Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Got the truck back from my mechanic getting a whole laundry list of Thuren/Carli parts installed that I didn't want to fool with myself. Still need to go get a proper alignment to Thuren specs, but man the difference in ride is noticeable on the short 9 mile drive back from his shop. She just floats down the road and pot holes, dips, road works, etc are just so much better. I cannot wait to see how the fatigue improves when I have those 500-600 mile days of work travel within the state going through construction zones and poorly maintained county roads. I had done alot of back and forth between going all Carli 3.25 or all Thuren with their soft rear springs, but I really like how the mix and match came out. Those R2 springs seem to handle weight well in our quick testing unlike the soft Thuren springs, yet they still ride a whole lot softer than the stock springs. I still have a bit of rake going with the 2.75 fronts instead of Carli 3.25s which is what I wanted for towing/camping/using the truck as a truck. Also the mix match in the valving of the shocks - Thuren Front/Carli Rear seems to be perfectly fine and I didn't notice anything "off" in our quick testing in his back dirt lot or the short drive to the house through a variety of road conditions.

Pictures at my in-town house with a standard 7' garage door for scale.

Short list of what was installed :
  • Thuren 2.75 Front Springs w/ PW Isolators
  • Thuren Fox 2.0 w/ Resi Fronts w/Carli Resi Mounts to give it that smidge of extra lift
  • Thuren Front Trackbar
  • MetalCloak 2 Piece Radius Arms - Similar to the PW setup, but alot beefier; allowed us to push the axle forward a smidge so no trimming was needed for the minor rubbing I did get with my fat toyos. I did not get the lock-n-load arm, but rather two solid upper arms.
  • Front Sumo Springs - Black
  • Carli R2 Rear Springs
  • Carli Fox 2.0 Backcountry (Resi) Rear Shocks w/ CJC Shock Guards
  • Thuren Parking Brakeline Brackets
  • Rear Sumo Springs - Black (I might swap these to blue when running empty, but I wanted to test them out before I do to see if it's really needed)
  • Thuren Trackbar w/Bracket
  • Thuren Sway Bar links

Stuff I already had :
  • Thuren Front Swaybar
  • Synergy Box Brace
  • Fox ATS Steering Stabilizer
truck-1.jpegtruck-3.jpegtruck-4.jpegtruck-2.jpeg

ColderWeather86

Reaction score
Palmer, Alaska. Formerly Prescott, Arizona.
Dropped it off at the dealer for a few issues. First is for the Infotainment constantly disconnecting or not even connecting to my phone at all. Which they will say they cannot duplicate.
2nd is the driver side plastic bed cap coming off. It was glued on, the plastic clips were broken from the factory.
3rd is the rubber seal between the bed and cab is missing on the driver side, and the wire in the seal on the passenger side is rusting and pissing rust streaks down my paint.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Got the truck back from my mechanic getting a whole laundry list of Thuren/Carli parts installed that I didn't want to fool with myself. Still need to go get a proper alignment to Thuren specs, but man the difference in ride is noticeable on the short 9 mile drive back from his shop. She just floats down the road and pot holes, dips, road works, etc are just so much better. I cannot wait to see how the fatigue improves when I have those 500-600 mile days of work travel within the state going through construction zones and poorly maintained county roads. I had done alot of back and forth between going all Carli 3.25 or all Thuren with their soft rear springs, but I really like how the mix and match came out. Those R2 springs seem to handle weight well in our quick testing unlike the soft Thuren springs, yet they still ride a whole lot softer than the stock springs. I still have a bit of rake going with the 2.75 fronts instead of Carli 3.25s which is what I wanted for towing/camping/using the truck as a truck. Also the mix match in the valving of the shocks - Thuren Front/Carli Rear seems to be perfectly fine and I didn't notice anything "off" in our quick testing in his back dirt lot or the short drive to the house through a variety of road conditions.

Pictures at my in-town house with a standard 7' garage door for scale.

Short list of what was installed :
  • Thuren 2.75 Front Springs w/ PW Isolators
  • Thuren Fox 2.0 w/ Resi Fronts w/Carli Resi Mounts to give it that smidge of extra lift
  • Thuren Front Trackbar
  • MetalCloak 2 Piece Radius Arms - Similar to the PW setup, but alot beefier; allowed us to push the axle forward a smidge so no trimming was needed for the minor rubbing I did get with my fat toyos. I did not get the lock-n-load arm, but rather two solid upper arms.
  • Front Sumo Springs - Black
  • Carli R2 Rear Springs
  • Carli Fox 2.0 Backcountry (Resi) Rear Shocks w/ CJC Shock Guards
  • Thuren Parking Brakeline Brackets
  • Rear Sumo Springs - Black (I might swap these to blue when running empty, but I wanted to test them out before I do to see if it's really needed)
  • Thuren Trackbar w/Bracket
  • Thuren Sway Bar links

Stuff I already had :
  • Thuren Front Swaybar
  • Synergy Box Brace
  • Fox ATS Steering Stabilizer
View attachment 59791View attachment 59792View attachment 59793View attachment 59794
Looks Awesome great setup. I really want to get those arms for the fact that I can push the axle forward a little. I would have to paint them black, though.

In that second pic I would double check the clearance on that resi hose. I don’t like that angle from here. Could just be the pic. I’ve snatched a resi hose out with a tire before.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Looks Awesome great setup. I really want to get those arms for the fact that I can push the axle forward a little. I would have to paint them black, though.

