Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are people using for leveling/lift kits?

Verado300

Reaction score
I ran 37s on my 16 PW. Obviously wasn’t fitting underneath. So I got a 285/75/17 (~34”) on the steel wheel for underneath all the time. Then strapped a matching wheel/37 in the bed when off-roading or trips.

Plan would be to put the small one on the front (RF preferred) to get home if needed.

Definitely a pain taking up all that room and a big reason why I’m really trying to keep the new diesel smaller.
My factory spare under the bed is a 285-60. I think I will just use that. If I have a flat on the rear, I will pull one of the fronts off and put it on the rear, and use the 285 on the front. I think that would get me home or to a tire shop for a repair. I don't think I want a full size 37 taking up most of my bed, and I'd have to move it to use the gooseneck..pita.

RPS1030

Reaction score
My factory spare under the bed is a 285-60. I think I will just use that. If I have a flat on the rear, I will pull one of the fronts off and put it on the rear, and use the 285 on the front. I think that would get me home or to a tire shop for a repair. I don't think I want a full size 37 taking up most of my bed, and I'd have to move it to use the gooseneck..pita.

Yeah, between the PW coming with 285/75/17 (almost a 33), plus selling all 5 before getting a cheap/free 34; it's what I went with.

Cordless Impact ftw on dealing with tires on the road.

Dwilly

Reaction score
You guys are making me very jealous with your lifted leveled rigs! So I have 2200km on mine after 4 weeks of ownership and avg fuel economy is 11.3L per 100km. How bad will it get with 35s and then again with 37s? Standard 3.73 rear end. My wife will lose her **** of it ends up going to 14L per hundred. 13 I could sell lol. Any info will help. I'm very ginger on the throttle. Thanks fellas.

@JC

Reaction score
Must be a Cummins, not going to be getting anywhere close to that with a Hemi gasser.

BTW, my 35" Nitto Ridge Grappler spare fits in the stock spare location. Had to use a floor jack to get it up in there but it fits and comes out fairly easy if I ever need it.

blu3s94

Reaction score
Do you like the Thuren Coil? I am thinking of getting these. I have the stock Bilsteins with the Off Road Group so I didn't want to lose them and get a full setup, and I didn't want a spacer. I figured adding the coil to my Bilsteins was the best method..
I too have the off road package, can you just get longer thuren coils and reuse the bilsteins??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

PGHChris81

Reaction score
I too have the off road package, can you just get longer thuren coils and reuse the bilsteins??

I ended up emailing Thuren and they told me that you could, but the shock rate was not compatible with the aftermarket spring. It would be much bouncier than stock, so it's a preference thing at that point, but it will work.

GTMF

Reaction score
What are you guys thinking about Ready lift SST 3/1? If i pair them with fox 2.0 shocks and bds track bar?

blu3s94

Reaction score
I ended up emailing Thuren and they told me that you could, but the shock rate was not compatible with the aftermarket spring. It would be much bouncier than stock, so it's a preference thing at that point, but it will work.
Ok thanks. I wonder if anyone else has tried and could comment on the ride.

I was looking at using the Thuren 2" level springs on my 6.4 hemi, reusing the bilstein shocks and going with a rough country adjustable track bar.

PGHChris81

Reaction score

I was looking at using the Thuren 2" level springs on my 6.4 hemi, reusing the bilstein shocks and going with a rough country adjustable track bar.

I actually had the same intention of exactly that, so I contacted them to ask. I might just get the 1.75 ReadyLift spacer and be done.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score

this is exactly what I did.. rides fabulous, you'll love it.

Squatch

Reaction score
I did the 2” Zone off-road leveling kit. Bought some shock extension for the stock shocks. I figure I will wear those out and buy some longer shocks down the road. I have the rough country adjustable track bar. The truck sits perfect for my taste and ride is stock. Just can’t wait to burn through these stock tires so I can put something more substantial under it. 9912E31C-4971-46F6-8BF4-1075245449E9.jpeg

BUzzard

Reaction score
What are you guys thinking about Ready lift SST 3/1? If i pair them with fox 2.0 shocks and bds track bar?
I have that kit on my 3500. I had it installed back in December, and have Bilstein shocks on mine. I wanted Fox shocks, but back when I was looking it wasn’t too clear which part number to buy. I am happy with the ride quality with the Bilsteins, and the Fox would be even better. This kit, no matter the shocks won’t have the quality of a Carli system, but for the money, the setup you have listed should work out real well. I am going to add a new track bar on mine very soon...

Cummins3

Reaction score
Scramhd what size tires and rims? And what's the height of overall truck ground to sharkfin??

SCRAMHD

Reaction score
Scramhd what size tires and rims? And what's the height of overall truck ground to sharkfin??
37x12.50 on 20x9 trail ready HD20’s.
12.50’s were a miscommunication, will he found 13.50 next set of tires.

DieselScott

Reaction score
Thuren all day!
2.75”/1” King 3.0/2.5
View attachment 4496
That's the setup I'm looking to get. I'm just hoping the 37's and 1" rear lift won't put me too rear high for my 5th wheel. I can shorten the gooseneck adapter, which will level the trailer more but that will just put the bed rails even closer.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
98620e7f985c5e3a9737b259b1a7d865.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread