gone to D1 this week with estimated ship date of 9/18. ordered 7/7 Longhorn 3500 HO. Just got off ram chat and surprisingly they gave me the same info.
I wish i knew how to speed them up. I ordered back in may and have been delayed 2 times.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

russelljcook

Reaction score
Finally joined the site after viewing for several weeks now. I was shopping several dealers including MD for best prices on a 2022 2500 Laramie Night Edition. My local dealer agreed to a price $1000 over what MD was offering after I sent them the build sheet from Sandi. I was all set to place my order with my local dealer based on making the trade in and tax process equal the difference in price and received a voicemail from the sales manager stating overnight Chrysler corporation was no longer allowing factory builds on NE, tow package B, safety package B, or technology group B due to the chip shortage. I reached out to MD to confirm from a different dealer but they were already closed for the day. Anyone heard of this? Did I miss the window?

Jake L

Reaction score
Finally joined the site after viewing for several weeks now. I was shopping several dealers including MD for best prices on a 2022 2500 Laramie Night Edition. My local dealer agreed to a price $1000 over what MD was offering after I sent them the build sheet from Sandi. I was all set to place my order with my local dealer based on making the trade in and tax process equal the difference in price and received a voicemail from the sales manager stating overnight Chrysler corporation was no longer allowing factory builds on NE, tow package B, safety package B, or technology group B due to the chip shortage. I reached out to MD to confirm from a different dealer but they were already closed for the day. Anyone heard of this? Did I miss the window?
We did hear rumors that the Night edition was not an option anymore, it could be true.

agtcovert

Reaction score
I'd definitely get that confirmed by another dealer first.

Benitslu

Reaction score

Sounds like you may be buying from Mark Dodge after all….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mptolomey

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, was the $1000 over MD include their dealer fee? My local dealers charge a $950 dealer fee on every deal!!

Grey65

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, was the $1000 over MD include their dealer fee? My local dealers charge a $950 dealer fee on every deal!!
Must be a Florida thing. About 10 years ago I was trying to buy a car from a MB dealer in Miami and we agreed upon price etc… they FedEx’ed the paperwork to Texas, I was to sign and FedEx back to them. I would pick up car when I returned from vacation in Brasil. They had added one of those outrageous fees. I called and asked they said we put this on all out sales, it is non negotiable. I said I don’t think you will ever sell a car to anyone in Texas and hung up…

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Just found this build time estimate site:

I think the Ram listed are/were 2021. What’s interesting is the 2022 Ford SD are showing 30+ weeks build time. Silverado is showing 25.

Mptolomey

Reaction score
Must be a Florida thing. About 10 years ago I was trying to buy a car from a MB dealer in Miami and we agreed upon price etc… they FedEx’ed the paperwork to Texas, I was to sign and FedEx back to them. I would pick up car when I returned from vacation in Brasil. They had added one of those outrageous fees. I called and asked they said we put this on all out sales, it is non negotiable. I said I don’t think you will ever sell a car to anyone in Texas and hung up…
Yep, All of the FL dealers are pretty much doing the same. I had true EP on my 2021 2500 purchase earlier in the year and they even tried adding it to that (which is a corporate no-no). Once they knew they couldn’t charge the dealer fee, then my trade was adjusted to offset. Pure scum bags!

Needless to say, I took my business to another dealer.

It’s refreshing to work with an above board dealer such as MD. You can be assured that my next vehicle (Wrangler), will be purchase from them. I will just plan an excursion/vacation around the pickup.

XIKJACK

Reaction score
Nice to know things may get updated during the day vs just batching once over night. But maybe they batch once during the morning? *shrug* Gives hope to those who check multiple times a day. :D
Don't forget about the time difference

rmzachar

Reaction score
Can someone let me know what the full VIN would be for my father in laws truck. He ordered a pretty basic Big Horn on 8/3 (Cummins SO 3500). All I have is his sequence number NG140681. I'm wondering what his status is since he doesn't have all that much added in beyond heated seats.

Choward

Reaction score
First time posting, finally got my Vin from my dealer- he claims it's built and waiting for a train; can anybody confirm and look up Vin?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210910-172837_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210910-172837_Drive.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 96

tansy05

Reaction score
Hey Jimmy, you are the guy that would know this.

How many chips are in these HD's?
My Tradesman 4x4 crew cab was ordered 6-16 NG107601 with the AAU safety group and no Build sheet as of yet, so it must be the chip hold up the safety group has BSM, Adaptive steering, Digital rearview mirror, Lane keep assist, Power folding Mirrors .I have not seen any build sheets yet with the AAU

Users who are viewing this thread