Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

44Dan44

Reaction score
Seeing to the right is overrated.
Lol, that's why they told us Left/Right/Left again when crossing the street as kids so there is precedent for your statement. :D If right was so important they would have doubled it up too.

Can I ask you... what size screens are all 3 of the devices you have mounted in the photo? and probably harder, a pic from behind the back showing all the mountings with devices in place.

flan

Reaction score
Replaced the front set of rock lights today and discovered a couple things (last 2 photos)... a camera plug on the passenger front and a long lost wrench in the bottom of the driver side fender.

What is that camera plug for? Front facing grill camera? Would I already the camera module if that us there?
View attachment 54805
View attachment 54806
View attachment 54807
View attachment 54808
It’s been in there so long your long lost 10mm has grown to be 13 :p

How long have you had your bilstiens? Is that surface rust?

Smittys2500RAM

Reaction score
I keep my dash on the fuel economy screen. I can always tell when Regen occurs because my fuel mileage goes to crap. I flip screens and it will say Regen in process.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
YES Sooooo true!!!
Version 3 of my custom dash rattle eliminator shims and it still rattles

View attachment 54848

Edit: I think I’ve dialed it in to acceptable levels
OMG!!!! I have a little one starting at 14k miles. I do have the BulletPoint mounting set and wonder if thats a culprit.....

NHOverland

Reaction score
It’s been in there so long your long lost 10mm has grown to be 13 :p

How long have you had your bilstiens? Is that surface rust?
The Bilstein's are about 2-1/2 years old, they are steel body with clear coat and the coating is wearing off. I plan to pull them off, sand them down, and paint them gloss black with some custom stickers.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Dude it’s WAY better now trust me
On my last 4th gen I went apeshit with tessa tape on every single interior clip, the soft fuzzy stuff not the exterior, durable stuff. It works pretty well and I'm starting to get to the point on my '22 journey where I'll be murdering a couple rolls of tessa tape when I get some extended down time ....

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Link?
On my last 4th gen I went apeshit with tessa tape on every single interior clip, the soft fuzzy stuff not the exterior, durable stuff. It works pretty well and I'm starting to get to the point on my '22 journey where I'll be murdering a couple rolls of tessa tape when I get some extended down time ....

whitexc

Reaction score
1a10fd5a3cec2bf19d4bab64439efc1d.jpg

Timber Grove bags installed today.
a05ebaa87b38f1ebb2dacc2498e5dc14.jpg

Single schraeder in the bed for now. Leak tested and jacked the truck up nicely, although I dislike the factory rake so won’t be cruising with more than 4-5 psi in them. Officially ready for 5er duty. Let’s go glampin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnynapalm

Reaction score
Looks great!

Was the extruded aluminum tie down bar a custom job? Great idea. Just got a retrax for my 3500!
EA2C8BAA-59CE-4A2B-895E-FA9FDBC68B29.jpeg
Thanks! Yes, it was custom. I needed to have a solid bar for quads, bicycles, etc. Mcmaster Carr for hardware and Amazon for the folding cleats.
Test fit the extruded aluminum. Looks great. Finally got it. I should have it installed tomorrow! Thanks for the idea clownpocket! I’m gonna do the floating look with the mounts on the inside under the retrax. And I’ll use rivnuts for the mounting brackets. More pictures tomorrow

jsalbre

Reaction score
Made some tweaks to my 8020 bike & MaxTrax mount so that it fits more bikes and my Wavian gas can. No holes drilled. It uses the holes that the front tie-down cleats were in. The best part is that it's made entirely out of parts that I had used when I made the drawer in the bed of my last 2500, so it was effectively free.

IMG_1236.jpegIMG_1188.jpegIMG_1185.jpeg

NHOverland

Reaction score

Linked4door

Reaction score
Started to use a bunch of that on my Laramie after the sub install. I feel like for every rattle I fix, 3 new ones form

jsalbre

Reaction score
That is a pretty sweet setup!
Thanks! I spent many hours sitting in the bed fiddling with things until I got it to work. I’m thinking about ordering a few more parts and extending the frame around the entire bed. I need to find some screws that don’t rust though. The 8020 black oxide stuff doesn’t do well in the rain.

It’s ridiculous that they don’t have a OEM bed utility rail kit for the non-Rambox beds.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score

This stuff is what I use for rattling clips/panels where its a tight fit and I can't get like a thin layer of neoprene foam in there :

I also try to wrap all my wires in it anytime I add anything that's inside the truck so wires ain't rattling behind panels and what not.

Started to use a bunch of that on my Laramie after the sub install. I feel like for every rattle I fix, 3 new ones form

Yea my last truck had a fox box with 2 12's in it that made the hunt for rattles a constant game of wack a mole. Right now I've got the Pioneer in the stock enclosure/stock power just so it sounds better, but I think this truck will get a 10" at the most long term. Chasing rattles got old after a while... and that was with mass loading and CCF everywhere inside the cab lol.

Alligator John

Reaction score
My wimpy floor jack is not going to cut it for my incoming power wagon. Got a single use 25% off harbor freight coupon in an email that hooked me, so I picked up a badlands off road jack. Not bad for $225. I was hoping to keep it stored in the rambox or build a cradle for it there and delete the factory jack. But this thing is bigger than I expected. That may not work. Still I was going to need it for the new truck and impressed with it so far just putting it together. My bulletpoint phone mount came in the mail today too. The pile of stuff for when the truck comes in continues to grow.

20230413_141620.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread