Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

AEV_CUMMINS

Reaction score
If you do not use this space, mounts with options are available to make things easier. Link in signature
View attachment 34571
That is a super slick install and spot to put it. I have the Megacab so not an option for me. I think I will go with the portable unit and finally pull the trigger, I have no idea why I have waited so long to buy it. I can even sell my crap Mastercraft garage compressor for blowing out the polishing pads once a year.

whitexc

Reaction score
Had 3/4 of a tank but threw the propane tank in and topped off the fuel tank and the propane tank at our local reservation. $3.99 for petrol and $10.50 to fill the 20#'r. Wanted to wash it but the weather is $hit today.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

mkmsr

Reaction score
Installed my tonneau cover and removed the Mark Dodge decal from the back glass.
7acf148c93e70b8d44b63e46fab10130.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Se7enoverland

Reaction score
Looks nice! That’s what my truck will be getting also. Initial thoughts on it?

Fit and finish is very good. Wiring is super long. Super easy to install. Just need 2 people to get it up and over the side of the bed.
It opens and close fast. It will not close all the way at first so you will have to help it to get the memory and so it does not blew out the seals. After it finds the home of close you will be good to go. Only reason know this is I help install one on a friends truck already.

hunterjoe

Reaction score
Fit and finish is very good. Wiring is super long. Super easy to install. Just need 2 people to get it up and over the side of the bed.
It opens and close fast. It will not close all the way at first so you will have to help it to get the memory and so it does not blew out the seals. After it finds the home of close you will be good to go. Only reason know this is I help install one on a friends truck already.
Thanks! Mine isn’t the power model, just noticed that yours is. Reading is hard. Ha ha. Thanks!

hunterjoe

Reaction score
I reprogrammed my radio pre-sets for the 6th time since January, and the 2nd of which in the last 6 days.

It either completely wipes them out or puts stuff on there I never listen too.

I have the 8.4 without NAV and I’m entering the anger stage now.
Just curious, because I went through this with my 1500…. Did you set them then save your seat preset after? Because when you use the seat preset it also sets your radio presets. Until I figured that out I was frustrated also.

flan

Reaction score
Got your monies worth out of the last set. I’m still on my oem let’s see if they make 3 years in August. It’s a garage queen so they just might.

Aaandroger

Reaction score
Wired in, and tested the third brake light for my Bestop topper. I did not install it on the top though. Big thanks to @Rockcrawlerdude for the wire location

I did explore the random unused plugs under there. One is on the frame closest to the bumper, next to the key fob receiver:

IMG_20220327_144339.jpg
And the other is above the tire winch:

IMG_20220327_144407.jpg

Any ideas what options these would let me add ?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Got your monies worth out of the last set. I’m still on my oem let’s see if they make 3 years in August. It’s a garage queen so they just might.
My truck was built in august ‘19 so it’s 2.5 years old and parks outside all day every day.

Users who are viewing this thread