Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to Rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I would like all to chime in who have personal experience or have seen the difference. On my RV and old 16 model ram I traded in, I've always used MCGUIRES GOLD CLASS CARNUBA PLUS PREMIUM LIQUID WAX. I have always had amazing results and have been 100% satisfied. My bottle finally ran out after 2 yrs (stuff went a long way) and I need to replenish. I have not done the new 20 model ram yet and everybody is always talking about the ceramic stuff, so im asking can you physically tell the difference between the 2? , does one protect better than the other? , is there a con to a certain brand?, opinions and knowledge please. It's it worth switching over to ceramic when I already have a product that I'm happy with

JasonB

Reaction score
I would check out CarPro Reload and Elixr. I use both. It’s a move to the sealant side but they are very hydroscopic and last a good amount of time.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
So had the auto regen come on today. A little back story first. It's come on before at 25% and only ran for about 7 minutes of highway travel, all was good. This month were at 1 location for a month where stores and eats are only 2.5 miles away wich we might do twice a wk. I've been watching my regen %% level full gauge, and after 3 wks of little driving the gauge slowly builded up in %% level. Today we got in to go to Wal-Mart and it was at 45% full. After wallies on short trip home the auto regen was probably around 50% or so, speculative. We stayed on the interstate and opened her up to 90 mph. Drove back and forth for 30 minutes and the auto regen screen would not go off so i took the wife home with frozen groceries, then i was going to get back in and finish up regen. I had no idea what the soot %% had dropped to as it stayed on auto regen warning. Well note to self and everyone else. When I dropped the wife of at home, put it in park, left it running obviously. When i put it in park, the normal %% to full gauge popped back up to show me, down to 12%. I then put it back into gear to take back off and finish cycle and it went back to auto regen warning. So if auto regen happens to you and you drive for a while and want to know what %% had dropped to, pull over and put into park. So I got back on interstate at 12% and opened her up and after 2 miles auto regen shut off and gauge went back to 00 %% full screen. Told the wife she should of road it out for one more exit. All in all, it regen for 40 minutes at around 50% full. Also, from here on out going forward, once it gets to 25% full and I'm going to be somewhere for a while, ill do a quick burn off then as it seams to only last about 7 minutes

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I stumbled upon this informative read. Several topics covered from the cp4 failures to differential covers to death wobbles.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about these for a while now to help with tool storage at the rear of bed. It's called the swinging tool box, there below rail and won't interrupt Bak flip, i don't think they'll hinder pin box turning radius, they hold around 75lbs each. Really and truly, i absolutely love that you can just swing your stuff out to edge of tailgate but i absolutely hate and cringe at drilling all those holes. Had anyone installed these and if so does it cover the illumination of the led bed lights and what about the 7/12 plug in bed. What do yah think, comments concerns questions. I'm currently just putting 2 little toolbox in the nook for my everyday use tools so I don't have to dig through deep Lund box and climb in and out oftruck20200919_145518.jpg20200919_145558.jpg
Screenshot_20200919-143854.pngI know I know craftsmen junk boxes.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I've been thinking about these for a while now to help with tool storage at the rear of bed. It's called the swinging tool box, there below rail and won't interrupt Bak flip, i don't think they'll hinder pin box turning radius, they hold around 75lbs each. Really and truly, i absolutely love that you can just swing your stuff out to edge of tailgate but i absolutely hate and cringe at drilling all those holes. Had anyone installed these and if so does it cover the illumination of the led bed lights and what about the 7/12 plug in bed. What do yah think, comments concerns questions. I'm currently just putting 2 little toolbox in the nook for my everyday use tools so I don't have to dig through deep Lund box and climb in and out oftruck
View attachment 7314I know I know craftsmen junk boxes.
I put one of those in the driver's side of my 2016. It worked awesome for almost a month before the latch stopped working properly and wouldn't hold it in the "closed" position. I ended up replacing with the Access side storage pockets, which I also regret, but haven't removed them yet. Once my 2020 arrives, I'll be eyeing those molle panels, but if that doesn't pan out will be going back to a similar setup to your craftsman boxes (but since I have both Husky and Ridgid boxes in the garage, will likely pick whichever fits best).

McHenry2500

Reaction score
I really Like the idea of having 1 of these on the passenger side just for small ratchet straps and various odds and ends. I'd be worried about putting too much weight in one though. Maybe concerning for the pivot/hinge.

I looks like it would almost definetly block the in-bed light.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I really Like the idea of having 1 of these on the passenger side just for small ratchet straps and various odds and ends. I'd be worried about putting too much weight in one though. Maybe concerning for the pivot/hinge.

