Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

engweld22

Reaction score
Ahh. That makes. We tested quite a few for clearance. However, we've learned that the Ram chassis and hanger mounts can vary as much as .25" from truck to truck. I'll let the engineers know that yours is making contact with the shroud. Regarding the Ram-Air intake, we have a few 2022/23 RAM owners data logging for us in order to capture and rectify the EGR excessive flow code. Looking at the numbers of intakes sold vs those getting the code, less than 3% of RAMs exhibit the issue. Although I anticipate solving the issue, I cannot say how fast it will happen. I'd be happy to issue a refund if you like. Please email your contact info to me at jtilles at bankspower dot com.
As a previous production welder, millwright and now Mechanical Engineer myself, I understand not everything can be perfect and with production being what it is, nothing ever comes out the exact same no matter how hard you try to make it, or mitigate issues that can arise. So a little tweaking here and there comes with the aftermarket territory.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
A bit a modified idea from @whitexc regarding the Furrion Camera, he tucked his wires into the sunglass holder.

I will say these clips on either side of the mirror pod are on there *good*.
Once that was loose, it was marginally easier to removed the center trim piece, but it still involved a significant amount of cursing.

1683750693427.png 1683750718352.png

Then came the Donger adaptor and a USB to 12V adaptor.
The 12V plug on the dash is normally occupied with the power to the Garmin... and while I could run another USB cable down, it starts to get cluttered.

1683750847099.png

I used some electrical tape to make sure the two 12V plugs stay connected, rolled up/zip tied the excess wire and laid it flat along the passenger side of the mirror pod.
There is *just* enough room for it to lay flat between the two clips.. I was originally going to just lay it at the bottom of the pod, but I thought it would get in the way of the black box/senor looking thing.
I did a quick test drive and no warning bells... center trim is currently not attached, I will be using the camper this weekend so if the test run/drive works, then I'll button it all back up.

1683751027680.png

Last edited:

Wheelz

Reaction score
Just got a Herrin Flatbed installed. Now I'm driving back to the Westcoast. If anyone knows of a place in Texas that installs Auxiliary tanks, please let me know. I'll be heading west on the 30, 20 and then to the 10. MIght as well get one while Im out here.
flatbed-3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread