Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

SpeyRam

Reaction score
Sorry for the ordeal, showkiller! People will steal anything it seems. Somehow made me think of that recent horrific story of the 3 Aussie surfers who were shot and killed in Mexico for their truck tires.

SpeyRam

Reaction score
Got a few things done on the truck. Some were inspired by this forum - thanks fellas! Quite happy with it.

Upgraded the factory Trashforce tires to Falken Wildpeak AT4Ws with stock sizes - 275/70/18
Had the factory 18" Big Horn" wheels powder-coated satin black
Swapped the factory halogens with Morimoto XB hybrids - someone turned into me and cracked my passenger lens with their side mirror so this was an easy reason to upgrade

1715636365844.jpeg

Crashresq21

Reaction score
Some tint work finally done. 5% Sunroof, match fronts to rears, 70% Windshield. The windshield has a crease in it (lifetime work warranty) so I may go 60% or 50%.

Attachments

• 20240504_145256.jpg
    20240504_145256.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 20240504_145303.jpg
    20240504_145303.jpg
    563.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 20240504_143639.jpg
    20240504_143639.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 20240504_145232.jpg
    20240504_145232.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 61

PGHChris81

Reaction score
Got a few things done on the truck. Some were inspired by this forum - thanks fellas! Quite happy with it.

Upgraded the factory Trashforce tires to Falken Wildpeak AT4Ws with stock sizes - 275/70/18
Swapped the factory halogens with Morimoto XB hybrids - someone turned into me and cracked my passenger lens with their side mirror so this was an easy reason to upgrade

View attachment 72788
Did an awesome job with the wheels. They look great.

MarkCO1

Reaction score

Those look great. I have the steel wheels with the chrome covers (which I hate) so I have been looking at a few sets of the aluminum wheels and would get them powder coated black as well.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
I replaced my front Thuren Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks with 5160's - P/N 25-293432. They were the closest in the right length's I could find for Thuren springs and took a gamble even though they're for the PW (+2") - The gamble paid off and honestly on the road they ride quite a bit better than the Fox's did brand new. I'll get to test them on gravel and back-roads throughout the week, but my front shocks needed fixing ASAP. When even my wife notices that the truck has become a boat wallowing down the road, into every turn, etc - You know it's bad lol. Kinda pissed that I need a rebuild after less than a year and less than 20k miles when the most offroading they typically see are county gravel roads - The sort of stuff that I've had 5100s last for 50k miles on other trucks.

I know I could ship them out to accutune for a re-build, but we're in the middle of moving and ain't no body got time for that right now. Summit had the 5160's in stock so that sealed the deal as I could get it knocked out quickly and back to moving. I did have to settle for a single clamp mounting the reservoirs on the Carli brackets due to the shorter 5160 reservoir, but it all worked out. After a quick 20 mile test drive I no longer drive a boat that wallows all over the road and I've got a set of Fox 2.0s that I can get rebuilt later on down the road.

1715736689908.png

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
I replaced my front Thuren Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks with 5160's - P/N 25-293432. They were the closest in the right length's I could find for Thuren springs and took a gamble even though they're for the PW (+2") - The gamble paid off and honestly on the road they ride quite a bit better than the Fox's did brand new. I'll get to test them on gravel and back-roads throughout the week, but my front shocks needed fixing ASAP. When even my wife notices that the truck has become a boat wallowing down the road, into every turn, etc - You know it's bad lol. Kinda pissed that I need a rebuild after less than a year and less than 20k miles when the most offroading they typically see are county gravel roads - The sort of stuff that I've had 5100s last for 50k miles on other trucks.

I know I could ship them out to accutune for a re-build, but we're in the middle of moving and ain't no body got time for that right now. Summit had the 5160's in stock so that sealed the deal as I could get it knocked out quickly and back to moving. I did have to settle for a single clamp mounting the reservoirs on the Carli brackets due to the shorter 5160 reservoir, but it all worked out. After a quick 20 mile test drive I no longer drive a boat that wallows all over the road and I've got a set of Fox 2.0s that I can get rebuilt later on down the road.

