Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wish list

Distillusion

Reaction score
Great list!
I would like to add power tilt/telescopic steering wheel tied into the 2 memory buttons.
Additional memory buttons. Currently we use one for my wife and one for me. However when we go from normal ride around town to towing our 30' trailer (with side view mirrors in tow position), I have to reset everything and save it. Same thing when I go back to around town.
Ability to see what gear I am in without having to activate the limiter.
I like and don't like this idea. I'll try to explain my reasoning: I had a nice BMW a few years back. It had all the memory features - seat/heat/radio/mirrors/climate/etc. All worked from the key fob memory on the key. You remote-unlock the door or stick the key in the ignition, and everything set up for you. Plus it remembered all the last settings. I loved it! The steering wheel was not power, though - tilt/telescoping was manual. My wife dropped her key into the place where I kept mine one day. I'm 6'6" tall. She's 5'. I grabbed the key, thinking it was mine. The car wasn't locked, it was in the garage, so I didn't need to unlock the door. I got in and started it up. Then I got jammed into the dash by the seat pushing forward.... I normally have it all the way back, and she has it all the way to the front. Jammed my bad knee into the dash, but I managed to stop the seat from going further before a real injury. She also normally tilted the steering wheel way lower than I do. If it had been powered and on memory, I might have had more problems.

We also had a situation once where she tossed something heavy into her purse and it hit her key fob, triggering the door unlock (and memory). While I was driving. :-/

Fast forward to today. Her Cherokee has fobs, no keys. I always carry keys for the vehicle we're in, so if she's driving, I've got the fob for her Jeep in a pocket. So there are two fobs in the vicinity of the Jeep, and there's no way for it to know who's in the driver seat - at least not the way it works now.

All these things depend on door unlocking by a key fob button that I've accidentally bumped while it was in my pocket, too.

So I like the feature idea for the steering wheel, but I'm a little worried about implementation, too.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
This has been bugging me for a while. Indeed, I would like a lot more "remember the last setting", including vented/heated seats as well as exhaust brake (mentioned by many in other threads). I note that for the vented seats, you can have "auto-on driver heated/ventilated seats and steering wheel" in Uconnect, but it a) only does the driver, and b) puts the seat in low, which, as others have indicated, does next to nothing. If I've got the seats on now, I will most likely need them on the next time I start the truck. I at least discovered that I can put them on the menu bar, so that helps a bit, since they are now just a single touch away.
I agree 1000% . So annoying every time I start the truck to have to set seat vent to high. It's like what is the point of it remembering low vent if that's not what I want and I have to go in anyway. Also very biased toward the driver as the passenger gets the big shank in. Very only child ram tech :p

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I like and don't like this idea. I'll try to explain my reasoning: I had a nice BMW a few years back. It had all the memory features - seat/heat/radio/mirrors/climate/etc. All worked from the key fob memory on the key. You remote-unlock the door or stick the key in the ignition, and everything set up for you. Plus it remembered all the last settings. I loved it! The steering wheel was not power, though - tilt/telescoping was manual. My wife dropped her key into the place where I kept mine one day. I'm 6'6" tall. She's 5'. I grabbed the key, thinking it was mine. The car wasn't locked, it was in the garage, so I didn't need to unlock the door. I got in and started it up. Then I got jammed into the dash by the seat pushing forward.... I normally have it all the way back, and she has it all the way to the front. Jammed my bad knee into the dash, but I managed to stop the seat from going further before a real injury. She also normally tilted the steering wheel way lower than I do. If it had been powered and on memory, I might have had more problems.

We also had a situation once where she tossed something heavy into her purse and it hit her key fob, triggering the door unlock (and memory). While I was driving. :-/

Fast forward to today. Her Cherokee has fobs, no keys. I always carry keys for the vehicle we're in, so if she's driving, I've got the fob for her Jeep in a pocket. So there are two fobs in the vicinity of the Jeep, and there's no way for it to know who's in the driver seat - at least not the way it works now.

All these things depend on door unlocking by a key fob button that I've accidentally bumped while it was in my pocket, too.

So I like the feature idea for the steering wheel, but I'm a little worried about implementation, too.
Am I understanding correctly or reading to much into your tech savyness. I know about programming the key fob for each driver, ( wich I have not done). Are you saying that I can set both seats to high vent and turn on exhaust braking and program that into fob and it will remember that everytimeI start it via my fob.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Am I understanding correctly or reading to much into your tech savyness. I know about programming the key fob for each driver, ( wich I have not done). Are you saying that I can set both seats to high vent and turn on exhaust braking and program that into fob and it will remember that everytimeI start it via my fob.

No.

"I had a nice BMW a few years back. It had all the memory features - seat/heat/radio/mirrors/climate/etc. "

RIF

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
No.

