Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winch controller cover keeps falling off.

Etoimos

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problem with the winch controller plug coming loose while you are driving and interfering with the front sensor? Is there a fix for this?

Wobly

Reaction score
I have never had my controller cover come loose. I even have a healthy coating of dielectric grease on my plug and it still stays where it belongs.

wills22PW

Reaction score
I have this exact problem. The cover has been coming loose since the truck was new but I don’t recall the sensor issue happening until about 6 months after I bought the truck. I never put the 2 together until this post. Makes the most sense though. I was planning on pulling all the sensors and cleaning the connectors and de-coupler rings soon just to see if it helps. The fault I get is front park sense unavailable-wipe sensors or something to that effect.

Etoimos

Reaction score
I have this exact problem. The cover has been coming loose since the truck was new but I don’t recall the sensor issue happening until about 6 months after I bought the truck. I never put the 2 together until this post. Makes the most sense though. I was planning on pulling all the sensors and cleaning the connectors and de-coupler rings soon just to see if it helps. The fault I get is front park sense unavailable-wipe sensors or something to that effect.

That is the same fault I get. It is the cover swinging down in front of the sensor. I may see if some type of putty in the cover recesses will help hold it in there.

jetrinka

Reaction score
I've got some dielectric grease around mine to help keep it in/seal moisture out as best as possible. Never had a problem with it coming out though.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problem with the winch controller plug coming loose while you are driving and interfering with the front sensor? Is there a fix for this?
I've had it happen as well. I did the grease trick everyone else mentioned. Just enough to give that cover a little more sticking power.

Etoimos

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I'll try the dielectric grease and see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread