Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

matski

Reaction score
Have a question, I just travel from AZ to Oklahoma, 16hrs, 1060 miles. I was averaging 17mpg before I hit 40mph crosswinds. I went to multiple truck stops looking for DEF, they only had the big nozzles, what does everyone use when they come across that? I ended up buy a box of DEF. Truck looks good on the ranch. Also the truck did better on fuel at 85mph then 75mph
View attachment 33872View attachment 33873View attachment 33874
Every truck stop that I have stopped at has had the same size DEF nozzle. It fits perfectly. The only nozzle that should be larger is the diesel pump nozzle and it fits into Ram's diesel filler neck. Sometimes you might have to wiggle it a little to get it out. The DEF nozzle is separate and usually to the side of the diesel nozzle. Under a rubber flap-type door.

AZ Sooner

Reaction score
Every truck stop that I have stopped at has had the same size DEF nozzle. It fits perfectly. The only nozzle that should be larger is the diesel pump nozzle and it fits into Ram's diesel filler neck. Sometimes you might have to wiggle it a little to get it out. The DEF nozzle is separate and usually to the side of the diesel nozzle. Under a rubber flap-type door.
Thats what I thought as well, the 4 i went to had the huge nozzle like for the semi trucks, wont fit at all.

Illymost

Reaction score
I guess this is as good a place as any for a question. Does anybody know what the limiting factor is in putting a larger fuel tank in a Regular Cab 8’ Dually? Why isn’t it an option? Why won’t it fit?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
My cruise control maxes out at 85mph, how did you get your to go higher?

Factory cruise cannot initially be SET above 85, but once set you should be able to bump it up to the speed limited max of the truck. BTW, hold for increments of 5MPH.

I can SET mine all the way to 100 (don't ask) and will now only get the warning if above, but don't recall where that is in AlfaOBD.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
eb666f1083069c848e9e7f20c7d8902d.jpg

707c09343cbaeb40dce78280b6e145bb.jpg

e64170328ca616256a656f62e47c5b19.jpg

Explored a little

GBB

Reaction score
Changed out light bar in lower grill.. removed the Heise and installed a Black Oak.

saltonbuoy

Reaction score
Drove It 548 Miles

Day two of terminal leave spent driving from Beaver Creek, Canada to Watson Lake, Canada.

We’re making our way to Oklahoma City, OK to make that hike post 26 year Air Force career.

2beb721fe25adb9b40b4cedf8469db61.jpg

4b7f68857ad3fae3bfa4da5c0a5360b0.jpg

6a8769bb63357706099525c806d305f5.jpg

1774f05410571678c5401e842bca5c67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, congrats on retirement!

Riddick

Reaction score
Drove It 548 Miles

Day two of terminal leave spent driving from Beaver Creek, Canada to Watson Lake, Canada.

We’re making our way to Oklahoma City, OK to make that hike post 26 year Air Force career.

2beb721fe25adb9b40b4cedf8469db61.jpg

4b7f68857ad3fae3bfa4da5c0a5360b0.jpg

6a8769bb63357706099525c806d305f5.jpg

1774f05410571678c5401e842bca5c67.jpg

Thanks for your service and congrats on retirement, retired 2A5 here.

Redfour5

Reaction score
I had a spray liner put on the bed with a gray color that almost matches the Billet Silver color on my 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie with the ORG, sports package and snow chief package. I also had the AMP power running boards put on. They are great, 5 year complete warranty and you cannot see them until they drop after opening the door. They are not, however, inexpensive but keeping the wife happy is important and it will make getting in a bit easier for the dogs...getting older. I also put in "Exact" Husky liners for the front driver passenger side. Price has definitely dropped on those vs my 2015 1500 at 69 bucks on Amazon. I am noticing that they are using a slightly stiffer material over the 2015. I'm sure it is because you will eventually wear through the older softer versions, right where your heel hits the floor per experience. This one looks tougher... I got a rolling tonneau cover off of Amazon I will finish up today and it was a steal at 169 bucks. It looks tougher than the Tuxedo Truxport at twice the price. I've used those now on a couple trucks and have NO criticism of them. I will be getting the MOPAR bed step here in a bit. It is EASY to install yourself.

Of interest, I got one off the lot and the build sheet and the Monroney (window sticker) did NOT list the wheel well liners so I was going to have them put those on the truck and the installer said, no need they are already on there... I'm not going to complain... but it is interesting that they are an add on that cost a bit. Maybe they made a mistake...in my favor...at the factory? Does that happen?

