Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiring harness by retractable running boards

kkerley

Reaction score
Trying to plan to add some lights to light up the factory retractable running boards. There are 2 capped off connectors on each side, one with 3 wires and one with 2 wires. Wondering if anyone knows what these are for and how they are controlled. It would be nice if they provided factory power to be able to connect to to power some LED lights.

Attachments

• IMG_9306.jpeg
    IMG_9306.jpeg
    310 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9308.jpeg
    IMG_9308.jpeg
    355 KB · Views: 20

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Those are the connectors for the active dampening tuned mass sensors, for active vibration cancellation. None of those circuits would power LED lights.

d19r93

Reaction score
Those are the connectors for the active dampening tuned mass sensors, for active vibration cancellation. None of those circuits would power LED lights.
Is that a packaged option? Or on certain trims? Trying to understand why they're capped off.

jadmt

Reaction score
Is that a packaged option? Or on certain trims? Trying to understand why they're capped off.
they are on hemi's not diesels and seems like in 2022 and maybe even 2021 they became extinct due to the chip shortage. So ultimately they must not have been that important on earlier gas trucks.

d19r93

Reaction score
they are on hemi's not diesels and seems like in 2022 and maybe even 2021 they became extinct due to the chip shortage. So ultimately they must not have been that important on earlier gas trucks.
so you're telling me to pull the ones off my 1500 before I trade it in? totally kidding, but really.

Users who are viewing this thread