Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

soaped22

Reaction score
I finished adding in a rear dashcam I had sitting around after upgrading my fronts. Not sure yet if I'm going to add a LiFePO4 battery but I did some prep work under the seat just in case.
These are hooked up to switched power so I don't have them running when the truck is off.

The arms and lower clamp are from 67d (these are a new style with teeth that seem to clamp down real nice).
If anyone is looking for wire clips like below for other projects, Rode BPCLIPS fit these style of arms perfectly. As a bonus they are rubberized.

IMG_0193.jpg

Linked4door

Reaction score
I finished adding in a rear dashcam I had sitting around after upgrading my fronts. Not sure yet if I'm going to add a LiFePO4 battery but I did some prep work under the seat just in case.
These are hooked up to switched power so I don't have them running when the truck is off.

The arms and lower clamp are from 67d (these are a new style with teeth that seem to clamp down real nice).
If anyone is looking for wire clips like below for other projects, Rode BPCLIPS fit these style of arms perfectly. As a bonus they are rubberized.

View attachment 55085
Happen to have a part# or link for the clamp & arm? Love that idea for mounting the rear camera, much simpler than what I had planned

soaped22

Reaction score
Happen to have a part# or link for the clamp & arm? Love that idea for mounting the rear camera, much simpler than what I had planned
The arms are from their Pro series (which have extra teeth for grip). The exact part is Medium + Elbow + Nano - https://www.67d.com/products/pro-series-arms-jointed-arm-packs
The headrest clamp is this one - https://www.67d.com/collections/bases/products/cf-carbon-fiber-series-small-bar-clamp-mount
If you use a Blackvue dashcam, a 1.25" Tackform bar mount will fit.

There is a harness under the rear driver side passenger seat that has switched power (thanks Jimmy07, pink/brown wire or pink/purple wire), and the rear USB if equipped has switched power as well.

Another thing you can do is mount a plate w/ a 20mm ball on pretty much any dashcam and attach them to these arms.

Alligator John

Reaction score

View attachment 55085
Dash cams are completely over my head. I know nothing about them or the pros and cons. Any problem with a visible dash cam in the window becoming a smash and grab theft target? Or will they more likely repel thieves thinking they are recording motion 24/7 like a ring camera? TIA

soaped22

Reaction score
Dash cams are completely over my head. I know nothing about them or the pros and cons. Any problem with a visible dash cam in the window becoming a smash and grab theft target? Or will they more likely repel thieves thinking they are recording motion 24/7 like a ring camera? TIA

I've never heard of anyone stealing a dashcam for the sole purpose of stealing a dashcam. I've heard of people stealing GoPros that were mounted though.
The dashcams are there to record while you drive. I started putting them in my vehicles after too many close calls. Its caught footage of other accidents which otherwise would have been hard to prove for the innocent party. Call me a pessimist but many in our current society feel like laws apply differently to themselves. You'll have a factual record on hand in case you need it.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Just finished a 2100 mile road trip in my '21 PW on 35s.
Started in Ventura, CA, over to Phoenix, AZ to pick up the wife, up to Vegas for a couple of days, up to Reno to check on the new house and get Nevada tags for the PW, then down the 95 to the 6 to Bishop, CA, and today back home. Got 16.3 MPG as per the lie O Meter. Best I've ever seen since I bought the truck. 34K miles on her now.

Riddick

Reaction score
Browsing FB Marketplace and came across this. Dealer installed option on someone's truck and they did not want it, only 4 months old. Have not heard to much about this brand since Backflip seems to be the most popular. However, fitment is good and appears to be good quality. This is made by Undercover and is the ultra flex model.

Attachments

• IMG_20230415_170447472.jpg
    IMG_20230415_170447472.jpg
    707.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20230415_170441208.jpg
    IMG_20230415_170441208.jpg
    645.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20230415_170502726.jpg
    IMG_20230415_170502726.jpg
    721.6 KB · Views: 73

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Browsing FB Marketplace and came across this. Dealer installed option on someone's truck and they did not want it, only 4 months old. Have not heard to much about this brand since Backflip seems to be the most popular. However, fitment is good and appears to be good quality. This is made by Undercover and is the ultra flex model.

My son has that same model on his Gladiator and loves it. After he installed it he set a garden hose on full blast for 10 minutes on top and no water leaked into his bed. I may get one for my truck.

unclelala

Reaction score
BakFlip on my 2003 leaked like a sieve.
I have the MX4 which you have to make sure when closing the doors the rubber seals are not folded under themselves on the edges.
If you get it right it doesn't leak too bad but if you don't and drive on a rainy day it WILL leak like sieve

CdnHO

Reaction score
I had issues with the OEM connector. Installed a more robust connector on my Trailer TPMS extension. The factory type are too fragile and not meant to be disconnected on a regular basis. Installed this waterproof four pin connector I found on Amazon. Besides I was bored and looking for something to do.

Attachments

• IMG_2113.jpeg
    IMG_2113.jpeg
    742.9 KB · Views: 83

Smittys2500RAM

Reaction score
I've never heard of anyone stealing a dashcam for the sole purpose of stealing a dashcam. I've heard of people stealing GoPros that were mounted though.
The dashcams are there to record while you drive. I started putting them in my vehicles after too many close calls. Its caught footage of other accidents which otherwise would have been hard to prove for the innocent party. Call me a pessimist but many in our current society feel like laws apply differently to themselves. You'll have a factual record on hand in case you need it.
I wish RAM could allow access to the surround cameras for this purpose like Tesla (Sentry mode) does. Would be no brainer, step ahead of the rest of the truck in my opinion...

Zoozram

Reaction score
Besides the smell, should be ok, it's chemical and spill resistant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From 350 to 2500

Reaction score
This is my favorite thread on all the other forums I’m part of it. I haven’t seen it on this sight. If I’m duplicating, I’ll delete! But here is what I did today.
I put on Diesel Fuel and DEF caps and called about Ranch Hand replacement bumper I’m ordering.View attachment 4679View attachment 4681
Gave her a bath and shined the the rubber

Attachments

• 1758185C-ADE1-4C3E-8BC8-B619D1D7C569.jpeg
    1758185C-ADE1-4C3E-8BC8-B619D1D7C569.jpeg
    431.6 KB · Views: 66

Users who are viewing this thread