Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

jetrinka

Reaction score
feels like a sports car doesn't it...I swap back and forth between my Toyo 35's and stock tires just depending on what I am doing and I love the way stock feels. I don't feel such a difference going from stock to 35's but sure do the other way around.
haha yes it certainly feels more responsive thats for sure. I've got another set of wheels with studded snow tires on them which is what really drove the decision to switch back to the stock size - just less complicated. I do have ALFA to be able to switch tire sizes but its a pain.... Stock is way cheaper too.

clu51

Reaction score
Installed a few new parts over the last few days. Replaced the lens on my diode dynamics s3 fog lights with yellow to try out, and installed a 18” DD light bar in the bumper. Also ditched the lower valance in favor of the cjc off-road intercooler guard. Last but not least replaced the sway bar with a Thuren torsion unit. What a ride difference that made.

And of course some pictures or it didn’t happen
View attachment 41204View attachment 41205
How did you mount the light bar? Also what "feel" or performance change did you get with the sway bar? Lighter, stiffer, big knocks, slow twisting? thanks

Darkone

Reaction score
How did you mount the light bar? Also what "feel" or performance change did you get with the sway bar? Lighter, stiffer, big knocks, slow twisting? thanks
I ordered a set of brackets from ijdmtoys I think is their name which consisted of 4 slotted angle brackets. They worked but I think I’d been better off trying to get a set from BD or making my own.
The sway bar is in my opinion, for my truck been a huge upgrade. It took a lot of the side to side jarring out from pot holes and has made the truck feel less stiff. I mean it still rides like a truck just some of the harshness has been taken out. Although it has made the shocks feel to me not able to dampen as well. Hope that helps and if you have any more questions let me know.

Slamman18Z

Reaction score
Made the drive back from MD and got back yesterday. Starting installing all the stuff I was buying for the truck while I was waiting for it to go through the order process today, and we'll see how far I get through the weekend. I actually installed the gun safe before I left the dealership.

I'm going to try a couple of different configurations with the bulletpoint mount to see which works best. I still need to find a better attachment plate for the motorola radio, too bulky and I don't think the magnetic attachment will hold the radio over rough terrain (top heavy and bracket has the radio too far away from the magnet). I also need to find a place to run the cord from the main unit, I was just going to cut a bigger hole in the center console where the bulletpoint mount is attached but both ends of the connection cord are too big to fit through the mount.

Attachments

• GB1.jpg
    GB1.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 165
  • GB2.jpg
    GB2.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 163
  • BP1.jpg
    BP1.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 162
  • BP2.jpg
    BP2.jpg
    451.4 KB · Views: 161

Darkone

Reaction score
Had 35x12.50R18 Recon grapplers installed on the factory wheels today with no lift. I like how it filled out the wheel wells and fits flush with the body. Definitely improved the ride over the Firestones. I also tried balance beads from Magnum+. Only have a few miles on two lane so no weird vibrations, but will find out tomorrow i have a day trip planned. Excuse the dirt the truck is filthy and hopefully will get a clean up first of the week.

FF3AD992-76EF-462E-873B-D669FB8A6F47.jpeg8C40BE9B-2272-4A04-A452-B522AC578272.jpegDA8C1E2B-6446-4BCC-9A73-50B0767BDA95.jpeg1C2D8A82-11DC-4205-8837-FB447CA26BB5.jpeg

pnwram3500

Reaction score
Window tint and it's first hand wash. Also found out during wash the ceramic coating I paid extra for didn't happen, no water beading and the dust was stuck like glue to the paint.
Same thing....Paid extra to have the ceramic coating done by dealership and don't believe they did it! Finish felt dull and no water beading. BS.

Wholeo

Reaction score
Same thing....Paid extra to have the ceramic coating done by dealership and don't believe they did it! Finish felt dull and no water beading. BS.
Salesman checked with the detail department and of course they said they did it, I don't think they used a quick spray detailer so I told him not to worry about it so I might venture into the world of ceramic coating myself.

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Well...was on a 3 week wheeling and cruise trip for our 25th anniversary....got to Ouray and had a blast on all the mountain passes....drive to anthem Arizona just north of Phoenix...came out of the hotel to find the passenger window of my jeep smashed in....and both rear windows on the Ram smashed in...they took my GoPro out of the jeep and my wife's luggage out of the truck...so what I did to it today was tape up some plastic over the windows and we are now driving this thing all the back to Indy non stop....I effing hate these c0ck$ucking thieves....

Attachments

• 0815220734a_HDR.jpg
    0815220734a_HDR.jpg
    509.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 0815220733_HDR.jpg
    0815220733_HDR.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 200

Wholeo

Reaction score
I paid my taxes today ..... and it hurt a little bit

Slamman18Z

Reaction score
Got the Thuren coil springs and sway bar installed. Only 2 issues - 1. My torque wrench only goes up to 150 foot lbs. and the track bar bolt connecting it to the frame needs to be torqued to 210. & 2. The steering wheel was a little off center during the test drive. I took my truck in today to get the new tires/wheels put on and had them take care of the alignment and check the track bar bolt for me. I'll have pictures of the truck with the tires tomorrow as it has been raining just about all day today.

The coil springs and sway bar are a pretty straight forward install, would be easier with a helper but I was able to get it done in about 4 hours. coil sway1.jpgcoil sway 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread