Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are people using for leveling/lift kits?

BUzzard

Reaction score
get the rough country bar. easiest adjustment.
That’s probably the one I will go for. I haven’t heard anything bad about it. Do you know the factory torque specs on the bolts? The instructions (on the website at least) say to torque to factory specs, and I can’t seem to find those when I do a search......

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
i thought it was something crazy, 150ftlbs or something. i just made sure it was super tight. i've checked it a few
times and it's solid.

Cummins3

Reaction score
Those of you that have installed a lift if possible can we get a overall height measurement. Ground to sharkfin? And your setup: what lift, tires, wheel, combo, air ride or not

RamGuy84

Reaction score
So I had originally ordered the Carli leveling kit. The shop that I used was able to get me the 3.25” kit instead or order it I should say. I have the appointment for May 6th pending I get my rims and tires by then. Yes I’m keeping my Ram, no Ford! I can’t break tradition!

Verado300

Reaction score
BDS now has their 4" lift kits out for the 2019-20 Ram 3500 swd. They have adjustable track bars for an additional cost. I talked to them this week on the availability on their 6" kits, and he told me hopefully by mid summer.

RamGuy84

Reaction score
BDS now has their 4" lift kits out for the 2019-20 Ram 3500 swd. They have adjustable track bars for an additional cost. I talked to them this week on the availability on their 6" kits, and he told me hopefully by mid summer.
I did look into this, but I just trust Carli more and assume a better ride.

Cummins3

Reaction score
Park.. is your air ride or coil rear.... Do u have better pics truck looks good what's the total/max height of ur truck

Parkerlouis13

Reaction score
Park.. is your air ride or coil rear.... Do u have better pics truck looks good what's the total/max height of ur truck
I have coil rear. My measurements were around 43 inches to the middle of the fender lip when I had the stock wheels. I don't have many pics of my truck but I did take this one during the day after driving around Baja Mexico in the rain.20200310_083557.jpg

Cummins3

Reaction score
Sharp....What's the height from ground to tip of sharkfin.

Verado300

Reaction score
I did an ICON 4 1/2" lift for my factory air ride Limited. Fuel Sledge 20" +20 offset with 37x 12 Ridge Grapplers. I did the Stage 4 Kit with front and rear track bars. No cutting/ trimming - very slight rubs at fuel lock due to Grappler sidelugs. Used Hypertech tuner to reset tire size. No Codes or issues. Factory air ride funtions as normal. Rides much better than stock. I got tired of waiting on the other guys: lifts for factory air ride must be the last on their lists.View attachment 3388View attachment 3389View attachment 3390View attachment 3391View attachment 3392
What are you doing for a spare tire? I have heard it is not good for the rear axle to use a smaller, like the OEM, tire. On my 3500, there is no way a 37 tire would fit under the bed, so I would just have to keep it in the bed. If I kept it at home and needed it, there is no way my wife could pick it up and put it in her vehicle. Or, just take a chance and not worry about having a flat. Over the last 20 years or more, I have never had a flat on any of my trucks that have had the E rated tires/10 ply.

Vorlac

Reaction score
What are you doing for a spare tire? I have heard it is not good for the rear axle to use a smaller, like the OEM, tire. On my 3500, there is no way a 37 tire would fit under the bed, so I would just have to keep it in the bed. If I kept it at home and needed it, there is no way my wife could pick it up and put it in her vehicle. Or, just take a chance and not worry about having a flat. Over the last 20 years or more, I have never had a flat on any of my trucks that have had the E rated tires/10 ply.
I'm just chancing it for now. I carried a 37" spare around mounted to the bed floor with a Fabtech mount in several of my trucks and never had to use them. Just winging it for now, but I might do it again.

Squatch

Reaction score
One warning, I was looking at the BDS adjustable track bar, I think I had found it on amazon and there were several pictures of bars where the eyelets broke off leading to complete loss of the track bar which could be a deadly situation. I went with the rough country on my 3500 and I really like it.

RPS1030

Reaction score

I ran 37s on my 16 PW. Obviously wasn’t fitting underneath. So I got a 285/75/17 (~34”) on the steel wheel for underneath all the time. Then strapped a matching wheel/37 in the bed when off-roading or trips.

Plan would be to put the small one on the front (RF preferred) to get home if needed.

Definitely a pain taking up all that room and a big reason why I’m really trying to keep the new diesel smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread