Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

bradleyr001

Reaction score
Love the look of the Leer cap, but is it my old eyes or does the truck paint not match the cap paint? That would drive me nuts...

SoldierOfTheLaw

Reaction score
How on Earth did you get the vent visors in? I tried to install some but couldn't get the window to close and ended up breaking the visor.
The front windows were a PITA since the safety feature of the power window would kick in and lower the darn thing ... a lot. I had to lower the window all the way .... and then hit the auto up button while standing on the inside with the door open. Then quicklly flex the visor outwards with my right hand at the lower edge and with my left hand at the top corner so the window would clear the visor and wedge it in place. No issues with the rear windows.

That was yesterday afternoon and they have been left in the up position since. Hopefully they stick in place so the window will function properly. I'll report back after I test them out, but since it is cold here I'm gonna wait and give it time to set.

DougB

Reaction score
The front windows were a PITA since the safety feature of the power window would kick in and lower the darn thing ... a lot. I had to lower the window all the way .... and then hit the auto up button while standing on the inside with the door open. Then quicklly flex the visor outwards with my right hand at the lower edge and with my left hand at the top corner so the window would clear the visor and wedge it in place. No issues with the rear windows.

That was yesterday afternoon and they have been left in the up position since. Hopefully they stick in place so the window will function properly. I'll report back after I test them out, but since it is cold here I'm gonna wait and give it time to set.
How is the wind noise on the in channel style? On the stick on AVS ones, the fronts add wind noise. There are several reviews on Amazon stating this as well. I'm going to remove mine. It's annoying as heck. My '06 had leaky door seals even after replacing and this is driving me nuts again. Was one of the things I wanted to get away from. I like being able to crack the windows to let out heat but prevent rain and any prying tools from getting in easily. Oh well...

whitexc

Reaction score
Yup, a few ups and downs after sitting and they will be fine. Love my vent visors.

Sent from my semi-smart telephonic device

DougB

Reaction score
I have the Banks Pedal Monster with iDash gauge and an 2nd iDash gauge. I had them mounted to the windshield using the dual suction cup mount also from Banks, but that prevents me from using my Heatshield so I needed a different mount. I didn't want to stick anything to the dash for fear of it leaving a messy residue, discolor, etc. I didnt want the gauges in the center pocket. I looked around the net for pillar mounts and so far the only options are a couple mounts for the Edge CTS monitor which use a ball mount. The Banks mount uses a ball mount, too so this was promising. The 2 I found replace the grab handle's lower screw and cosmetic cover. One company's is 3D printed (Moonlight Diesel (PN 2800101)) and by the looks of the photos online puts the ball mount too far forward of the dash and I didn't like it there. I wanted something tucked near the dash and A pillar. Being 3D printed I didnt think I could heat and manipulate it into the position I wanted. I thought about making the CAD for one at work and having a friend print it but that might take longer than option 2.

I found Edge makes an aluminum mount (PN 38603) that is powder coated and fits the 2019-up HDs It's $5 LESS than the 3D printed part, go figure. The Edge mount doesn't put the ball was not in the ideal spot either for me but I figured I could heat and bend it since it's solid aluminum. Ordered it from Amazon and it came in yesterday.

Today I had time to work on it so installed it as-is to figure out how I needed to bend it. Heated it using a mapp gas torch. Didn't take long to get soft enough to bend into position. I would heat it, bend it, and then quench it in a bucket of cold water so I could quickly handle it for a test fit. Took me several iterations before my spatial awareness was good enough to remember how to bend it as I walked between truck and garage. :rolleyes: The powder coat did burn off eventually (took a while so its a good coating!) The vice jaws and pliers left some marks in the aluminum, so I need to do some clean up before I hit it with some paint. I might see if I can get a decent paint match to the tan of the A pillar so that the part in the handle matches again and then just have the arm black to match the dash. If not, no biggie. I got the gauges where I want them and that's what mattered.

Here are some photos. It was dark so lighting was not the best using iPhone flash. Sorry, didn't take BEFORE photos of the mount, but you can see it on Edge's website, although they have the CTS mounted.

IMG_8050.JPG IMG_8054.JPG IMG_8051.JPG IMG_8057.JPG IMG_8052.JPG IMG_8053.JPG

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
New bumper finally installed! Could not be happier! Just waiting for my Baja Designs 30'' light bar for below the bullbar to come in along with the Warn 16.5ti & AEV intercooler guard. So stoked to have this on now though. View attachment 29959View attachment 29960
Normally I'm not a fan of aftermarket bumpers on big truck but that looks like it belongs and came that way...nice choice...

Myfast70

Reaction score
I ordered from realtrucks.com. Ordered it around 1/6, got it on 1/12. It went on fairly easily, but the fasteners are a bit cheap. I would maybe suggest getting some decent push pin style fasteners from a hardware store prior to installing.
Yeah, I have seen others say the same about the push pins.

Thanks for the site, I'll have to call them and get one ordered if in stock and cancel with AVS. That really irritates me that they've been giving me the runaround

Users who are viewing this thread