Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

weather App

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
Hello,

Is your vehicle equipped with connected services? Do you have an active subscription with SXM? Please send us a PM if you wish to discuss this further

William
Ram Cares
PM sent

mikef

Reaction score
if i may ask what does ram connect services have to do with a paid service thru sxm???

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
if i may ask what does ram connect services have to do with a paid service thru sxm???
Because for the 2022+ UC5, SiriusXM doesn’t have anything to do with traffic/weather, or connected services anymore. It’s all handled by ram connect now, and you need to have an active ram Connect subscription to have the weather app work.
AC604606-0270-423A-8730-3213275C6597.jpeg

mikef

Reaction score
now thats utter ******** i have to pay for ram connect and sxm services !!!

mikef

Reaction score
then why does sxm charge for the weather app that you say is now part of ram connect?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
then why does sxm charge for the weather app that you say is now part of ram connect?
Can you show us on your SiriusXM bill where you are paying for a Travel Link subscription for a 2022 Ram with Uconnect 5 radio?

mikef

Reaction score
my sxm account on the ram website dashboard

Attachments

• sxm.jpg
    sxm.jpg
    799.7 KB · Views: 43

Jimmy07

Reaction score
my sxm account on the ram website dashboard
I can’t see how they even let you subscribe to travel link, because the UC5 radio isn’t capable of it.
I can’t even get to a page to even view the prices of travel link packages if I enter my vehicle info:
6CAE092E-3FED-46BA-B68D-6B6D71986E41.jpeg

Here’s a 2021 build sheet when they used UC4 radios that were capable of travel link and Sirius guardian and it’s included subscriptions:
9E86E7DC-2FE3-43E2-86FF-0E4267247998.jpeg

Here’s a 2022 build sheet when they started using UC5, and did away with Sirius guardian and travel link, and switched to connected services for weather and traffic:
EF769CC5-2F86-4D7D-8A5F-82B570CF4A49.jpeg

Pearce

Reaction score

Jimmy07

Reaction score
The below site suggests both services exist. But I've since found the part of the website that says it's Tomtom https://www.ramtrucks.com/uconnect/systems/2022/UBQ.html My XM bill doesn't say anything about travel link .

View attachment 49822

View attachment 49823
Those are all crammed together to cover all radios for 2022 (remember- there is still a 2022/2023 ram classic that still uses Uconnect 4), and in that link, as you scroll, when you get to the Sirius traffic and travel link descriptions, the images change to show the 2022 ram classic UC4 radio.
5C74C355-8901-4FC4-AA1D-53A881B78C8E.jpeg

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
So let me get this straight, Ram highly increases the prices of these trucks, decreases SXM service from 12 months to 6 months all the while removing SXM Guarding and pushing travel and weather to TomTom so we have to pay Ram for a connected service monthly just to get traffic flow and weather. I like how in almost all documentation from Ram it says nothing about having a account with Connected Services Subscriptions to use the weather App or traffic flow services after the 6 month trial expires that I could find.

NO thanks Ram and you can keep your useless app that hardly ever worked during the 6 month trial when I did try it and traffic flow never worked, I will just use my phone for that stuff for free and just pay SXM for my music. BTW the fuel prices in your area what a joke, you think they could at least put a selection for Diesel in the screen along with the 3 gas selections

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
If I was shopping for a 2022+ Ram with Uconnect 5, there is actually no documentation that I can find that would lead me to believe that traffic and weather is not a paid connected service, or that it would be a part of the Sirius XM radio subscription. There is, however, plenty of info that would lead me to believe that I would have to have a paid ram connect subscription once the trial expires in order to use weather and traffic:
AAD1E4FB-31BA-4BB4-B95F-B2625D0D5E91.jpeg

F595FE89-FC12-4BE1-AC4F-A4305CFF280A.jpeg

2200437E-A59D-49FC-AD2D-F647B2126CE8.jpeg

051D3526-462C-487F-A6BC-B457A241D2D2.jpeg

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 It does not matter how free the first 6 months trial is as the weather app worked maybe 3 times in the first 6 months of ownership no matter how many times I tried to use it and the traffic flow has never worked and yes before you ask, I have show traffic flow selected in settings.

I see these as useless apps that I will never pay for that should be included in the price we pay for the UC5 12.1" radio that was included in UC4 if you had a SXM subscription. So going forward I will just continue to just use my phone for traffic flow and weather that's part of my phone service and not give Ram another dime. I'm paying enough in constant regens lately on this 2022 let alone pay for another service that is a swing and a miss with the UC5.

jsalbre

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 It does not matter how free the first 6 months trial is as the weather app worked maybe 3 times in the first 6 months of ownership no matter how many times I tried to use it and the traffic flow has never worked and yes before you ask, I have show traffic flow selected in settings.

I see these as useless apps that I will never pay for that should be included in the price we pay for the UC5 12.1" radio that was included in UC4 if you had a SXM subscription. So going forward I will just continue to just use my phone for traffic flow and weather that's part of my phone service and not give Ram another dime. I'm paying enough in constant regens lately on this 2022 let alone pay for another service that is a swing and a miss with the UC5.
While I don't disagree with your sentiment, to clarify the traffic and weather (and other data) that was available on UC4 wasn't part of your SiriusXM radio subscription, it was part of the 5 year trial to SiriusXM TravellLink. Once that trial expired it would have been a separate charge for that service, in addition to SiriusXM Radio, and in addition to SiriusXM Guardian (the tracking and remote start services).

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 I was not trying to bash on you for providing the info from Ram, just more frustrated that Ram forced the weather and traffic over to TomTom and to a paid service thru Ram after the 6 month trial all the while neither one of those apps ever worked on my 2022. When I tried the weather app I was usually greeted with An error occurred Please try again later during the 6 month trial. I guess that's why all the software updates for UC5 over the first year to fix stuff like apps not working for early buyers and apps not working like they should of from the start.

Last edited:

mikef

Reaction score
my sticker says different

Attachments

• WindowStickerPDF.pdf
    74.4 KB · Views: 32

g00fy

Reaction score
Just Incase people are still having problems with the weather app/radar not working. They finally released a weather radar app for Android auto that probably works better than the Uconnect radar.

Even though the Uconnect radar kinda sucked and rarely worked, I still missed it when I lost it, it did come in handy in road trips, when it worked...

The app can be downloaded from the Google play store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.wetteronline.wetterapp

The only thing the Uconnect radar has over this, is that the Uconnect radar does full screen. However when Uconnect finally releases the update and enables full screen AA that'll be a moot point.

PXL_20230213_033146048~2.jpg

Last edited:

JanixRubi

Reaction score
Hey there! I saw your post about connected services for vehicles and SXM subscriptions. I don't personally have those, but I'm curious - do those services include features like Current Weather updates and forecasts? That would be super handy to have while on the road.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread