Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your upcoming mods?

LamboTexas

Reaction score
Hopefully all by the end of summer:

1. Ranch Hand Front Bumper & Guard
2. Ceramic Window Tint: 20% on front, 20% brow, 5% on back & rear window, 5% sunroof
3. Decked Bed Storage: current toolbox sits up so high and far in- that even at 6’2” I can’t reach my tools and have to climb in the bed of the truck to get.
4. Possibly a Lock’r Down Console Vault- still trying to decide if I want to go this route.

8AEAC8CB-BA57-4649-A8DF-F2A2F4405250.pngD189B83C-B4EA-489C-9EDB-DEEEB8819514.jpeg2E42598A-D372-4D3B-A7A9-2CF8BBC11C85.jpeg

Buppies

Reaction score
Wish I could have locking console safe but will not work in mine. Great ideas for others

jpidgie

Reaction score
I’ve been eyeballin that console safe too, just not a fan of how much space it occupies. Plus, I wish they had a biometric option!

For me:

Onboard air / train horns - still deciding on a compressor & tank combo.

Baha Designs ONX 6 or rigid midnight edition 20” for between the tow hooks

Carli sway bar

Maybe a titan 52g fuel tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBookless

Reaction score
I love my Decked. I have SDHQ A-pillar mounts and some more Baja Designs lights coming this week. Will be getting those put on this weekend.

.genomer

Reaction score
I've been waiting on a backordered 3rd brake light for over a month. Direct replacement running lamps with integrated brake lights, cargo illumination and two Aux switched BD amber rear-facing work lights. I opted out of the high point antenna but plan to run the cargo camera through the center of the assembly. If I ever get this damn thing...

99-06+Silverado+3rd+Brake+Light+(3).jpg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been waiting on a backordered 3rd brake light for over a month. Direct replacement running lamps with integrated brake lights, cargo illumination and two Aux switched BD amber rear-facing work lights. I opted out of the high point antenna but plan to run the cargo camera through the center of the assembly. If I ever get this damn thing...

View attachment 5616

Source?

Bugs me that the bed and cargo lights time out and can't be kept on longer - at least I haven't figured out how.

.genomer

Reaction score
Source?

Bugs me that the bed and cargo lights time out and can't be kept on longer - at least I haven't figured out how.

Evil Manufacturing

After extensive research, there are two companies that put out direct replacement products, however neither come with a cutout for trailer cams. Each require addons after the fact or modification of the current OEM camera (what I plan to do).

The second company (CJC Offroad retailer) is GJ Motorsports.
IMG_1585-1100x1100.jpg

I like the GJ Motorsport application, however these things are just so over priced and, without seeing comprehensive reviews of the product, I really gambled here.

.genomer

Reaction score
The 3rd brake light camera continued...
This could be a cool option with the GJ Motorsport light.

ahh_seh_vez

Reaction score
Just ordered:
Method Ram 315
Tazer/KaodTech

Next week or following:
35” Tires
Ceramic Tint

Little further out:
Diamondback cover
Yakima Overhaul (mounted
Thuren Front/Rear Track Bars

Still in debate:
Dual alternator or high capacity alternator
OBA - ARB hard mounted dual compressor, ARB single compressor in a box or Viair
Air Lift 5000

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
Lambo and SBookless where are/did you get your Decked? I’m trying to find a reasonable price on one but it seems they keep the price point at MSRP with no discounts. I’ve gotten some tips and followed up but no luck yet.

dragon_ram

Reaction score
I’ve been eyeballin that console safe too, just not a fan of how much space it occupies. Plus, I wish they had a biometric option!

For me:

Onboard air / train horns - still deciding on a compressor & tank combo.

Baha Designs ONX 6 or rigid midnight edition 20” for between the tow hooks

Carli sway bar

Maybe a titan 52g fuel tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you got any links to the train horn mod or fuel tank mod? Unless the tank is a drop into the bed...