View attachment 72816

After putting some more miles on her - I'm liking the 5160's quite a bit. Riding on them after taking a few loads out to the property I'm very tempted to put them on the rear of the truck and when they're worn out have all 4 Foxes re-valved by accutune to firm them up (and probably add LSC adjusters). I did give up a tiny amount of travel and a small amount of off road performance, but the on-road ride, especially loaded/towing, is significantly better. Our roads out here have degraded in quality significantly since the pandemic so the large g-outs, dips, etc are just far better controlled by the 5160s based on seat of the pants feel - Especially when the bed is full and I've got the diamondback loaded up with crap or I'm towing.

Empty the truck rides great, but with a load the contrast between the 5160s and the Carli Fox 2.0s is notable. The front is a lot more controlled while the rear sort of floats around - Since we'll be doing a lot more RVing now I'm probably going to pickup rear 5160s when I add bags/cradles to the truck.

clownpocket

Reaction score
First bath/detail with the new tires. It finally looks like a real truck without the Trashforce AT's.

Attachments

• IMG_6948.JPEG
    IMG_6948.JPEG
    908.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_6946.JPEG
    IMG_6946.JPEG
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_6945.JPEG
    IMG_6945.JPEG
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_6944.JPEG
    IMG_6944.JPEG
    1.6 MB · Views: 88

Lucky Devil

Reaction score
I made a flip-up license plate frame and modified the OE plate mount to hold a shore power plug and a couple of switches. The switches are waterproof; fully sealed on front and back. The plate frame is held closed with magnets on the bottom screws (near the switches). The rubber weather seal around the outside doesn't keep out water - it's just there to fill the visible gap when the plate is closed.

IMG_2274.JPG

Hard to see in this picture, but the switches light up when they're turned on.

IMG_2278.JPG

When closed, it's pretty inconspicuous.

IMG_2280.JPG

IMG_2294.JPG

All of the connections are hidden in the OE license plate mount and behind the lower fascia. Plug-in connections are sealed with heat shrink.

IMG_2292.JPG

I also made a bracket to mount my battery tender behind the bumper. Hard to see in the picture because everything is black.

IMG_2296.JPG

IMG_2298.JPG

The red square shows approximately where the battery tender is behind the bumper.

IMG_2301.JPG

clownpocket

Reaction score
I made a flip-up license plate frame and modified the OE plate mount to hold a shore power plug and a couple of switches. The switches are waterproof; fully sealed on front and back. The plate frame is held closed with magnets on the bottom screws (near the switches). The rubber weather seal around the outside doesn't keep out water - it's just there to fill the visible gap when the plate is closed.

View attachment 72933

View attachment 72934

View attachment 72935

View attachment 72940

All of the connections are hidden in the OE license plate mount and behind the lower fascia. Plug-in connections are sealed with heat shrink.

View attachment 72936

I also made a bracket to mount my battery tender behind the bumper. Hard to see in the picture because everything is black.

View attachment 72937

View attachment 72938

The red square shows approximately where the battery tender is behind the bumper.

View attachment 72939
That is slick!

unclelala

Reaction score

View attachment 72933

View attachment 72934

View attachment 72935

View attachment 72940

View attachment 72936

View attachment 72937

View attachment 72938

View attachment 72939
That James Bond flip up licence plate is pretty damn cool. :cool:

Stoic_Shane

Reaction score
After a trip to Florida, wifey told me the drone from the five inch fun parts was a bit too much.

I’ll be slowly dynamatting the whole truck. Here’s the hood so far, may add more but haven’t decided yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0808.jpeg
    IMG_0808.jpeg
    470.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0810.jpeg
    IMG_0810.jpeg
    519 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0811.jpeg
    IMG_0811.jpeg
    614.5 KB · Views: 93

Users who are viewing this thread