Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Ickabod

Reaction score
Well, I replaced my dash corner speakers with Kicker speakers. The Metra harnesses made it a fast 5 minute swap.
I also mounted my radar detector to the mirror with my bellmount mount. I ran a direct wire into the liner, to the A pillar, to the foot well, where I wired it into the wiring harness for my AUX switches. Now I can turn on/off the detector with AUX 3 switch.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Well, I replaced my dash corner speakers with Kicker speakers. The Metra harnesses made it a fast 5 minute swap.
I also mounted my radar detector to the mirror with my bellmount mount. I ran a direct wire into the liner, to the A pillar, to the foot well, where I wired it into the wiring harness for my AUX switches. Now I can turn on/off the detector with AUX 3 switch.

Those speakers make a huge difference. Transformed the sound of the Alpine system. It's awesome.

whitexc

Reaction score
Those speakers make a huge difference. Transformed the sound of the Alpine system. It's awesome.
I have these in my cart. You fellas have this non-audio guy interested after so much chatter about a simple upgrade to the Alpine system. Under $100.....worth a shot. Over.....nah, I'm good!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

angrymatt

Reaction score
Installed oe style fender flares. Just got them back from paint and it was finally warm enough out today. Its going to rain tomorrow so the rest of the truck is still dirty. 89B564EC-EF77-4EC5-AC93-1AB3849337A3.jpeg

Attachments

• 0DF81160-A9C8-46E7-823F-547B3E872A43.jpeg
    0DF81160-A9C8-46E7-823F-547B3E872A43.jpeg
    577 KB · Views: 97
  • 4087F72A-895C-4F49-B1E8-F7A6E3F18219.jpeg
    4087F72A-895C-4F49-B1E8-F7A6E3F18219.jpeg
    562.3 KB · Views: 96

angrymatt

Reaction score
Thank you. Was actually more of a pain than i expected. Im very happy with how the aftermarket flares look factory clean.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Thank you. Was actually more of a pain than i expected. Im very happy with how the aftermarket flares look factory clean.
Are they bushwacker oem style painted body color? I have the same flares but I kept them unpainted. I have a two tone black thing going on over here.

angrymatt

Reaction score
Are they bushwacker oem style painted body color? I have the same flares but I kept them unpainted. I have a two tone black thing going on over here.
Exactly what they are. That rubber trim was kind of annoying to get lined up. I had the paint shop color match the flares and the trim pieces and letters from front grill. Ill swap the front grill stuff some day when the black led lights show up and i get the nerve to take the front apart. Youve got a sweet looking set up plus the crawler. This is the first time ive tried color matching stuff.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Exactly what they are. That rubber trim was kind of annoying to get lined up. I had the paint shop color match the flares and the trim pieces and letters from front grill. Ill swap the front grill stuff some day when the black led lights show up and i get the nerve to take the front apart. Youve got a sweet looking set up plus the crawler. This is the first time ive tried color matching stuff.
Looks great. Thanks for the kind words. When you go to do the letters on the grille, do yourself a favor and take the front end apart. If you try to pop the letters off you will break the grille (not the letters) and your new letters won’t clip in right and you’ll have to glue them on. Lol

angrymatt

Reaction score
Looks great. Thanks for the kind words. When you go to do the letters on the grille, do yourself a favor and take the front end apart. If you try to pop the letters off you will break the grille (not the letters) and your new letters won’t clip in right and you’ll have to glue them on. Lol
Oh i wouldnt have the nerve to try poping them out. Ive heard things break if you try. I figure the grill has to come out to change headlights so ill do it all at once. Im still waiting on the lights and the nerve to pull it all apart. Lol

2001WS6

Reaction score
So I reinstalled my tailgate Monday.
I wasn't paying attention and backed into a concrete column :(
I guess it was an excuse to strip all the factory badges off ;)
I also ordered a replacement bumper 2 months ago. lol

I did add the Ikonic emblem today.

cPQC74z.jpg

Jsboening

Reaction score
So I reinstalled my tailgate Monday.
I wasn't paying attention and backed into a concrete column :(
I guess it was an excuse to strip all the factory badges off ;)
I also ordered a replacement bumper 2 months ago. lol

I did add the Ikonic emblem today.

cPQC74z.jpg
It’s really amazing with all the technology we still manage to back into stuff. happens.

Users who are viewing this thread