Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

abillerbeck

Reaction score
nice. we have the same exact truck. any tweaks/mods to get those size tires in?
Great minds think alike...

Nope they clear everything just fine! I've heard some people have had some rubbing on the radius arms at full lock with stock wheels and 35x12.5 tires so that's why I went with the 285/75 (35x11.5).

flgboy

Reaction score
Great minds think alike...

Nope they clear everything just fine! I've heard some people have had some rubbing on the radius arms at full lock with stock wheels and 35x12.5 tires so that's why I went with the 285/75 (35x11.5).
I've got really tight manoeuvering when parking my trailer, so can't afford any loss of turn radius, thanks for that info and would have been my next question.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
I lucked into renting a house with an attached 3 car garage and a 40'x40' shop in the backyard... don't think I'll ever be able to move...

I'll extend the same offer to anyone in the CO area that wants to use the shop/lift... sometimes it's 110 degrees outside and sometimes it's -20, but it's always at least 50 in the shop.

View attachment 11872
Nice shop, nicer offer!!

flgboy

Reaction score
Airbags! Airlift 5000. No compressor at the moment, so fills are on the license plate.

An instant gratification project. 3 hours, but in no rush. Hardest part was figuring out how to drop the spare tire a few inches and which bits of the jack I needed to do it. Plenty of room to work without jacking up except had to briefly jack up frame 2" to slip in the passenger airbag.

Attachments

• 20210212_132002.jpg
    20210212_132002.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 20210212_144925.jpg
    20210212_144925.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 102
  • 20210212_161237.jpg
    20210212_161237.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Airbags! Airlift 5000. No compressor at the moment, so fills are on the license plate.

An instant gratification project. 3 hours, but in no rush. Hardest part was figuring out how to drop the spare tire a few inches and which bits of the jack I needed to do it. Plenty of room to work without jacking up except hat to jack up from 2" to fit in the passenger airbag.
I usually put a T on the lines so they can be filled off one air valve and be balanced

flgboy

Reaction score
I usually put a T on the lines so they can be filled off one air valve and be balanced
Yep. That's another way to do it. I wanted separate and I had no tee, so the plan came together nicely. Usually I seem to be missing a critical part.

RichM752

Reaction score
Bought the same Airlift bags last week for that I thought was a good price ($377).
Yesterday I see the exact same set brand new for $200 on Craiglist.
The luck of the Irish.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score

If you put in a T, won't that unbalance the bags as the air will be pushed between bags during compression/expansion?
Seems to be you would want each bags independent of the other.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
If you put in a T, won't that unbalance the bags as the air will be pushed between bags during compression/expansion?
Seems to be you would want each bags independent of the other.
The only time you could see an issue is if your only loading up one side of the truck but even doing that i have never had an issue nor has any of the dozens of vehicles i have setup that way... its a 1/4” line so as far as roll and stability around corners the air transfer is very minimal

Last edited:

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
The only time you could see an issue is if your only loading up one side of the truck but even doing that i have never had an issue nor has any of the dozens of vehicles i have setup that way... its a 1/4” line so as far as roll and stability around corners the air transfer is very minimal

Thanks for the info...

Hogfan

Reaction score
Anyone try the Xpel paint protection film on their trucks? I'm about to take delivery on a 3500 limited drw and have been contemplating a protective film on the front end and maybe the dually fenders. The truck is black and I definitely would like to protect the finish as much as possible.

Mykwong

Reaction score
Anyone try the Xpel paint protection film on their trucks? I'm about to take delivery on a 3500 limited drw and have been contemplating a protective film on the front end and maybe the dually fenders. The truck is black and I definitely would like to protect the finish as much as possible.
Hey Hogfan. I have had my last three vehicles done. Hood, Fenders, bumpers if painted and rockers up to the belt line. My last truck I didn't have them do the bed sides on a SRW. That was a mistake. Front wheels like to throw stuff along the sides. the SRW had a slight bulge in the fenders, so I was starting to get chips along the sides. DRW fenders will be worse. More expensive, but it's only money, right! Good luck and enjoy!

Hogfan

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. About how much did it cost? I forgot to mention the bumper in my op. I figured around $1000 but worth it to me to save my paint and help resale when that time comes.
Hey Hogfan. I have had my last three vehicles done. Hood, Fenders, bumpers if painted and rockers up to the belt line. My last truck I didn't have them do the bed sides on a SRW. That was a mistake. Front wheels like to throw stuff along the sides. the SRW had a slight bulge in the fenders, so I was starting to get chips along the sides. DRW fenders will be worse. More expensive, but it's only money, right! Good luck and enjoy!

Mykwong

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. About how much did it cost? I forgot to mention the bumper in my op. I figured around $1000 but worth it to me to save my paint and help resale when that time comes.
No worries! Hard to compare as I opted to have all of the leading edges done, full hood and both front fenders. Both bumpers (they were painted), all of the door jams, both headlights and foglights. Door handle cups. Easily $3K. I live in a smaller town and they priced it as such. But they did a great job on my cars and trucks.

Cummins3

Reaction score
I paid around the same I did whole front and whole sides up to the body line..... Be are who u go to my guy messed everything up I'm not happy at the job he did he also cut into the paint almost everywhere... Thought he was the best around turned out he was a hack

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
Yes the trigger will be exposed. No- hell no- there is not one in the chamber. I am much smarter and more responsible than an idiotic moronic imbecile that would have one chambered. Thanks for your concern.
I don't get it....Your mounting location i mean. Thats where my Knee goes.

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
Apologies! Off-topic! :)
Tell me about it. Bought our first trailer a few months ago used for about 25K. Bought some small accessories along the way....Then one big one to the tune of 85K...lol which is why i'm here.

Users who are viewing this thread