Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is everyone mounting their CB/Ham mics?

NomadPNW

Reaction score
Nope, just fit in with no modifications I went with a easy bend coax with a rugged radio .5 antenna. I have reach out about 35 miles with Sitcom and can easily reach a Repeater about 40 miles away.
How are you running power to it?

Xflight29

Reaction score
I have the AUX switches and hooked up to the in cab line that comes with the AUX switches and have it hooked up to AUX #6 ran it up between the front dash panel and tied it in to the trough cab power.

Xflight29

Reaction score
if you look up dash cam in the forms they have a great write up on the through cab cable for power.

NomadPNW

Reaction score
I have the AUX switches and hooked up to the in cab line that comes with the AUX switches and have it hooked up to AUX #6 ran it up between the front dash panel and tied it in to the trough cab power.
Ah. Have mine snaked through the back of the dash through the firewall and direct power from the battery. Trying to get a drill in that cubby I have up on so said meh. I have the AUX switch panel but rather hard wire and couldn’t understand the wiring lay out. I wish RAM did a better job in explaining all of that.

Xflight29

Reaction score
I here you, got a lot of help from staff members and other members on how to do it. Once you understand it is super easy. I wanted to go with the AUX switch so I don't forget its on.

NomadPNW

Reaction score
I here you, got a lot of help from staff members and other members on how to do it. Once you understand it is super easy. I wanted to go with the AUX switch so I don't forget its on.
All my radio guys were like hard wire the radios since the switch and route can cause interference and such. I love this radio tho!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought I would toss an update :) Got it all handled with the help of Bulletproof Mounting Solutions and some modding, tossed the main unit in my glovebox. Other arm is for a phone or GoPro clip. Rock solid mounting!

Is that center top base plate Bulletproof or DIY?

I used one from RAM mounts that I had to chop down and drill new holes in but it's only a single center post.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
It’s a base plate that mounts to the factory screw holes. Took about 15 seconds to do :)

Thanks.

I swear I looked at Bulletproof when I got the RAM mount and they didn't have them for the new Rams yet.

I also see they are 20mm and all my RAM mount stuff is 1" so maybe they had them and I passed for that reason. Didn't want to buy adapters.

NomadPNW

Reaction score
Thanks.

I swear I looked at Bulletproof when I got the RAM mount and they didn't have them for the new Rams yet.

I also see they are 20mm and all my RAM mount stuff is 1" so maybe they had them and I passed for that reason. Didn't want to buy adapters.
Yeah they have 17mm and 20mm, what do you use for RAM Mount stuff? These guys have a lot of things now. Might be worth looking back into them.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah they have 17mm and 20mm, what do you use for RAM Mount stuff? These guys have a lot of things now. Might be worth looking back into them.

I had a bunch of 1" RAM mount stuff from my 04.5. Posts, arms, etc. for Phone, Edge Display, CB mic, Bluetooth control pod. Don't need all that now, just my phone and eventually I'll get my 75WX/ST and amp reinstalled and try to also find a spot for a small GMRS radio I already have but never installed. I wouldn't mind putting the GMRS radio overhead since there's no sunroof.

I can always put on a splitter or bolt more 1" ball mounts to the plate I used. I'm not going to spend more $$ for stuff I basically already have.

I just prefer to use plug and play of possible and had to mod this RAM mount to fit.

1606028170876.png

Users who are viewing this thread