Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Reh Ranch

Reaction score
@E-Rod > I am planning a Ranch Hand Legend for my 2022 whenever it gets here. I have seen some concerns about the amount of protection for the lower cooler's with that set up. What are your thoughts since you have just put one on?

unclelala

Reaction score
@alwaysonguard...in your sig...6.2L ?

I realized my error after, thought "who's going to notice, I'll fix it later". Never underestimate the forum members.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
At least you have a sig...most people don't which is annoying...it could save so many after questions...its IMO impertive and should be forum law to have one so when someone posts, you know quite ofter why they are doing the things they do with out asking why. :)

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
At least you have a sig...most people don't which is annoying...it could save so many after questions...its IMO impertive and should be forum law to have one so when someone posts, you know quite ofter why they are doing the things they do with out asking why. :)
Uh Oh. Mandatory ideas.

Sounds too much like left wing politics. Stay back.

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Installed this big arse intake...the monster ram horn is on its way as is the diff cover....but this filter is effing huge....got the dry filter in case you're wondering after talking to Banks....pardon the work bench mess....it's cleaned up now but that is a gallon jug....

Attachments

• 0217221205b.jpg
    0217221205b.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 150
  • 40339.jpeg
    40339.jpeg
    554.4 KB · Views: 150

AEV_CUMMINS

Reaction score
I really like it this point. It took about an hour to install. It has sealed up really nicely and I think once I get a gasket for the tailgate I can get pretty close to water tight. I was a little worried about it rattling but it has been quiet and operates very smoothly. I had a Truxedo low pro on my previous truck and liked it but as it got older it was tougher to get it to stay really nice and tight and obviously the Retrax is a lot more secure as well.

I was really on the fence on getting a container style roll up cover and losing bed space as I haul lumber and ladders pretty regularly in summer. I think it will be fine as I can still slide lumber underneath the container and once I can find the Yakima Overhaul HD in stock I can add that to the channels in the XR and have a good removable ladder rack so the bed space won't be as important.
I love the Yakima rack on my Retrax. I think you will be very pleased!

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
Had a Retrax on my halfton and loved it. Only drawback was the drum takes up about a foot of bed space. I ended up attaching a hitch carrier/shelf to a couple rhino rack load bars and mounting the thing overtop of the drum so I had some storage above the bed, behind the cab. Those T-tracks made the thing super flexible and being able to lock the cover open in any position ended up being really useful.

Ended up moving to a cap for more dry storage and though my wife (and most others) think the truck doesn’t look as cool, caps are effen awesome if fit your need. Can’t imagine not having a cap on my trucks at this point. Pro-tip if you can get a bed slide or equivalent, it’s a game changer for a truck with a cap.

GPurcell01

Reaction score
Installed this big arse intake...the monster ram horn is on its way as is the diff cover....but this filter is effing huge....got the dry filter in case you're wondering after talking to Banks....pardon the work bench mess....it's cleaned up now but that is a gallon jug....

any changes with the intake?

Bigkeeper

Reaction score
Added RAM molded mud guards today as even the stock wheels are throwing rocks and chipping the lower panel without running boards, will need these big time with larger tire upgrade next week. Previous post on how the rear wheel has to be off for the poly rivet tool to fit and work was right, I’ll get those next week when the tires are off, all others not too bad.

Attachments

• BD96A321-7843-4D5F-833F-90D483F7A806.jpeg
    BD96A321-7843-4D5F-833F-90D483F7A806.jpeg
    546.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 3C788681-4844-47E1-B9F7-DB913405CD93.jpeg
    3C788681-4844-47E1-B9F7-DB913405CD93.jpeg
    444.2 KB · Views: 101

E-Rod

Reaction score
@E-Rod > I am planning a Ranch Hand Legend for my 2022 whenever it gets here. I have seen some concerns about the amount of protection for the lower cooler's with that set up. What are your thoughts since you have just put one on?
Not concerned by it. Smaller pigs on the highway will slip under and bounce off the axle...and probably wont hit anything important. But deer or anything else that jumps out in front is toast.
Traveling through Texas, if you come across a whole sounder of pigs on the highway... its nice having some steel up front.
Look into the Ram Sport edition... its pretty badass too

woody284

Reaction score
Your truck must sit about like mine. Or that is one persistent bird.

Users who are viewing this thread