Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the most annoying thing about your truck?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I had Hill Decent on the previous Ford truck, the biggest joke I had ever seen ! , All it does is modulate the antilock brakes and will smoke the brakes in no time with a load.
Weird. Was it a gas truck?

I had hill deScent control on Colorado 2.8L mini duramax and with the descent control on it would use the gears and the exhaust brake and would crawl down a hill even with a trailer near max for that truck (6800lb out of 8000)

I used it once on a steep road and it was actually too slow of a descent.

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
3 beeps when exiting vehicle with it running is the most annoying thing about the truck. Second most annoying are the shift points being so low in the RPM range. The cummins has the torque to do it, but if/when it gets tuned the transmission shift points will absolutely be adjusted at that time.

Riddick

Reaction score
I am going to go with the amazing UConnect 5. Every time I get in my truck I always try to guess what Theme Uconnect decides I like the most. Also, I have programmed my radio presets so many times I can do it blind folded. Last month I was checking my air pressure and it some how magically converted to kpa. All little things but I really wish the system worked as advertised. I really hope they figure this out soon, at first it really didnt bother me but now I'm starting to get tired of setting up my preferences all the time.

Jsboening

Reaction score
I am going to go with the amazing UConnect 5. Every time I get in my truck I always try to guess what Theme Uconnect decides I like the most. Also, I have programmed my radio presets so many times I can do it blind folded. Last month I was checking my air pressure and it some how magically converted to kpa. All little things but I really wish the system worked as advertised. I really hope they figure this out soon, at first it really didnt bother me but now I'm starting to get tired of setting up my preferences all the time.
I really didn’t need to hear this when I haven’t even got my truck yet.

Jsboening

Reaction score
The issues I named above seem to primarily happen on the 8.4 Non Nav head units.
So you connect 5is just the software shared between the different head units? I ordered mine with the 12” display.

Riddick

Reaction score
So you connect 5is just the software shared between the different head units? I ordered mine with the 12” display.

UConnect 5 is the interface system itself. The 8.4s and 12" displays have different software versions, each of them have their glitches. If you have time check out the 4.5 Gen UConnect systems sub forum, there is a pretty good thread discussing this.

Jsboening

Reaction score
UConnect 5 is the interface system itself. The 8.4s and 12" displays have different software versions, each of them have their glitches. If you have time check out the 4.5 Gen UConnect systems sub forum, there is a pretty good thread discussing this.
Thanks much Sir. Will do

@JC

Reaction score
Lack of a power adjustable steering column, oh and only having a single pane sunroof available in the HD instead of the amazing dual pane with power retractable sun shade.

Reaction score
I understand that but with that much weight its the only option the EB would never work very well that low of rpm
If the exhaust brake would work in low range , 2nd gear 2500 rpm would be 5 miles an hour (guessing) and the exhaust brake would work great !

Reaction score
Weird. Was it a gas truck?

I had hill deScent control on Colorado 2.8L mini duramax and with the descent control on it would use the gears and the exhaust brake and would crawl down a hill even with a trailer near max for that truck (6800lb out of 8000)

I used it once on a steep road and it was actually too slow of a descent.
Yes, a gas eco-boost. No exhaust brake.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
If the exhaust brake would work in low range , 2nd gear 2500 rpm would be 5 miles an hour (guessing) and the exhaust brake would work great !
1st gear 4low rpm is at 1100 thats with my 3.73 gears so if you had 4.10 you would be about 1300rpm still not enough for an effective exhaust brake it will do some but not much

DP3500

Reaction score
couple small things,
1. The full brightness of the backup camera, at night its brutal.
2. When you turn the lights to the "off" position, the screen light goes to full brightness again.
3. I've seen a couple people mention the headlights never going fully off. Don't like that the halos stay on while in the "off" position for headlights.

Otherwise I love the truck, maybe I just need to wear sunglasses at night.

QuattroCS

Reaction score
couple small things,
1. The full brightness of the backup camera, at night its brutal.
2. When you turn the lights to the "off" position, the screen light goes to full brightness again.
3. I've seen a couple people mention the headlights never going fully off. Don't like that the halos stay on while in the "off" position for headlights.

Otherwise I love the truck, maybe I just need to wear sunglasses at night.
The Halo can be disabled via AlfaODB and then wired to an aux/regular switch, to turn on when desired, there was a wiring diagram shared, will have to locate it.

Edit: Located - https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...ing-about-your-truck.10781/page-3#post-195814

Users who are viewing this thread