Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wolverine Boots Partners With Ram Trucks, To Create Limited Edition Boot Lineup:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Boots are up on Amazon, no limited.

Boot barn had only 9D and 12D limited. I guess they really are.

jetrinka

Reaction score
The boots…. Really are…. Horrible…

Blythkd1

Reaction score
I've worn their Durashocks for literally decades now and always found them to be the most comfortable boot going. Their quality isn't what it used to be though. I used to wear a pair 7 days a week and got at least 2 years out of them. The pair I'm wearing casually now, a couple years in the right boot leather is still good, the left one the surface of the leather is all peeling off, both welts are trash, soles are still ok. Apparently the folks in Bangladesh are more about qty than quality. I probably won't be giving $200+ to try a pair of the Ram variety.

Maybe my son should try out a pair? When he was working at the local grain elevator, he could buy any big name brand work boot and destroy them in 90 days. He's found he has the best luck with Ariat.

QuattroCS

Reaction score
Why is it that they think its one size fits all? :mad:

I remember as a kid when we went to get shoes, they would measure our feet, length AND width, and then come out with the correct size. Mine always measured as a D width.

Nowdays, I have a hard time finding any shoe in a wide width. They try to tell me to get the next size up. WHY? The next size up is longer, not wider! Especially in the area I need a wide shoe. :mad:
even wides arent wides, my son is 12, size 15 and needs wide, getting harder and harder to find something for him.

Nd79

Reaction score
I've always bought Redwing boots, but only the ones that can be re-soled. That is where the value lies at least as far as I'm concerned. My first pair was a "super sole" boot and those lasted me 11 years with 3 re-soles done at $100 each time. So initially a $200 boot, then roughly 3 years later $100 and still a quality boot. They have always stayed comfortable. When my boots were ready for another re-sole I decided on a new pair this time since I slacked on keeping the leather oiled, and although not worn through the old boots had surface cracks. Here's my current pair, and I don't think the softer sole on these will last as long but I'm also not as hard on them with the work I do now.

Attachments

• PXL_20220519_161857851.jpg
    PXL_20220519_161857851.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 10

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I've always bought Redwing boots, but only the ones that can be re-soled. That is where the value lies at least as far as I'm concerned. My first pair was a "super sole" boot and those lasted me 11 years with 3 re-soles done at $100 each time. So initially a $200 boot, then roughly 3 years later $100 and still a quality boot. They have always stayed comfortable. When my boots were ready for another re-sole I decided on a new pair this time since I slacked on keeping the leather oiled, and although not worn through the old boots had surface cracks. Here's my current pair, and I don't think the softer sole on these will last as long but I'm also not as hard on them with the work I do now.
It’s hard to find the perfect boot

For me, The most comfortable and waterproof boot I’ve found was Vasque St Elias. Gore Tex and Vibram sole. But I still go through them in a year.

This is a hiker and not a work boot. I’m a pool guy so I’m doing a lot of walking in grass and on stones and such. Traction and waterproof are more important than longevity I suppose

Nd79

Reaction score
It’s hard to find the perfect boot

For me, The most comfortable and waterproof boot I’ve found was Vasque St Elias. Gore Tex and Vibram sole. But I still go through them in a year.

This is a hiker and not a work boot. I’m a pool guy so I’m doing a lot of walking in grass and on stones and such. Traction and waterproof are more important than longevity I suppose
Very true, I picked my current boots for much the same reasons. It also has the Vibram sole and is waterproof most of the way up the tongue. I spend most of the time driving my truck but end up getting into a lot of rocky/off-road areas. That Vibram sole is definitely nice when walking through that kind of environment. My old boots were definitely more of a work boot, and I did a lot of hot work (torch cutting) and like things in those. My current boots wouldn't be as good for that, so it definitely makes sense to buy a boot fit to what you do. Much like buying the right truck to fit what you need! I just pulled out my old boots, they still fit like a well worn glove but are due for a Re-sole and much heavier than my current boots.

Attachments

• PXL_20220519_171547998.jpg
    PXL_20220519_171547998.jpg
    489.8 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread