Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Scooter29

Reaction score
AT first I was going to splice into the wire to the usb at the rear of the consol so it would only charge when the truck is on. It only required a 2 or 5 amp fuse I think. What I discovered by reading the instructions is the smart charger can damage the batteries if wired that way. My understanding is it causes the fast charge to cycle back on at a higher rate every time you turn the ignition on. Wired direct to an unswitched power source it allows once the battery is fully charged for the charger to drop down to a .1 pulsed charge to maintain the battery and stay there until used. So ran a wire from the aux battery dedicated to it since I was running wires on the same path for an ARB compressor anyway. But I don't know how much of that recommendation is really needed as it could just be for liability in case someone claimed a battery exploded or caused a fire.
I’m sure warranty/liability reasons but nevertheless it’s good info, thanks.

southern_yank

Reaction score
Took a trip with her today. Finally able to get some decent highway miles on her to clear the dpf.

Also found out that there is nowhere in downtown lincoln,ne to park something of this size overnight. Hotel valet was actually laughing a bit when I pulled back around after circling 9 city blocks, twice. Lol. They were nice and took care of it for me. Not a fan of valet, but no other choice.
95e0c2515055ccdc223d059efed99789.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Seems like you should be able to do that with the ignition on, engine off, and hooked to a battery charger.
Yea, probably could have done that too. But all I have is a little trickle charger.
Didn't take 90 min. Maybe 20 min for each load.
The directions to their website didn't work. Found the site and went to activate but it didn't accept it. Wound up I had to type in the email rather than auto fill.
It's all done. Will see how it works.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Hooks re-installed. Recommend removing and not masking if you paint them. Only 2 bolts and they slide out of frame rail. View attachment 61463
I've had my original black "front tow hooks" sitting on a shelf for a few years now waiting for someone to make some actual hooks to replace them with. Your pictures may have just convinced me to paint them red and re-install. Looks good!

arx237

Reaction score
Scored a new in the box set of Amp steps for a smokin good deal on facemarket from a really nice dude.

Installed today and other than the finicky pinchweld clearance it was not bad at all. I really like visually how they tuck up in there.

20230822_175440.jpg

CFE

Reaction score
Scored a new in the box set of Amp steps for a smokin good deal on facemarket from a really nice dude.

Installed today and other than the finicky pinchweld clearance it was not bad at all. I really like visually how they tuck up in there.

View attachment 61495

Love mine - second favorite upgrade, just behind the pedal monster.

buzzuti

Reaction score
Had the hubs painted and powder coated the 19.5” wheels.
Centramaics also being installed on my 5500 84” CA.

Little by little, a couple weeks out from all the initial upfitting being completed.

IMG_3254.jpeg
IMG_3257.jpeg
IMG_3253.jpeg
My truck is in the back corner up on blocks.

IMG_3255.jpeg
IMG_3256.jpeg

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Had the hubs painted and powder coated the 19.5” wheels.
Centramaics also being installed on my 5500 84” CA.

Little by little, a couple weeks out from all the initial upfitting being completed.

View attachment 61600
View attachment 61601
View attachment 61602
My truck is in the back corner up on blocks.

View attachment 61603
View attachment 61604

I ran Centramatics on my 05 for a brief period, they work very well. I only pulled them because the local tire shop wouldn’t rotate, or install, tires because they considered them spacers. I tried to convince them otherwise, and gave up. I was running 125lb/ea 19.5’s at the time and didn’t feel like doing all my own tire rotations since it was part of the installed price :rolleyes:

I do still use a set on my 5th wheel, they have made a big difference in small things staying put while traveling.

buzzuti

Reaction score
I ran Centramatics on my 05 for a brief period, they work very well. I only pulled them because the local tire shop wouldn’t rotate, or install, tires because they considered them spacers. I tried to convince them otherwise, and gave up. I was running 125lb/ea 19.5’s at the time and didn’t feel like doing all my own tire rotations since it was part of the installed price :rolleyes:

I do still use a set on my 5th wheel, they have made a big difference in small things staying put while traveling.
I have heard that before, I am thankful for the confirmation there.

For me, with the powder coating there are 2 issues the Centramatics should address;

- No balancing weights to jack up/ scratch the coating, no jacking the swanky up, lol
- Address any areas which may cause the wheel to be more unbalanced with the additional coating, can't really guarantee "perfect evenness"

Pretty much stuck with going to Mom & Pop's (which isn't a bad thing imo) or "big truck" shops for services now.
I am accepting that is par for the course at the 5500 level.
Granted I am a sucker for American Tire, though I know of may folks who had had a crap experiences I have been lucky and my local one has been fantastic for 10 years solid for me.

Odd thing is that the 19.5"s will actually be a stop gap before going to 20" wheels and 40" GY G275s... Probably a year out on that.
Wife had to have black wheels... :D

Anyone interested in a Solid upfitter/ machinist => Reiselt's Machine Works, Deleware, OH https://www.facebook.com/truckbedman/

flan

Reaction score
I have heard that before, I am thankful for the confirmation there.

For me, with the powder coating there are 2 issues the Centramatics should address;

- No balancing weights to jack up/ scratch the coating, no jacking the swanky up, lol
- Address any areas which may cause the wheel to be more unbalanced with the additional coating, can't really guarantee "perfect evenness"

Pretty much stuck with going to Mom & Pop's (which isn't a bad thing imo) or "big truck" shops for services now.
I am accepting that is par for the course at the 5500 level.
Granted I am a sucker for American Tire, though I know of may folks who had had a crap experiences I have been lucky and my local one has been fantastic for 10 years solid for me.

Odd thing is that the 19.5"s will actually be a stop gap before going to 20" wheels and 40" GY G275s... Probably a year out on that.
Wife had to have black wheels... :D

Anyone interested in a Solid upfitter/ machinist => Reiselt's Machine Works, Deleware, OH https://www.facebook.com/truckbedman/
For whatever reason I follow them on FB. They seem like a awesome shop!

Users who are viewing this thread