Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
I get to play finally.. no picture of all these things together yet.

18x9 Method NV 305 HD, 35" Cooper STT Pro's.

Bedlined the bumper with Raptor Liner (tradesman bumper), sprayed with HVLP gun... nice fine texture.

Added fogs, nothing fancy.. amazon special. Work well enough for my application.

Not pictured is a 22" lightbar tucked between the bumper and the grill, looks like it was made to fit there.

Turned out amazing!! Really loving those fog lights. Good choice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lowfidelity

Reaction score
The angle is 3”x3”x1/4”. I laid out three locations where the tabs for the factory plastic were not. One towards the front, one towards the rear and one closer towards mid point yet rearward because the box is bolted too providing another attachment point.
So once laid out, I drilled holes in the angle. Placed the angle on the rails and marked the bed rails. Removed the angles and used 1/2 sleeve anchor minus the sleeve. Basically a threaded rod now with a shank. Install the threaded rod portion flush with top of angle and welded it up and grind it down.
With a little body work you can’t see any signs from the top.
I do this often with our work trucks because we add ladder racks and this is a solid mount. I’ve also done this adding a tie in angle between the two bed angles at the front. I then had a place to weld a headache rack to that was solid. That was a bit of a chore as it was a fit, tack up, remove, weld up, grind, install to verify then take the unit to the painter. Awkward to handle but looks good and stout as hell.
That's really nice! I wish someone sold steel or aluminum rail cap alternative but with materials and shipping costs, I doubt anything would be worth the cost.

Great Pumpkin

Reaction score
Picked the truck up today. Husky liners, screen protector, smoked plate covers and WeatherTech No Drill splash guards installed. Gator tonneau, Vent shades and hopefully some tint next.
118635f54af2a7ddbc9d54e6c7e4f029.jpg
16bfec9151179a2fbd4de5962eebfe5f.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Hey now. I was thinking about the Husky liners, I had the weathertech before and found they weren’t as flexible as I’d hoped. How are you liking them?

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Hey now. I was thinking about the Husky liners, I had the weathertech before and found they weren’t as flexible as I’d hoped. How are you liking them?

The Husky's are great. Just as good if not better than the Weathertech's and usually a little cheaper.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Having had both, the huskyliner xact contour mats are far superior to weather tech. I purchased weather tech first and they are a harder plastic that curls over time. Husky uses a softer, more flexible material. The weather techs also slid around on the vinyl floor. Husky designed theirs to work on both carpet and vinyl.

whitexc

Reaction score

They are excellent. I have to agree with McHenry and others that they are better than WeatherTech liners. The fit is great and they are soft.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I like my Weather Techs, but they were free. I was expecting free Mopar mats but..... I had Husky mats in my Jeep for a couple of hours and they were horrible. They didn't fit and were way too plastic so I went back to Weather Tech as I had in my 2007 Ram. I am glad to hear the Huskyliners have gotten better. I wouldn't mind having a softer mat. If these wear out I will take a look at the Husky.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I like my Weather Techs, but they were free. I was expecting free Mopar mats but..... I had Husky mats in my Jeep for a couple of hours and they were horrible. They didn't fit and were way too plastic so I went back to Weather Tech as I had in my 2007 Ram. I am glad to hear the Huskyliners have gotten better. I wouldn't mind having a softer mat. If these wear out I will take a look at the Husky.
Huge difference between regular Husky Liners and the Xact contour mats. I've had them all including a set of Weathertech in my 04 and the Xact liners are great.

FWIW, there's a set for sale in the buy/sell/trade forum.

Last edited:

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
First off I am not bashing the company. They’re great and I’m sure we will figure it out. This is just for beam pattern comparison. I’m supposed to have w/c or wide cornering

Here are the two lenses. They look the same. I don’t think I have one Installed Improperly but it could be my fault. It does not look like I have two different lenses, either.

anyway. One looks like a floodlight and the other one has a sharp cut off. They’re both the same distance from the garage door. I am not sure which one is correct but I’m sure we will get to the bottom of it and it will be resolved.

they actually compliment each other pretty well as far as light throw but I’m too anal to have two different patterns haha
View attachment 15162View attachment 15165
View attachment 15164View attachment 15163
Update for those that care:

it was my fault! I let a reflector slip slightly out of place when I flipped the bezels and lenses over. BD tech support was very helpful with pics and communication but it was not a flaw with their product at all.
Perfect pattern now.
A28F5544-EDC0-4658-A51D-1E6FED540B89.jpegBFBD80E1-0AEA-414F-9CE0-84CDDBEDCB22.jpegBA6F84F1-911B-4B55-BD28-DD72FB812AB8.jpeg12C75454-E7EB-497B-AC22-33C48871B189.jpeg

Power247

Reaction score
Update for those that care:

it was my fault! I let a reflector slip slightly out of place when I flipped the bezels and lenses over. BD tech support was very helpful with pics and communication but it was not a flaw with their product at all.
Perfect pattern now.
View attachment 15540View attachment 15541View attachment 15542View attachment 15543
Hey, it happens, at least it was an easy fix. I'm really on the fence about getting these. While I'm impressed with the all other aspects of the factory longhorn lighting package, the reverse lights are severely lacking.

Greg
2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

THC1

Reaction score

I also had weather tech before and went with Husky this time. So far I love them! I also went with Husky mud flaps and those are great too....stupid easy install and fit perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread