Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

weather App

24carm

Reaction score
Is weather app part of the paid subscription. Mine has never worked and i have the latest U connect update?

waveslayer

Reaction score
Same here, it has never worked

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Pearce

Reaction score
I wanna say it's associated with Sirius XM. I have all that stuff active currently with the free trial and is working.

mikef

Reaction score
having the same isssue ram has no idea what the problem is

kennelpj

Reaction score
I wanna say it's associated with Sirius XM. I have all that stuff active currently with the free trial and is working.
I pay for XM and have never had the weather app work

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
I have a paid subscription with XM as well and it only worked maybe 9 months ago for a few times then nothing, all I get is An error occurred Please try again later.

What's the point of having a weather app that never works. I'm currently running S26.17 and I thought the newest update may have fixed it but not so much.

IMG_7182.JPG

Last edited:

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
@RamCares, care to weigh in here? This seems like something that someone should be looking into.
Yes it would be great if @RamCares would weigh in on this as the weather app has not worked on my truck in 9 months on my 2022 3500 even after all the software updates to s26.17

Last edited:

Xflight29

Reaction score
Mine works, but it takes for ever for the map to upload any storms.

Pearce

Reaction score
This probably doesn't solve any problems but this is from the Ram Uconnect Website.

SIRIUSXM® TRAVEL LINK
With available SiriusXM® Travel Link, get detailed weather information including 5-day forecasts, weather maps and severe storm alerts, plus fuel prices in your local area, movie theater listings and sports scores for your favorite teams. Now you can stay in the know while you’re on the road.

For me the 5 day works better than the radar. Radar is slow sometimes fast others. Have now had a couple times where the radar won't connect. Don't get me started on the latest software update for Uconnect 5, I'd rather go back to the one that came loaded. That will be in the other thread.

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
I found this today at https://siriusxmdealer.com/ram/

Select MY 2022 new vehicles equipped with navigation systems will also receive a 5-year trial subscription to SiriusXM Traffic Plus and Travel Link. We should be seeing the weather map with the 5-year trial subscription with the UC5 12" screen.

SiriusXM Traffic Plus and Travel Link.JPG

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
I feel ignorant. What is an “MY” code and how do I know if I can get in on this 5 year free deal? Thanks.

Select MY 2022 new vehicles equipped with navigation systems will also receive a 5-year trial subscription to SiriusXM Traffic Plus and Travel Link. We should be seeing the weather map with the 5-year trial subscription with the UC5 12" screen.

View attachment 49374

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
I feel ignorant. What is an “MY” code and how do I know if I can get in on this 5 year free deal? Thanks.
"MY" stands for Model Year of truck MY22 is a 2022 model. If your truck has the 12.0" or 8.4" with Nav it should have the SiriusXM Traffic Plus and Travel Link according to Ram's brochure posted above in my thread.

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
"MY" stands for Model Year of truck MY22 is a 2022 model. If your truck has the 12.0" or 8.4" with Nav it should have the SiriusXM Traffic Plus and Travel Link according to Ram's brochure posted above in my thread.
Thanks. Will check it out. I have a 22 with a 12” screen - didn’t want to pay for Sirius but a 5 year free deal sounds good!

kennelpj

Reaction score

View attachment 49374
I, like many others, have never been able to open the weather app. Has anyone successfully used the traffic/travel service? I have the option selected to view traffic flow in the nav settings. But I have not seen any sort of traffic represented on the screen. My last GMC used colors on the nav screen to show traffic so I have a general idea of how it should look. But I get nothing on the 12" screen

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Yes it would be great if @RamCares would weigh in on this as the weather app has not worked on my truck in 9 months on my 2022 3500 even after all the software updates to s26.17
Hello,

Is your vehicle equipped with connected services? Do you have an active subscription with SXM? Please send us a PM if you wish to discuss this further

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread