Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Calef_HD

Reaction score
I washed it. Forgot how good the red looks. It stays pretty dirty in the winters in the PNW but man it shines when clean. Oh and i signed myself up to claybar the entire driver side once it warms up because it feels like i somehow drove through tar and sand.... So that'll be fun.
I love the looks of the bronze wheels with the Delmonico. When it comes time for tire replacement I’m definitely going that route now. Enjoy your time with the clay bar…you won’t stop at just the drivers side

Thompsre08

Reaction score
I love the looks of the bronze wheels with the Delmonico. When it comes time for tire replacement I’m definitely going that route now. Enjoy your time with the clay bar…you won’t stop at just the drivers side
Thanks man. I went out on a limb with the Bronze and Red because i couldnt find a good example of many other guys who had done it and literally the week after i had them installed, 4 other trucks popped up on the forums and FB pages lol. I hate claybarring but its going to end up being the whole truck with a good wax or possibly have it ceramic coated. I dunno yet but it needs help for how new it is.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
I just added a relay to auxiliary switch #6 to get rid of the three honks when leave your truck running an shut the door
Thanks to rockman for posting his video

Can you post a link of video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt58

Reaction score
Finally got some steps installed! Go Rhino DSS Sliders. They’re definitely not sliders but they are rock solid! The mounting brackets could use some refinement but got them to work. They attach to the pinch weld and the factory holes for factory steps. I removed the nut-serts as mine weren’t flush.

f64e2fc56749c1dd06c4c50e60e60033.jpg

buzzuti

Reaction score
Finally got some steps installed! Go Rhino DSS Sliders. They’re definitely not sliders but they are rock solid! The mounting brackets could use some refinement but got them to work. They attach to the pinch weld and the factory holes for factory steps. I removed the nut-serts as mine weren’t flush.

Those are pretty swank!
Goldie Locks!
Not big and clunky, just right.

Matt58

Reaction score
Those are pretty swank!
Goldie Locks!
Not big and clunky, just right.

Thanks man! I wanted something tight/close to the body but something the wife and kids could use to help get it.

I originally ordered the Go Rhino RB10 slim boards but the mounting brackets were the worst I’ve ever seen! I bent them during mock up! Sent em back and orders these ones! I could tell by the weight that the DSS Sliders were much more substantial and the mounting brackets are absolutely solid!

Very happy with how they look!

Ramcat

Reaction score
Thanks man! I wanted something tight/close to the body but something the wife and kids could use to help get it.

I originally ordered the Go Rhino RB10 slim boards but the mounting brackets were the worst I’ve ever seen! I bent them during mock up! Sent em back and orders these ones! I could tell by the weight that the DSS Sliders were much more substantial and the mounting brackets are absolutely solid!

Very happy with how they look!

I don’t like the sound of this. Fed ex just delivered my RB10 slims today. Haven’t opened the box yet. I debated getting the one you got and after seeing them on your rig, I feel like I should have. I wanted as high and tight as possible. How far down to they come past the body?

whitexc

Reaction score

More pics? Those look great.

Sent from my semi-smart telephonic device

Matt58

Reaction score
I don’t like the sound of this. Fed ex just delivered my RB10 slims today. Haven’t opened the box yet. I debated getting the one you got and after seeing them on your rig, I feel like I should have. I wanted as high and tight as possible. How far down to they come past the body?

0b2582ba0cd3149509826d8ebd31afbb.jpg

Pretty damn tight! If I had to guess, 3/4-7/8” below the pinch weld. The step isn’t very substantial but it works well for us! I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the mounting brackets for the RB10 Slim are severely inadequate! I mounted up the driver side and I could not believe how flimsy the whole set up was! I hit the board with my fist and it vibrated horribly! Open the box and hold one of the boards; you’ll know what I’m taking about. And the brackets only mount to the holes on the inside of the body and not the pinch weld. Simply put, they’re horrible!!!

Matt58

Reaction score
A buddy of mine has a set of the RB10s on his 2020 GMC 2500 and they sit extremely tight to the body and are super solid so I was hoping for the same. For the Ram 2500, absolute garbage!

Matt58

Reaction score
Go Rhino takes a “one size fits all” approach with these steps, they make one size for pretty much all applications. That being said, they don’t fit the Ram perfectly; they run a little long and extend past the cab just a bit. I had to remove the plastic trim at the pinch weld thats mounted to the front part of the bed. It was snowing during install so I didn’t have the time to trim them for fit. I’ll try to get to that this weekend.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I 3D printed (PETG) and installed these today. The center dropped (pressed) right in perfectly. I had to adjust them a bit for the rearmost pockets that have more material in the hole. This was someone's stock design off Thingiverse so I think I'll redesign them just a bit to taper the top and then print them at 99% for a better fit.

20220224_145537.jpg

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I 3D printed (PETG) and installed these today. The center dropped (pressed) right in perfectly. I had to adjust them a bit for the rearmost pockets that have more material in the hole. This was someone's stock design off Thingiverse so I think I'll redesign them just a bit to taper the top and then print them at 99% for a better fit.

View attachment 32682

Nice! You gonna add Brutal to the top?

gpattikjr

Reaction score

View attachment 32682
Use cura and click on fuzzy in experimental. Flip the model over and use tree support. You will get a nice textured finish to match the rails.

Attachments

• USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1644517920784_6897608093216056901.jpeg
    USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1644517920784_6897608093216056901.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 114

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Use cura and click on fuzzy in experimental. Flip the model over and use tree support. You will get a nice textured finish to match the rails.

I use Prusa and it has fuzzy but only does walls. I printed this with the top on top and no supports.

Nice! You gonna add Brutal to the top?

I'm still thinking if I want to emboss something on the top or not, and what that might be. I could throw on some gun logos I have handy from making vinyl cut stickers, a Rams head, etc. but then they're just liable to get get dingy even with a ceramic coating on them.

I'm printing a prototype of my modification right now. I shortened it overall and put a chamfer on the lip to try to match the pocket better.

AZ Sooner

Reaction score
Had to get a new taillight replaced under warranty today, had water condensation in the housing. Also got the heater relay recall done. All they did was up it up to the scan tool and it passed. Super easy 20220220_172922.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread