Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiTech time?

pizzatots

Reaction score
Hi all,

Dunno if this is allowed. But wondering if anyone has a witech that can help troubleshoot an issue. I’m in the Sacramento metro area. Happy to pay or buy beer :)

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Hi all,

Dunno if this is allowed. But wondering if anyone has a witech that can help troubleshoot an issue. I’m in the Sacramento metro area. Happy to pay or buy beer :)
What is the issue. I have witech and I’m nowhere near you, but I can probably tell you if wiTECH would specifically help you as opposed to MUCH cheaper options that are just as capable.

pizzatots

Reaction score
What is the issue. I have witech and I’m nowhere near you, but I can probably tell you if wiTECH would specifically help you as opposed to MUCH cheaper options that are just as capable.

Hey Jimmy - maybe this is something that can be done in AlfaOBD?

I have a drone at 2k RPM when MDS kicks in. Sounds like the passenger side ATMM module is doing wonky things, or not enough "things" to phase out the sound.

I came across: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10221444-9999.pdf

This calls out "With wiTECH navigate to AVC Misc Function and perform the “AVC Transfer Function Routine” with doors closed, Key On Engine Off. Please give 15 to 20 seconds of time after the dampers stop vibrating."

Wanted to give that a shot before leaving my new truck at a dealer for months for them to not know what to do.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Hey Jimmy - maybe this is something that can be done in AlfaOBD?

I have a drone at 2k RPM when MDS kicks in. Sounds like the passenger side ATMM module is doing wonky things, or not enough "things" to phase out the sound.

I came across: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10221444-9999.pdf

This calls out "With wiTECH navigate to AVC Misc Function and perform the “AVC Transfer Function Routine” with doors closed, Key On Engine Off. Please give 15 to 20 seconds of time after the dampers stop vibrating."

Wanted to give that a shot before leaving my new truck at a dealer for months for them to not know what to do.
AlfaOBD doesn’t have the ATM modules in the module list, so you would need wiTECH for that.
Do you for sure have tuned mass modules on the truck? I know they stopped installing them on some trim levels last year.

pizzatots

Reaction score
AlfaOBD doesn’t have the ATM modules in the module list, so you would need wiTECH for that.
Do you for sure have tuned mass modules on the truck? I know they stopped installing them on some trim levels last year.

For sure. They exist. Checked that they were all nicely bolted up and plugged in. Made sure nothing was resting on then wiring wise from my AMP step install. The motors/brackets from the steps aren’t touching either. However I’ll say I noticed the drone before the step install. Just really looking to avoid the dealer.

Jimmy do you know what that routine does to the dampeners? Does it list any details in WiTech?

Users who are viewing this thread