Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warning light with I/C Coolant Low on the Info Display on Cummins

Darmichar

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen this? It has happened twice for me, both times the truck was parked at a slight angle, after just starting the truck. Once the truck runs for a few minutes, the light goes out.
I have not checked the coolant level, yet. Wanted to ask here before I went on a wild goose chase.
Is I/C intercooler?

DammitDave

Reaction score
Not sure what the I/C stands for but yes it's low coolant. Myself and many others have seen this, usually after the first couple of hundred miles of being new. Mostly likely, what we have all found is your a little low on coolant, possibly from an air pocket that was trapped in the engine and finally escaped. Seems if you just top it off with a quart or two it goes away and stays away. I personally did not want to go an entire gallon of Mopar coolant to match the OE so I just topped it off with a little distilled water, didn't affect my cold temp rating with the small amount it took.

Darmichar

Reaction score
Not sure what the I/C stands for but yes it's low coolant. Myself and many others have seen this, usually after the first couple of hundred miles of being new. Mostly likely, what we have all found is your a little low on coolant, possibly from an air pocket that was trapped in the engine and finally escaped. Seems if you just top it off with a quart or two it goes away and stays away. I personally did not want to go an entire gallon of Mopar coolant to match the OE so I just topped it off with a little distilled water, didn't affect my cold temp rating with the small amount it took.
Ok, thanks for the reply. That's what I figured but the I/C part threw me.

Darmichar

Reaction score
Engine apparently worked some bubbles out of the system and is now low.
Called around and nowhere near me has Mopar coolant in stock.
Anyone know if there is an aftermarket equivalent of the 68153921AA coolant that can be mixed with the factory fill without issue?

DammitDave

Reaction score
I just topped my off with distilled water, only took about a quart and didin't change my freeze level.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Shell Rotella Ultra ELC concentrate is what I use
Also:
Zerex Extended Life Red Heavy Duty (HD) Antifreeze/Coolant
or
Fleetguard OAT

Thorvald

Reaction score
Interesting mine just started doing this today. I picked up a jug of coolant just in case but I’ll check the levels and see what’s going on.

Users who are viewing this thread