I really recommend the Snow Chief package for anyone at like 995 bucks. You get the bigger alternator (220 vs 180), limited slip differential, the auxilliary switches inside and the lights on top. I could live without the lights, but the rest is a deal unto itself when you consider the limited slip alone costs like 500 bucks. And the aux switches give you options for additional things down the road like lights etc. The Off Road Group (ORG) is worth it if you want to do any off roading even light and the Bilsteins/different springs? alone are a nice addition along with the off road pages on Uconnect. One of the things I like about the off road pages is the altimeter. We go lots of places in the mountains and its neat to see how high you are... I don't particularly care for chrome and thus the Sports Package but am wondering about rock chips over time on the bumpers.

One last observation... As the gen 4.5, the interior is NOT as big as in the Gen 5 1500 I traded in. We have big dogs and the back with the seats up and flat floor set up for dogs is more like the old Gen 4 1500's of which I had two over time. The Gen 5 back interior is almost as big as a twin bed, really...huge... The 2500 you lose around 3 to 4 inches of flat space in the back width wise front to back. The dogs don't seem to care, but the wife noticed right off the back. I got this for the travel trailer. The 1500 was..."adequate..." for the trailer, this will be more than adequate and we could potentially go fifth wheel if we wanted... I don't, she does...

Last edited:

Greenhills

Reaction score
One last observation... As the gen 4.5, the interior is NOT as big as in the Gen 5 1500 I traded in. We have big dogs and the back with the seats up and flat floor set up for dogs is more like the old Gen 4 1500's of which I had two over time. The Gen 5 back interior is almost as big as a twin bed, really...huge... The 2500 you lose around 3 to 4 inches of flat space in the back width wise front to back. The dogs don't seem to care, but the wife noticed right off the back. I got this for the travel trailer. The 1500 was..."adequate..." for the trailer, this will be more than adequate and we could potentially go fifth wheel if we wanted... I don't, she does...
Yes, the new 1500 cab is close to the same size as the mega i believe. Pretty sure the plan for 5th Gen HD trucks is to get rid of the Mega cab and just use a larger crew cab like the 1500. I also noticed when i went from a 5th gen 1500 to a 4.5 HD truck that the back seat felt very small.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Day 3 traveling the Alaska Highway was so nice. The roads weren’t bad at all. We saw a couple of Bison herds and probably the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen. Manchu Lake in the Northern Rockies. This is my second time through there and it is so stunning. Kevin seems content with the back seat mostly all to himself.
7f01ae020b81c01fcc2e875406fa6ddc.jpg

22eac52a173bb66d6f0ec5bae6f8efd8.jpg

23d0149d720362ceaa08cd92d4d9e760.jpg
675ecdbe43cea3f037a4e0f65521c1e9.jpg

43ce052be052cec63fe4018401d8a5cd.jpg

ec4481dbd9cdfda0deb5de6cfb692003.jpg

Redfour5

Reaction score
I had a spray liner put on the bed with a gray color that almost matches the Billet Silver color on my 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie with the ORG, sports package and snow chief package. I also had the AMP power running boards put on. They are great, 5 year complete warranty and you cannot see them until they drop after opening the door. They are not, however, inexpensive but keeping the wife happy is important and it will make getting in a bit easier for the dogs...getting older. I also put in "Exact" Husky liners for the front driver passenger side. Price has definitely dropped on those vs my 2015 1500 at 69 bucks on Amazon. I am noticing that they are using a slightly stiffer material over the 2015. I'm sure it is because you will eventually wear through the older softer versions, right where your heel hits the floor per experience. This one looks tougher... I got a rolling tonneau cover off of Amazon I will finish up today and it was a steal at 169 bucks. It looks tougher than the Tuxedo Truxport at twice the price. I've used those now on a couple trucks and have NO criticism of them. I will be getting the MOPAR bed step here in a bit. It is EASY to install yourself.

Of interest, I got one off the lot and the build sheet and the Monroney (window sticker) did NOT list the wheel well liners so I was going to have them put those on the truck and the installer said, no need they are already on there... I'm not going to complain... but it is interesting that they are an add on that cost a bit. Maybe they made a mistake...in my favor...at the factory? Does that happen?

I really recommend the Snow Chief package for anyone at like 995 bucks. You get the bigger alternator (220 vs 180), limited slip differential, the auxilliary switches inside and the lights on top. I could live without the lights, but the rest is a deal unto itself when you consider the limited slip alone costs like 500 bucks. And the aux switches give you options for additional things down the road like lights etc. The Off Road Group (ORG) is worth it if you want to do any off roading even light and the Bilsteins/different springs? alone are a nice addition along with the off road pages on Uconnect. One of the things I like about the off road pages is the altimeter. We go lots of places in the mountains and its neat to see how high you are... I don't particularly care for chrome and thus the Sports Package but am wondering about rock chips over time on the bumpers.

The AMP power Running boards are FANTASTIC... My wallet is substantially lighter though... But the wife and older dog love them, so we are good.

Users who are viewing this thread