"I had a nice BMW a few years back. It had all the memory features - seat/heat/radio/mirrors/climate/etc. "

RIF
That's what I figured but I was hopeful, thanks

Distillusion

Reaction score
Am I understanding correctly or reading to much into your tech savyness.
Even the BMW didn't have memory for the passenger side, although it had a split side climate control, and it would remember last settings for both sides. That didn't really make much difference on the passenger side, because I often had one of the kid or a business partner in the car and they didn't all necessarily care for her settings. But also - it was not a one-setting one-time program. It just remembered the last settings for that key. If you turned on the heat on a cool evening, you'd hop in the car the next day and the heat would be on. My kids used to prank me, too. They'd find the key, go play with the car and then put the key back. I'd find the seat set real high so that I couldn't sit down in the car. Another time the radio would be blasting rap station or backstreet boys. Until I started hiding my key.

Distillusion

Reaction score
I agree 1000% . So annoying every time I start the truck to have to set seat vent to high. It's like what is the point of it remembering low vent if that's not what I want and I have to go in anyway. Also very biased toward the driver as the passenger gets the big shank in. Very only child ram tech :p
The passenger doesn't need much but seat adjustment and maybe climate control if it's a split system - and they have nothing better to do while sitting there, anyway. The real value of the memory is when you have different drivers swapping in and out, you don't have to screw around with the mirrors and seat (and power pedals) before you even leave the driveway. I can't even get into the truck if the seat isn't almost all the way back because of my height. The other stuff is just gravy, lazy convenience. I can get the radio and climate set up while moving. But I did like that the BMW remembered ALL the radio stations I set in the radio (10 stations total), so I could jump between them. And all the wife's were set to her key. It was almost as if we had 2 cars in the driveway and only used one at a time, from a convenience factor.

Zeroday

Reaction score
Ahhhh yes. I've got over a foot on my wife also and have been caught in the seat memory crush-o-mat before as well. I wish the seat vent had memory or something also, every time I get in I tap it twice, it's just habit now.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Even the BMW didn't have memory for the passenger side, although it had a split side climate control, and it would remember last settings for both sides. That didn't really make much difference on the passenger side, because I often had one of the kid or a business partner in the car and they didn't all necessarily care for her settings. But also - it was not a one-setting one-time program. It just remembered the last settings for that key. If you turned on the heat on a cool evening, you'd hop in the car the next day and the heat would be on. My kids used to prank me, too. They'd find the key, go play with the car and then put the key back. I'd find the seat set real high so that I couldn't sit down in the car. Another time the radio would be blasting rap station or backstreet boys. Until I started hiding my key.
No kids at home, all grown and graduated from college. I always set my ac or heat the way I want it the next time I jump in it, when I park it.

Distillusion

Reaction score
No kids at home, all grown and graduated from college. I always set my ac or heat the way I want it the next time I jump in it, when I park it.
Mine are gone, graduated, too, now. But I still end up with other passengers besides the wife. What you need for climate control is the old-school sliders. You set them, it's what you get until you change them. No need for electronic memory. :)
dd.PNG

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Mine are gone, graduated, too, now. But I still end up with other passengers besides the wife. What you need for climate control is the old-school sliders. You set them, it's what you get until you change them. No need for electronic memory. :)
View attachment 6867
Ahh, the good old days. Until the cables start sticking and you can only move the knob 1 inch either way from center. Then your stuck with the 2-55. 2 windows at 55mph

Dr__Bob

Reaction score
Ahh, the good old days. Until the cables start sticking and you can only move the knob 1 inch either way from center. Then your stuck with the 2-55. 2 windows at 55mph
And by the time you've hit the road the tubes in the radio have finally warmed up! The real good ol' days. I still remember the fascination of the instant-on transistor radio in my parent's car.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
And by the time you've hit the road the tubes in the radio have finally warmed up! The real good ol' days. I still remember the fascination of the instant-on transistor radio in my parent's car.
Wew wee Dr Bob, now that's way back

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
I wish:
Interior lights were brighter.
6.4 Chirping at startup sucks
6.4 seems to hesitate at slow speeds like driving to the end of the driveway when engine cold
Haven't owned a Ram since my 91 250, but my brakes don't feel like they are 100% correct.
Have about 3600 miles in 2 months, was hoping some of the engine and brake issues would work themselves out, but no luck!

Truck sure does look good though!

Distillusion

Reaction score
Things I'd like to see:
  • The flat fold out platform under the seats should be more sturdy. The crap glued-cloth center hinge area wears out too easily with a 60 lb dog jumping into the truck to ride along.
  • There could be a little more storage up front for those of us that don't want Rambox.
  • The UConnect screen should be completely dimmable at night rather than staying backlit.
  • Ram should offer the multifunction tailgate like the 1500s have.
  • RAM could offer the night edition with the olive green paint. I'd order a new truck today.

Users who are viewing this thread