Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is everyone mounting their CB/Ham mics?

NomadPNW

Reaction score
So my mounting idea didn’t work with my cell mount due to my truck being difficult. I have a GMRS mic I need mounted. Where is everyone hanging or clipping their mics? :)

Attachments

• F2B9109D-FF7E-43C0-AFEC-ADF6D04DA384.jpeg
    F2B9109D-FF7E-43C0-AFEC-ADF6D04DA384.jpeg
    583.4 KB · Views: 62

farmallboy

Stump Killer
Reaction score
Am yet to do my install for radios but the pro clips make nice options. Tons of YouTube videos covering their options.

Xflight29

Reaction score
So my mounting idea didn’t work with my cell mount due to my truck being difficult. I have a GMRS mic I need mounted. Where is everyone hanging or clipping their mics? :)
Just finished mounting my Midland and am also trying to find a place. Only place I see is just to the right of the 4x4 switches. 2020 3500 Longhorn.

NomadPNW

Reaction score
Just finished mounting my Midland and am also trying to find a place. Only place I see is just to the right of the 4x4 switches. 2020 3500 Longhorn.
Where did you mount the body of the unit? I hid mine in the main glove box and the ran the mic wire under the glovebox door. I can’t get the sticky mic clip to hold onto any of the plastic in this truck lol

Xflight29

Reaction score
Where did you mount the body of the unit? I hid mine in the main glove box and the ran the mic wire under the glovebox door. I can’t get the sticky mic clip to hold onto any of the plastic in this truck lol
Installed the main unit in the center conceal at the bottom of it there is a 5x5x1.5 pocket toward the bottom front of it, fits Perfect in that little open space. Need to run permanent power to it hoping to use the AUX switch pass-thru # 6 for power once I understand the way it hooks up to the gray connector under dash .

Last edited:

steve49

Reaction score
I installed my Motorola UHF M1225 radio in the little drawer under the center dash controls, and used a Larsen puck type antenna on the roof. The 5" tall antenna I used on my previous truck won't clear the garage door since the 2500 is taller. Was originally gonna install the radio in the bottom front seat storage compartment, but after a closer look there was a anti roll over module device there, wasn't sure if radio transmit would cause it to wack out. We use these radios when we travel in a group, and have them installed on our side x sides etc.

Attachments​

• radio3.jpg
    radio3.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 33
  • radio1.jpg

farmallboy

Stump Killer
Reaction score
I installed my Motorola UHF M1225 radio in the little drawer under the center dash controls, and used a Larsen puck type antenna on the roof. The 5" tall antenna I used on my previous truck won't clear the garage door since the 2500 is taller. Was originally gonna install the radio in the bottom front seat storage compartment, but after a closer look there was a anti roll over module device there, wasn't sure if radio transmit would cause it to wack out. We use these radios when we travel in a group, and have them installed on our side x sides etc.

Attachments​

• radio3.jpg
    radio3.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 33
  • radio1.jpg

Wait. There's a pull out drawer down there ?!

NomadPNW

Reaction score
Looking at your picture, how do you have the light mounted by your hood? (Nomad)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s the Baja Designs A-Pilar bracket for the 5th gens. It mount to a fender bolt under the cowl, simple bolt on and no modding needed. Then I got a bracket from CaliRasiedLED to mount my antenna on to.

Attachments

• 5C750E70-7B8F-47AA-9AD6-85C6E46CA3CF.jpeg
    5C750E70-7B8F-47AA-9AD6-85C6E46CA3CF.jpeg
    331.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 0B142C13-799A-44B6-B53C-DB2B178065E9.jpeg
    0B142C13-799A-44B6-B53C-DB2B178065E9.jpeg
    408.4 KB · Views: 58

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Installed the main unit in the center conceal at the bottom of it there is a 5x5x1.5 pocket toward the bottom front of it, fits Perfect in that little open space. Need to run permanent power to it hoping to use the AUX switch pass-thru # 6 for power once I understand the way it hooks up to the gray connector under dash .
Look at the dash camera thread. I've posted in many places the wiring diagram for bringing an AUX switch back into the cab using the pass through circuit and the grey upfitter jumper for that and also picking up IGN and BAT power.

farmallboy

Stump Killer
Reaction score
It’s the Baja Designs A-Pilar bracket for the 5th gens. It mount to a fender bolt under the cowl, simple bolt on and no modding needed. Then I got a bracket from CaliRasiedLED to mount my antenna on to.

Low profile dual band ?

AMLumber

Reaction score
IMG_2611.jpg
IMG_2610.jpg

I have a tradesman w/o the pullout drawer. I mounted my scanner and CB to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

farmallboy

Stump Killer
Reaction score
Clean install!

I looked at those midlands. They are the bear "remote control cb" IMO. How do you like it?

Thanks for the mount name. I'll be looking them up.

NomadPNW

Reaction score
Clean install!

I looked at those midlands. They are the bear "remote control cb" IMO. How do you like it?

Thanks for the mount name. I'll be looking them up.
I love it so far, the quality from CB is night and day . The fact you can rock handhelds and all the trucks while off roading is amazing. Has the weather channels too so that’s always fun. I find CBs just out dated, range is poor, you need really long grounded antenna. GMRS just works and it works all the time. :)

Xflight29

Reaction score
Did you take the center console out for that install? That’s epic!!! I couldn’t figure out how to get it to fit in that pocket.
Nope, just fit in with no modifications I went with a easy bend coax with a rugged radio .5 antenna. I have reach out about 35 miles with Sitcom and can easily reach a Repeater about 40 miles away.

Users who are viewing this thread