SBookless

Reaction score
Lambo and SBookless where are/did you get your Decked? I’m trying to find a reasonable price on one but it seems they keep the price point at MSRP with no discounts. I’ve gotten some tips and followed up but no luck yet.
I had my eye on one and after purchasing my new Ram, a salesman happened to come by my office for a demo and he gave me a 25% off VIP card. I paid right at $1k. In my opinion it is totally worth the MSRP.

woody284

Reaction score
I have a Tradesman 1500 with chrome grille and bumpers. My next mods are going to be color matched (black) bumpers and adding oem fender flares.

now I have to decide to paint the chrome or find ones that are easier to paint. I would like to upgrade the headlights at some point.

jpidgie

Reaction score
you got any links to the train horn mod or fuel tank mod? Unless the tank is a drop into the bed...

Dragon - no, not yet. I want a high output compressor, maybe the ARB, a tank large enough to air up tires and run some occasional air tools. The horns will come down to installation location availability on the frame rails. I'm on the fence about locating the compressor, as I dont want to hear it, but want it protected from the elements. Living in Colorado, we have Mag-Chloride and snow to contend with.

LamboTexas

Reaction score
I’m just going to order my from Decked- free freight shipping. I can’t find a better deal either.

geektoad

Reaction score
tool box for bed of truck, currently looking at the UWS 48" under tonneau model in matte black.
led strips under the bed rails
additional backup lights, drawing inspiration from a post on here. Might have been 1FastHemi? corner lights and center light
black grille insert from a big horn. will keep the chrome RAM and accents on each side.
Not much else, this is just my tow pig, so everything is about doing that job.

Dr__Bob

Reaction score
Beech Lane Tailgate Ladder. I'm just a tad too old to hop in the bed anymore. I had a built-in ladder in my old F-250. That was nice, but it came out the back. The Beech Lane flips out to the side, which is nicer. It's pretty cheap, but the reviews on Amazon seem good. I just hope I don't hit any hidden wires in the high tech tailgate!

1FastHemi

Reaction score
tool box for bed of truck, currently looking at the UWS 48" under tonneau model in matte black.
led strips under the bed rails
additional backup lights, drawing inspiration from a post on here. Might have been 1FastHemi? corner lights and center light
black grille insert from a big horn. will keep the chrome RAM and accents on each side.
Not much else, this is just my tow pig, so everything is about doing that job.

Thanks for the comment !

Here are the links and pictures to what I used if you are interested, along with the new addition of the 2ea Tri-Row 48" LED Truck Tailgate Light Bar mounted inside the upper rear window.

1ea - VLEDS 1800lm 5500K White LP-Reverse License Plate Backup Light System Black Satin Finish 72 LED. VERY BRIGHT !
2ea - total of 4 - 7030 Waterproof Car Styling SMD Daytime Running Light 14 LEDs Car DRL Led Strip. These come over on the slow boat from China
2ea - TRI-ROW 48" Truck Tailgate Light Bar W/ LED Brake, Running, Reverse, Sequential Turn Signals - NO DRILL

Here is a link to my YouTube video page if you want to see the lights in action.

Attachments

• 20200707_191442.jpg
    20200707_191442.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 20200707_191428.jpg
    20200707_191428.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 20200707_191415.jpg
    20200707_191415.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 20200707_191344.jpg
    20200707_191344.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 20200707_191354.jpg
    20200707_191354.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

geektoad

Reaction score
Thanks for the comment !

Here are the links and pictures to what I used if you are interested, along with the new addition of the 2ea Tri-Row 48" LED Truck Tailgate Light Bar mounted inside the upper rear window.

1ea - VLEDS 1800lm 5500K White LP-Reverse License Plate Backup Light System Black Satin Finish 72 LED. VERY BRIGHT !
2ea - total of 4 - 7030 Waterproof Car Styling SMD Daytime Running Light 14 LEDs Car DRL Led Strip. These come over on the slow boat from China
2ea - TRI-ROW 48" Truck Tailgate Light Bar W/ LED Brake, Running, Reverse, Sequential Turn Signals - NO DRILL

Here is a link to my YouTube video page if you want to see the lights in action.
Right on, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread