Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

LaRochelle

Reaction score
Switched out the dull interior lighting with some new LED's. Its amazing with the technology they put in these trucks nowadays that they wouldn't make interior LED's standard. t15.jpg

UglyViking

Reaction score
+1 that. I put red filters over the interior lights of my last truck because I couldn't stand the harsh lighting during the evening. I wanted to maintain my night sight as much as possible and bright LEDs don't help with that. I keep a flashlight in my pocket for needing to look around for anything.

LaRochelle

Reaction score
I’m a bridge troll man, I couldn’t stand having that bright of light in my cab.
Its really not as bright as it looks in the pic.... plus they only really come on when the door is opened. I don't drive around with them on. Although I have also converted my entire house over to 5000K LED's and painted all the trim gloss white, Maybe I do like things a little brighter. :cool:

UglyViking

Reaction score
Its really not as bright as it looks in the pic.... plus they only really come on when the door is opened. I don't drive around with them on. Although I have also converted my entire house over to 5000K LED's and painted all the trim gloss white, Maybe I do like things a little brighter. :cool:

Your house is my nightmare. It took me forever to find dim enough bulbs for the lights in my house at night.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Ordered my A.R.E Z series shell today and finished up the wiring in the bed for it. I'm not impressed with the way most of those dealer install guys hook up wiring.

View attachment 6190
Do you know if the cap will open with the proximity key unlock at the tailgate?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

steve49

Reaction score
Do you know if the cap will open with the proximity key unlock at the tailgate?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Since the shell keyless entry is wired into the truck door locks/unlock and I'll be able to use my truck keyfob, I'm guessing maybe so but can't say for sure. When you walk up to the truck can you hear the door locks unlock, if so again I'm thinking maybe so. I tapped into the door lock/unlock wires under the driver's step trim.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Since the shell keyless entry is wired into the truck door locks/unlock and I'll be able to use my truck keyfob, I'm guessing maybe so but can't say for sure. When you walk up to the truck can you hear the door locks unlock, if so again I'm thinking maybe so. I tapped into the door lock/unlock wires under the driver's step trim.

So I just went out to look at mine and see what happens. It sounds like the proximity key actuates the lock, but it's a little hard to tell. One thing I did notice, the tailgate seems to lock/unlock independently from the doors. I had the key on me so my guess is that the tailgate may be opening but not actually unlocking. I didn't notice any way to change the lock settings from the head unit but you may be able to with alphaobd.

Another could be that you just need to use the fob or touch the door handle. It's not near the end of the world but I'd love to just have it work via the tailgate. I'll be curious to hear your feedback on the Z series, I've been looking at the revo but I saw a video where the lock didn't look at all secure, which isn't great.

UglyViking

Reaction score
6000k in the garage... and lots of it..

In the garage is one thing if you need the light to work. I would do that if my garage was big enough and just have light switches, one for "normal" usage and another for working on stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread