Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this microswitch under my dash?

diesel_driver_3500

Reaction score
I’d start at the dealer. Fca didn’t install it.
But FCA provides the warranty. And FCA is the one to deny the warranty when the truck comes in for electrical issues that were caused by the dealer. Contacting them, with pictures, will at least document who is responsible for butchering the wiring in the first place. Better to bring it to everyone's attention before there are any issues then trying to prove something down the road.

No guarantees it will help, but it sure can't hurt.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll try that. I have a voicemail in to service, I'm guessing I'll be calling a few times a day until I get someone to answer this question. Sure looks a lot like the alarm Test_Eng described. Would appreciate if someone could take a quick photo of their stock setup for me to compare against. Thanks for the help.

There is no need to compare anything. it is not stock. Not installed by the factory. Dealer add-on. Period.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I would contact FCA and demand that the dealer replace the wire harness or harnesses that they tapped into. Also have them replace the knee bolster. There is no excuse for unwrapping the wire harness and piercing the wires with taps. These trucks are too susceptible to electrical issues to splice into the system like this.

Harness replacement would never happen.

At most, they will do a butt splice repair. This is how damaged wiring is most often repaired. More likely, they'll just tape it back up.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Contact @RamCares on this thread or by PM. They are pretty active on the forum and should be able to offer advice and act as a liaison between you and the dealer.

It can't hurt to reach out to them.
Thanks! I'll try that. I have a voicemail in to service, I'm guessing I'll be calling a few times a day until I get someone to answer this question. Sure looks a lot like the alarm Test_Eng described. Would appreciate if someone could take a quick photo of their stock setup for me to compare against. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the mention @diesel_driver_3500!

Feel free to send a private message to our team with some additional details as well as your VIN so we can look into this matter further while you work with your dealer @dd2500.

Hannah
Ram Cares

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

sstoner911

Reaction score
Closest image matches I found

Yup, SWDS KARR Security System

Users who are viewing this thread