Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this microswitch under my dash?

dd2500

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2021 2500 Cummins that I bought new off the lot a couple of months ago. I've been wondering what this switch is for, does anyone have this? Its located down to the left of the hood release lever. Its wired down to what looks like a little module with a 15A fuse. This does not look factory to me, based on the crooked mounting job. I've pressed it a number of times, I don't notice anything. Take a look at the photo, its the grey thing with a purple button, red and black wires going to some kind of module (2nd picture). I have not called the dealer about this yet. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_6119.JPG
    IMG_6119.JPG
    608.3 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_6121.JPG
    IMG_6121.JPG
    467.6 KB · Views: 237

flan

Reaction score
Nothing like that on mine.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Who ever installed it should be shot using wire taps does it have a non factory remote start? Usually a low jack is less wires unless this one has an included immobilizer

dd2500

Reaction score
I cut the zip tie and now here is a better view of the grey module. What is this thing?
Yeah, I'm not excited about the wire taps either.
1619316499990.png

dd2500

Reaction score
Forgot to answer your questions:
It does not have a non factory (or factory) remote start. I’m not sure if it has an immobilizer to be honest.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless there's some fine print in any finance docs you signed, I would make that dealer remove that tracking/disable device, properly fix the broken wiring those taps caused, and replace the panel they put the screws into.

You should also be compensated for your trouble. I think a free oil change or two would work.

dd2500

Reaction score
Hmm, I think you might be right about the alarm. Thanks for the info. I will get a hold of the dealer and let you know what I find out.

diesel_driver_3500

Reaction score
I would contact FCA and demand that the dealer replace the wire harness or harnesses that they tapped into. Also have them replace the knee bolster. There is no excuse for unwrapping the wire harness and piercing the wires with taps. These trucks are too susceptible to electrical issues to splice into the system like this.

dd2500

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Has anyone contacted FCA and can give me advice on where to start?

diesel_driver_3500

Reaction score
Contact @RamCares on this thread or by PM. They are pretty active on the forum and should be able to offer advice and act as a liaison between you and the dealer.

It can't hurt to reach out to them.

dd2500

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll try that. I have a voicemail in to service, I'm guessing I'll be calling a few times a day until I get someone to answer this question. Sure looks a lot like the alarm Test_Eng described. Would appreciate if someone could take a quick photo of their stock setup for me to compare against. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread