The Ram Truck brand is celebrating its 10-year anniversary of becoming a stand-alone brand. Yes, it’s hard to think that a decade ago, then Chrysler LLC’s decision to separate its truck and commercial portfolio away from the Dodge brand is still continuing stronger than ever.
Since the separation, the two brands have headed off in drastically different directions. Dodge has continued on a path of becoming “America’s Performance Brand” with a few mainstream vehicles still in play, while Ram Trucks is one of the key elements in Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) success in the auto industry. The separation allowed the Ram brand to put more focus on the truck and commercial market, which has pushed the truck maker into the second best-selling nameplate in the United States.
It’s no surprise that Ram Trucks is kicking off a multimedia campaign that showcases the brand’s decade-long and ongoing commitment to building the industry’s most innovative and award-winning trucks starting today. The “Power of Innovation” campaign includes three new broadcast videos, all-new digital content that can be viewed on the Ram brand’s digital and social media channels, including RamTrucks.com, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, as well as new content featured on the Ram brand’s social series #RamDoesThat.
“‘Power of Innovation’” marks the 10-year anniversary of Ram as a stand-alone truck brand, created with a distinct DNA and a commitment to building the best trucks for our customers,” said Marissa Hunter, Head of Marketing, FCA – North America. “This campaign brings to life the innovations that Ram has made in those 10 short years and honors the brand values that we share with our fans. As we look to the future, hard work, integrity, innovation, and dedication to service will continue to guide our decisions and sit at the core of our marketing efforts.”
The “Power of Innovation” 60-second spot launch tomorrow, and will be followed with two new 30-second spots as well. The new campaign will be featured on the brand’s digital and social media channels, including RamTrucks.com, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Ram Truck Brand Milestones:
- 2009: The launch of the all-new fourth-generation 2009 Ram 1500 (DS)
- RamBox cargo management system make their first debut
- 2010: The new fourth-generation 2010 Ram 2500 (DJ) and 3500 (D2) pickups launch
- Ram also launches the Ram 1500 Outdoors package that was designed for the outdoor enthusiast
- Heavy Duty wins Motor Trend Truck of the Year Award
- 2011: The introduction of the luxurious Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
- The brand launches their new Heavy Duty Chassis Cab lineup with the 3500 (DD), 4500 (DP) and 5500 (DP) trucks
- 2012: Ram introduces the new Tradesman Heavy Duty aimed at small business owners and commercial fleets
- The brand offers a 6-speed automatic transmission on its 4.7-liter Magnum and 5.7-liter HEMI V8
- New steering wheel with cruise control buttons also makes a debut
- 2013: Ram refreshens it’s Ram 1500 with a complete overhaul of class-leading interiors to powertrains
- Ram introduces locking RamBox cargo management system and tailgate
- Rain sensing wipers, SmartBeam headlamps, power-folding mirrors and power sliding rear window with defrost also joined the lineup as available options in 2013.
- Ram 1500 Wins Motor Trend Truck of the Year Award
- 2014: Ram introduces 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6 for best-in-class fuel economy of 28 mpg
- Ram 1500 becomes first truck to win Motor Trend Truck of the Year, back-to-back
- Ram Commercial brand is formed with the launch of the Ram ProMaster van
- 2015: Ram introduces the 1500 Rebel, an off-road dedicated model
- 2016: Ram shocks everyone by introducing the HELLCAT-Powered Rebel TRX Concept
- 2017: Ram introduces the Ram 1500 Night Edition with blacked-out features
- For 2017, 1500 received new standard features including remote start and security alarm.
- Other standard features include the 8.4-inch Uconnect system, automatic dual-zone temperature control, an anti-spin differential, premium gauge cluster, rear backup camera, and Rear Park Assist.
- 2018: More Special Trims, Ram launches new Harvest Edition and Limited Tungsten Edition trucks
- Ram Laramie Longhorn Southfork Edition joined the lineup late in the model year
- A special Ram Heavy Duty Lone Star Edition was launched for Texans
- 2019: The brand introduces the all-new fifth-generation Ram 1500 (DT) pickup
- New powertrains include eTorque mild hybrid systems on Pentastar and HEMI engines
- Massive 12-Inch Uconnect touchscreen is introduced in Ram 1500
- Brand launches Ram Multifunction Tailgate for 1500 models for more accessibility to the truck bed
- The brand launches a heavily revised version of its fourth-generation Ram Heavy Duty pickups
- Trucks feature a high-strength steel frame, redesigned Cummins engine, 8-speed automatic transmissions
- Bold new front end styling
- Dash from all-new 1500 is integrated
- Heavy Duty trucks get all-new Night Edition appearance package
- 2020: Ram introduces third-generation EcoDiesel in Ram 1500
- Ram 1500 is the first full-size truck to earn IIHS Top Safety Pick+
- Ram 1500 gets new Night Edition appearance package
You must be logged in to post a comment.