Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the quickest way to see the front camera?

dm6

Reaction score
I have the 12 inch screen and somehow it defaults to both the backup camera and 360 view when it is in reverse. When I pull into the garage, I want to look at the front camera to see how much room I have. I have not used it that much but seems like I have to go through a couple of different screens to get to the front camera. Is there some sort of shortcut, perhaps just a button I can push to immediately get to that camera?

el_barto

Reaction score
Mine’s only an 8.4 but yeah rearranged to quick access the cameras. 0C899FD8-7070-4CE3-BC76-308407193186.jpeg

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I currently have Surround, Cargo, and Trailer AUX on the menu. I replace Trailer Aux with something else off season.
Do you have the mopar trailer cam? If you do Is it as bad of quality as people say it is?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have the mopar trailer cam? If you do Is it as bad of quality as people say it is?

I do not. I have a Brand Motion Camera. The quality is good but they lied about the vertical viewing angle (claimed 90°) and played dumb when I contacted tech support about it only being 70°.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I do not. I have a Brand Motion Camera. The quality is good but they lied about the vertical viewing angle (claimed 90°) and played dumb when I contacted tech support about it only being 70°.
Is it a plug/play setup for the ram plug?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
It is not. I bought a Ford cable and hacked it up to the Ram pin specs. Bought the other side connectors and pins from Mouser and wired up my aftermarket camera.
Pics of what the picture looks like? Assuming it’s decent if you’re running it. Feel like making another for profit?

dm6

Reaction score
I currently have Surround, Cargo, and Trailer AUX on the menu. I replace Trailer Aux with something else off season.
Is this on the main screen of the 12 inch or what? Like at the bottom where you have media, climate, apps, etc.? I thought I tried but couldn't get individual cameras down there. I believe I just have the cargo cam down there then when I push it, it takes me to the cam page and then I have to navigate to the front cam.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this on the main screen of the 12 inch or what? Like at the bottom where you have media, climate, apps, etc.? I thought I tried but couldn't get individual cameras down there. I believe I just have the cargo cam down there then when I push it, it takes me to the cam page and then I have to navigate to the front cam.
Yes, on the main screen bottom row.

Combra6589

Reaction score
Is there a way to keep the backup/cargo cam on longer? I did it once on my 20 limited to keep an eye on my trailer but can’t seem to keep it on longer than a few seconds now

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Not stock. Requires a NAViKS black box.

Users who are viewing this thread