In that second pic I would double check the clearance on that resi hose. I don’t like that angle from here. Could just be the pic. I’ve snatched a resi hose out with a tire before.
Yea the picture is an odd angle, but I do want to rotate the shock body on that side a bit to make that angle better. Easy enough to do compared to all the work they did getting angles right as well as the minor bits of fabrication they had to do in the rear to make everything fit right. I'm not sure how long those Fox's will be on the truck since the Thuren King 3.0's keep calling my name - those would be sweet with stage 2 valving, but the price is what gets me there.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Got her all aligned, adjusted the resi hose routing, and tested her out on some speed bumps/gravel roads. This setup just soaks up speedbumps at 35-40, you can really tell the front axle is allowed to move flex alot more than stock, and it rides down the highway like a caddy or as much one can expect from a 2500. All in all super happy with it and the only future upgrades will likely be king's once these fox 2.0s need a rebuild or I get the itch for the big boy shocks.

Really notice the difference hitting things off angle or pulling into gravel service drives off the street going over the curb. I'll get some time on some back gravel roads and less than well maintained county roads next week after I get back from a quick trip to put it though more of my normal use to really get a feel for her now. It'll also take a little getting used to with the new radius arms as the front really can flex around a lot more than before. I'd say its somewhere between the PW's I've driven and a solid jeep setup for wheeling. I'm also happy to say I don't feel the need to change the black sumos out for blue sumos driving it around empty so far. I'll know for sure with more playing around in the gravel and hitting some of the rural RR crossings out by the property, but so far so good for empty ride quality. Upfront the sumos are awesome and really serve the purpose of a progressive bump without being overly harsh - if it was a Hemi I'd probably have gone with the blues, but the heavy cummins seems to overcome any reservations I might've had about them being too stiff.

scrmblr2

Reaction score
No pics but did my first fill of the def fluid….used about 2 gallons in under 1000 miles. Not sure if that is good or bad yet.

Also filled diesel tank & washed the truck for a few hour road trip we are taking tomorrow.

Since this is my first dually…..been hard deciding to take it to a local “wash it yourself” place or just do it in the driveway. Damn thing is so tall…..roof only gets sprayed off as I am too lazy to clean the roof and since it sits outside there is not much benefit to getting out a ladder to wash a panel I will almost never see.

Vdrsnk

Reaction score
No pics but did my first fill of the def fluid….used about 2 gallons in under 1000 miles. Not sure if that is good or bad yet.

Also filled diesel tank & washed the truck for a few hour road trip we are taking tomorrow.

Since this is my first dually…..been hard deciding to take it to a local “wash it yourself” place or just do it in the driveway. Damn thing is so tall…..roof only gets sprayed off as I am too lazy to clean the roof and since it sits outside there is not much benefit to getting out a ladder to wash a panel I will almost never see.

Depends on what you did in those 1000 miles. I get roughly 5k miles per tank of def (5 gallons) if I am not towing anything.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
What year is the truck?

My ‘18 would get ~500mpg towing and ~1000mpg empty.

The ‘22 gets ~350 mpg towing and ~700mpg empty.

If you aren’t filling it at a DEF pump each time it’s not as accurate to track mileage.

Depends on what you did in those 1000 miles. I get roughly 5k miles per tank of def (5 gallons) if I am not towing anything.

Is that on your ‘18 or your ‘22?

My ‘18 would do that, but the ‘22 won’t come close. The 19+ trucks use a lot more DEF than the 13-18 trucks.

Last edited:

Vdrsnk

Reaction score
What year is the truck?

My ‘18 would get ~500mpg towing and ~1000mpg empty.

The ‘22 gets ~350 mpg towing and ~700mpg empty.

If you aren’t filling it at a DEF pump each time it’s not as accurate to track mileage.

Is that on your ‘18 or your ‘22?

My ‘18 would do that, but the ‘22 won’t come close. The 19+ trucks use a lot more DEF than the 13-18 trucks.
My 18 doesn’t use def lol.

This is on my 22.

762fmj

Reaction score
Dropped it off at the dealer for a few issues. First is for the Infotainment constantly disconnecting or not even connecting to my phone at all. Which they will say they cannot duplicate.
2nd is the driver side plastic bed cap coming off. It was glued on, the plastic clips were broken from the factory.
3rd is the rubber seal between the bed and cab is missing on the driver side, and the wire in the seal on the passenger side is rusting and pissing rust streaks down my paint.
Good luck, I just went through issues with phone connectivity. They won't actually test any parts, they just want to check codes then try with their phone. I wound up needing a new Uconnect box and it took 4 visits to get sorted out. No loaner for any of the first 3 cus no repair being performed and Stellantis doesn't cover diag time.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Swapped out my Gen1 SAE squadrons for the new Gen2 SAE squadrons

Snapped some comparison pics. Old on left. New on right. New ones definitely have more output.

I’ll be sending the old ones back for retrofitting.

View attachment 59970View attachment 59971View attachment 59972View attachment 59973
Headlights w Baja gen2 fogs VS just baja gen2 fogs

My headlights are halogen housings with morimoto LEDs. I forget what model but they’re they expensive ones that match the halogen beam pattern and don’t blind people

Also note my driveway is angled and not level.

IMG_2749.jpegIMG_2748.jpeg

Wheelz

Reaction score
Nice! I didnt think they can retrofit the old style. Guess I'll be sending mine in also. Was there a special link on their webiste? *Just found it...the SAE's models dont fall under "UService" upgrades.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread