Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the current software version on the 12" Uconnect 5 system?

Zeus2018

Reaction score
I called Ram Customer service the other day to ask even though no updates are showing when I put in my vin. I do know that the same vehicle may receive the same update at different times.

After asking what the current update was, the advisor asked me to tell them what version I was showing first, and I politely explained to them, well if I tell you, you'll just tell me that's the current version. So I asked the advisor to let me know first what the current software version is and he ultimately said he would not tell me and then hung up on me.

Zeus2018

Reaction score
How frequently do they seem to be pushing out updates to the system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Well, look at it this way:
2019 is when the UC4 12” radio came out. There has been one OTA update for sure for that radio, maybe two, over a period of 4 model years.
The 2022 UC5 12” radio has had at least 8 updates that I am aware of since august of 2021.

Zeus2018

Reaction score
2019 is when the UC4 12” radio came out. There has been one OTA update for sure for that radio, maybe two, over a period of 4 model years.
The 2022 UC5 12” radio has had at least 8 updates that I am aware of since august of 2021.
Oh wow... o_O

Flea

Reaction score
Just received S24.13 today. Haven’t had many problems but hope it improves. Anyone else get this recently?
f3ea275a679fbe1c435de12511937cff.jpg

3f2c7fd2eb4ebfcab2b1723a9c3f0135.jpg

Zeus2018

Reaction score
Just received S24.13 today. Haven’t had many problems but hope it improves. Anyone else get this recently?
f3ea275a679fbe1c435de12511937cff.jpg

3f2c7fd2eb4ebfcab2b1723a9c3f0135.jpg

Hey man! I saw your post on the FB group.... so that's the version my truck was delivered with in early august 22'. When did you take delivery of your truck?

Flea

Reaction score
Hey man! I saw your post on the FB group.... so that's the version my truck was delivered with in early august 22'. When did you take delivery of your truck?

I took delivery early July. Not sure why it took so long for the update to come through. You have any bugs or issues with this current SW version?

Tommyid1

Reaction score
I parked at work and my truck said downloading update. I had to shut down and go in to work and I just hoped it would continue but it doesn’t look like it did. My cargo camera has not worked since I got the truck in April and the dealers keep saying there’s no update. I’m getting pretty damn annoyed with this. Is there Anyway to force it to update or did I just miss my shot.
That’s my current version.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 39

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
I parked at work and my truck said downloading update. I had to shut down and go in to work and I just hoped it would continue but it doesn’t look like it did. My cargo camera has not worked since I got the truck in April and the dealers keep saying there’s no update. I’m getting pretty damn annoyed with this. Is there Anyway to force it to update or did I just miss my shot.
That’s my current version.
I was out this morning with my wife and got the same message on the way in to a store. I shut the truck off and got the message next time I started the truck. It only took 3 or 4 minutes.

Tommyid1

Reaction score
I was out this morning with my wife and got the same message on the way in to a store. I shut the truck off and got the message next time I started the truck. It only took 3 or 4 minutes.
Just started truck to leave from work and didn’t get the message again. What gives? Do I have to have the wifi connected or something?

Zeus2018

Reaction score
I also got a update message that said “Uconnect Box Update.” Sat in the truck for a bit but never received any kind of message that gave me an indication of a successful update. Seemed like it was taking a while and had turn off the ignition. My version number is still the same as it was previously.

Anyone have an idea what this update is?

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
Just started truck to leave from work and didn’t get the message again. What gives? Do I have to have the wifi connected or something?
I have no idea how it works to be honest. I was surprised to get the notice - surprised it didn’t fail when I first shut the truck off - surprised it asked me again - and surprised it only took a few minutes to download.

I don’t know what version it is and I didn’t see anything different when driving it today. Did it even do anything? I dunno!

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
I also got a update message that said “Uconnect Box Update.” Sat in the truck for a bit but never received any kind of message that gave me an indication of a successful update. Seemed like it was taking a while and had turn off the ignition. My version number is still the same as it was previously.

Anyone have an idea what this update is?
I don’t know where to find the number of the update. I went to the Uconnect site to enter my VIN and all it said was there were no new updates for my vehicle. I thought it might show up in the RAM app (which, yes, I’m the PT Barnum target guy who is paying for it) but bupkiss….

Users who are viewing this thread