I looks like it would almost definetly block the in-bed light.
Well it mounts on the outer edge and then swings into indent, it wouldn't hit led light but it would definitly block it's shine to some degree. My other issue would be is that it would 100% block my drivers side trailer plug ins. Most importantly you would have to screw at least from what I can tell in pictuers, 8 screws to hold each box hinge and locking bracket. Thats at least 16 holes in all, i just cant do it, i love the functionality and clean lines but I just can't drill all those holes into my truck. I bought about 3 months ago a pair of those curved pieces of metal that enclose that little area behind wheel well to tailgate and our about 5" tall that I was hoping would clean it uo a bit for storage, i also bought the bar that can go across back to hold things against tg or just use as a reach for it tool. But I got them and didn't care for them at all and return shipping cost to much so I just stuffed them in my tool box to sell somewhere. My plan was to paint them black with rhino to match bed liner .20200620_135010.jpg

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
want to start out buy saying, watch yer got dang mouth and don't cus out yer mother fuchsia color Loving in-laws and never tell them about there phat azaleas. ;) I know what your thinking, what the heck is wrong with this guy, inside joke I guess to you all who follow some other threads. :rolleyes:
I do want to ask, my wife likes to listen to some talk radio that I just can't deal with. o_OI thought that that single port plug in was for head phones but it's not, just another aux port. Is there a way to hook up head phones to this $2000 piece of ****ake mushroom fungus of a radio or did they do away with that like my cd player. :eek:

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
want to start out buy saying, watch yer got dang mouth and don't cus out yer mother fuchsia color Loving in-laws and never tell them about there phat azaleas. ;) I know what your thinking, what the heck is wrong with this guy, inside joke I guess to you all who follow some other threads. :rolleyes:
I do want to ask, my wife likes to listen to some talk radio that I just can't deal with. o_OI thought that that single port plug in was for head phones but it's not, just another aux port. Is there a way to hook up head phones to this $2000 piece of ****ake mushroom fungus of a radio or did they do away with that like my cd player. :eek:
:eek: :D:oops:o_O;)

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
So how many times can you say In 1 day that you drove with the rv through area 51, and yes those are my people, death valley NV , and along the way you saw numerous signs posted to watch out for wild donkeys or as there known, jack you no what. Never heard of wild donkeys, what the heck are you supposed to do on a 70mph rd if a dag gum donkey runs out in front of you, that would make a big mess. We did see dozens by the way, luckily just grazing. Also who would ever of thought that traveling on a 2 ln rd ( 1 in each direction) and there was so little traffic that while traveling with the 35' fiver that when we caught somebody I was able to make several passes, that's crazy. What'd even more crazy is at one point I was running 75 in a 70 and a 18 wheeler passed me, ME, the funny part was, it was so desolate that it took him over a mile to pass me clear, we were taking up both lanes, wouldn't of happened if the wife wasnt with me. . It was kind off eerie, like a horror flick, you could see for it seamed like 50 miles, nothing but mountains and dessert and what seamed like mirages from the heat. We just kept saying , don't give out on us now cp4, these desert Nevada people and there wild donkeys, who knows what they do to me. Speaking of donkey, just now while typing this , i just muted the tv because I heard a hee haww hee hawww. Ohhhhhhh what have we done. I having mark contact the local dealer and try to get me hooked up with a
rear step
Dead pedal
Horn won't blow when hit, have to hold down
a/c cuts out when wife is navigating snd texting on uconnect
Well see what happens, m ill let guns know, well be here for a month at least

Last edited:

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Realized my lotto ticket expires on Saturday, can you believe in Nevada they don't sell lotto tickets, thus is the frickin gambling state. So we took a 50 mile drive across death valley into Cali and stopped at a1 salon town. Beautiful scenery, but over 100 degrees before 11am. I swear you can see forever and the rd just disappears into the heat waves. A/c worked great, turned it down to 4.

Last edited:

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
We'll, we have another recall coming In the middle of October and it will affect us ho HD 6.7 guy's, possible engine fire. Luckily it's just a flash of software at the dealership once it comes out, bad news is, thousands have already caught fire. Hears the link. Oil lubrication on start up. Any comments

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
We'll, we have another recall coming In the middle of October and it will affect us ho HD 6.7 guy's, possible engine fire. Luckily it's just a flash of software at the dealership once it comes out, bad news is, thousands have already caught fire. Hears the link. Oil lubrication on start up. Any comments

Please read before posting.

This is the sameW57 recall discussed here: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...his-is-chassis-cab-so-trucks-recall-w57.2621/ and only affects C&C trucks.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Please read before posting.

This is the sameW57 recall discussed here: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...his-is-chassis-cab-so-trucks-recall-w57.2621/ and only affects C&C trucks.
Thx for suggesting me read they article before posting. I did, being dyslexic, it looked different than that recall and I didn't read it 10 x over and again, but thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction, that's what we keep you around for, :) , keeping things running smooth.:cool: I'm also flattered that you follow my thread;) .

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thx for suggesting me read they article before posting. I did, being dyslexic, it looked different than that recall and I didn't read it 10 x over and again, but thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction, that's what we keep you around for, :) , keeping things running smooth.:cool: I'm also flattered that you follow my thread;) .

Lots of stuff catches my eye in What's New or New Posts.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Want to give a shout out to @Cummins3 . You've obviously done your research . There are several products out there that I've read about for months now, but this banks pedal monster has got to be the best and imop no more cost than the rest, wich really suprised me. I love the fact that it leaves no foot print on the ecm so ill never have to worry about warranty issues. I also love that it also plugs into obdll for the safety features and the fact that its getting a continuous 12v. If your considering one of these because fca thinks they have to give us a dead pedal on a 85k vehicle, research the banks brand, it won't be a waste of your time. Already a great price with free shipping included but you all know me and I'll be looking for a coupon code. Cant wait to hopefully try it out eventually.
Screenshot_20200927-192452.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread