Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wish list

Aketay

Reaction score
What would you like to see added to our trucks?
#1 I wish they would re-activate the remote window up and down feature from the key fob. I think my 09’ had it but my 12’ didn’t.
#2 Auto dimming side rearview mirrors.

johanh13

Reaction score
1) Real free-wheeling hubs in the front, with MANUAL locking
2) FULL-TIME four-wheel drive transfer case with center diff-lock
3) e-Lockers front & rear
4) 18x9" forged wheels
5) King or Fox 2.5" shocks
6) 35" Tire option

Should I keep going ?

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
1: brighter puddle lights
2: more led bed lights
3: camera screen that will stay on with an acceptance button
4: side camera with turn signals
5: no dead pedal
6: better turn radius
7: memory spot mirrors
8: 12" uconnect health report
9: auto memory high vented seat
10: higher end more capable computer technology
11: more advanced send and go features
12: RV route choice with over heighth restrictions
13: rest area locations on interstates
14: more accurate regen gauge
15: cp3, cp3, cp3
16: steering wheel button for cameras
17: air condition should not go off while putting in destination
18: more fuel tank options like on cab snd chassis
19: standard 2 yr ram care
20: more adjustment in airbag functionality
honestly, I'm sure ill think of some more changes I would make to my truck if I was at the plant building my own, as I believe a 85 k pick up truck should be the the cadi of pu trucks with everything high end where your left not wanting anything more. All these things and I'm still extremely happy with my purchase, but it can always be better.

AKDoug

Reaction score
Seat belts that retract- the springs on mine are weak
Taller GM/Ford style mirrors
Ability to leave Tow Haul and exhaust brake on all the time
8 speed Aisin with an additional gear between current 1-2 and another between current 2-3

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Seat belts that retract- the springs on mine are weak
Ability to leave Tow Haul and exhaust brake on all the time
8 speed Aisin with an additional gear between current 1-2 and another between current 2-3
Those are all good ones. We should just design our own build and the masses will come

Ramguy

Reaction score
My 19 Rebel had it. You don't realize how much you liked it until you don't have it.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Rich, you forgot the secretary/ nurse to hold...........it for you(your beverage;)).

Dr__Bob

Reaction score
And power tow/haul settings for the mirrors, like on my Ford. The Ram ones you have to manually flip from horizontal to vertical. Driver's side is ~OK, but passenger side if there is no passenger reminds me of the good ole days when you had to manually adjust the side view mirrors.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Rich, you forgot the secretary/ nurse to hold...........it for you(your beverage;)).
Everyone needs one of those, or both, that sounds better. Ok losing focus boz & rich, get back on track. Bottom line these are great trucks, but there is still allot of room for improvement. I'm sure allot of these things will be corrected over time but they really dropped the ball on not having the most advanced technology. That would probably be my number one PICK as it covers several issues.

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
1: brighter puddle lights
2: more led bed lights
3: camera screen that will stay on with an acceptance button
4: side camera with turn signals
5: no dead pedal
6: better turn radius
7: memory spot mirrors
8: 12" uconnect health report
10: higher end more capable computer technology
11: more advanced send and go features
12: RV route choice with over heighth restrictions
13: rest area locations on interstates
14: more accurate regen gauge
15: cp3, cp3, cp3
16: steering wheel button for cameras
17: air condition should not go off while putting in destination
18: more fuel tank options like on cab snd chassis
19: standard 2 yr ram care
20: more adjustment in airbag functionality
honestly, I'm sure ill think of some more changes I would make to my truck if I was at the plant building my own, as I believe a 85 k pick up truck should be the the cadi of pu trucks with everything high end where your left not wanting anything more. All these things and I'm still extremely happy with my purchase, but it can always be better.
Great list!
I would like to add power tilt/telescopic steering wheel tied into the 2 memory buttons.
Additional memory buttons. Currently we use one for my wife and one for me. However when we go from normal ride around town to towing our 30' trailer (with side view mirrors in tow position), I have to reset everything and save it. Same thing when I go back to around town.
Ability to see what gear I am in without having to activate the limiter.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Ability to see what gear I am in without having to activate the limiter.

Can be done with AlphaOBD. There's a thread here on it.

I think after it was found, someone made a stink with Ramcares about this being in the user manual but not enabled in the trucks. However, I wouldn't hold your breath that it will show up.

Dr__Bob

Reaction score
Can be done with AlphaOBD. There's a thread here on it.

I think after it was found, someone made a stink with Ramcares about this being in the user manual but not enabled in the trucks. However, I wouldn't hold your breath that it will show up.
That would have been me. :). Ramcares did ask for pm’s from folks who asked for the feature, including VINs. But, indeed, I am not holding my breath. Not after it took over 2 months for the dealer to get me the missing jack. Things just don’t move very quickly...

Aketay

Reaction score
Nice replies, makes me feel kind of simple. I did forget one big wish. I really miss my manual transmission. I can still handle big loads and road conditions better than the automatic can.

Dr__Bob

Reaction score
This has been bugging me for a while. Indeed, I would like a lot more "remember the last setting", including vented/heated seats as well as exhaust brake (mentioned by many in other threads). I note that for the vented seats, you can have "auto-on driver heated/ventilated seats and steering wheel" in Uconnect, but it a) only does the driver, and b) puts the seat in low, which, as others have indicated, does next to nothing. If I've got the seats on now, I will most likely need them on the next time I start the truck. I at least discovered that I can put them on the menu bar, so that helps a bit, since they are now just a single touch away.

Users who are viewing this thread