Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wig Wag lights on 2022 VSIM

mountainears

Reaction score
I’ve been getting prepared to setup the Wig Wag lights with the VSIM module on my 22 3500. Reading posts and documentation from Ram, etc.

Everything I’ve seen shows that you need to use an AUX switch to trigger a relay to switch ground because the Wig Wag activation in the VSIM requires a ground trigger. Seemed pretty stupid and extra stuff to just enable that.

Well it looks like Ram may have sorted that. I looked on the Body Builder site (https://www.ramtrucks.com/ram-commercial/body-builders-guide/vehicle-updates.html) and there is a new VSIM document dated March 31, 2022. Looks like they moved the VSIM to the center console under the cup holders and they changed the Wig Wag input to a 12v+ trigger. With that you should be able to just take an Aux output from the engine bay, pass it back to the cab with one of the pass thru wires and connect it to the Wig Wag input on the VSIM connector. No relay required and much cleaner.

I’ll hopefully have time to work on it this weekend and will report back, unless someone else has already done this (have not seen it here).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
VSIM is still under the steering column. The document you are looking at is for a Ram promaster van.

mountainears

Reaction score
Yea, I just noticed that and was going to update with this info:).

The document specifically calls out the Promaster which is the crew van. I may have got overly excited that they adjusted it to be a 12v+ trigger. I’ll check things out though and confirm, almost stranger that it would be + on some and - on others. But oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread