Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the most annoying thing about your truck?

QuattroCS

Reaction score
My saved radio stations are deleted almost every week and some times random stations just appear in my saved stations too. ESPN radio has added itself three times even though I'd rather list to wind noise than sports talk radio.
its saying you need more sports in your life ;-)

i use android auto, i really dont listen to the radio anymore

spib

Reaction score
I dont like the computer / radio thing. (u connect 5, 8.4 inch, no navigation)

dieselscout80

Reaction score
I’ve got a used 2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.4 w/ 4.10 and its running with the tailgate open the backup camera and backup sensors are useless.

The short bed means when hauling hay and long materials the tailgate needs to be open often.

It would be nice if with the tailgate open these two systems self adjusted to still be operational with the tailgate open.

The only other thing is no proximity door unlocking/opening.

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
MIRRORS!! I am absolutely not used to the tow mirrors. And the 57 camera angles don’t help either. It’s like I’ve never backed a trailer up before. Man this is frustrating!

RichM752

Reaction score
I'm annoyed that my truck is in the body shop until next week to repair the damage the deer made when she ran into me on the interstate.

SGTRAM

Reaction score
I'm annoyed that my truck is in the body shop until next week to repair the damage the deer made when she ran into me on the interstate.

I understand your frustration. My truck will be in the body shop for an additional week just waiting for a trim piece. The trim has been ordered but they don't know when it will be delivered.

JMT

Reaction score
Something else I don't care for is the shift knob in the gassers. May sound silly, buy it took me a bit to get used to it.
Still hate the seats the most...almost 4,000 miles and they are still hard as a rock.

It's funny that there are 125+ post about things we dislike but only 9 post on the thread about what we like the most, lol.

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
Something else I don't care for is the shift knob in the gassers. May sound silly, buy it took me a bit to get used to it.
Still hate the seats the most...almost 4,000 miles and they are still hard as a rock.

It's funny that there are 125+ post about things we dislike but only 9 post on the thread about what we like the most, lol.
If you go to a restaurant you love you tell three friends/family.

If you go to a restaurant you hate, you tell everybody you know.

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
How sore I am after washing the giant mother effer. Far and away the largest vehicle ive ever owned.

Otherwise, absolutely love mine. Really can't complain.
I said I was only going to hand wash my truck before I took delivery. Then I realized just how busy I am between my day job and running a home based business in my off time. I literally have never once hand washed it. Thats going to have to change once I order a dually cab & chassis next week. Good thing its gonna be white so it will hide crap better than delmonaco red.

mcarey

Reaction score
I wash mine at those DIY high-pressure bays, and it's not TOO bad. Takes less than 20 minutes.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
One other thing is the reverse lights.

However, I think all vehicles are lacking good reverse lights. I think reverse lights should be at least close to the same as low beam headlights as backing up isn’t as easy as going forward.

Last edited:

clotagames

Reaction score
Uconnect 5 is terrible. Will not allow me to open my apps most days unless I do a soft reset. Cannot get the weather app to work. Worked off and on for first 6 months and now will not work at all. Hope it’s not part of ram connect. Wish they had used the Sirius/Xm weather.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
I don't get why's everyone hating the key fob, it may be a new thing in RAM trucks but it's a very old tech by now, my wife's 2009 infinity has it, my 2015 ducati diavel has it and it's a life saver, every bike rider I know has on multiple occasions got fully geared before realizing the key is in their pocket or backpack before starting their bikes, takes another minute or two to get it out while everyone else is waiting, I'm liking the key fobs!

What I dislike are the:
1. Steering wheel shifter boot - keep chewing itself out
2. Bright screen light when reversing
3. Dash lights switching to night mode way too early making it hard to see gauges and screen
4. Us '19 diesel owners being pushed aside for HPFP recall.

Users who are viewing this thread