Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to install the Mini Floor Console from the 13-18 trucks

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
It was standard on Tradesman. Even the autos. Just like the RamBins were in the back floor.

This is one of my biggest disappointments in the 2019+ HeftyDuty

Sure it is an easy fix...but aggravating all the same.

Even the Powerwagon doesnt get it...annoying.

But now the Powerwagon gets the console and buckets and the knob 4x4 selector. Annoying. But many people want it. So RAM obliged and gave it

Just seems silly to omit them...when for 9 years they were standard and the cabs did not change

farmallboy

Stump Killer
Reaction score
As others have mentioned. If nobody can sit there, give us some sort of storage/divider area down there.

Or a couple of 5/16[10mm] studs and let us easily mount custom brackets/consoles!!

teachr4199

Reaction score
It was standard on Tradesman. Even the autos. Just like the RamBins were in the back floor.

This is one of my biggest disappointments in the 2019+ HeftyDuty

Sure it is an easy fix...but aggravating all the same.

Even the Powerwagon doesnt get it...annoying.

But now the Powerwagon gets the console and buckets and the knob 4x4 selector. Annoying. But many people want it. So RAM obliged and gave it

Just seems silly to omit them...when for 9 years they were standard and the cabs did not change
Isn't the 75th anniversary P/W the only one who gets the center console? The rest still get the jump seat.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't the 75th anniversary P/W the only one who gets the center console? The rest still get the jump seat.
Yes.

The regular Powerwagon no longer gets the floor console this thread is about.

But now they gave the powerwagon the center console and buckets with the 75th Ann. Edition.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Did they ever make a floor console for the electronic shift 4x4? I like this idea even if i have to use a piece of something to plug the shifter hole

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Did they ever make a floor console for the electronic shift 4x4? I like this idea even if i have to use a piece of something to plug the shifter hole
Not to my knowledge

But I did just notice one in a Laramie. Can not locate a good pic though

Last edited:

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20201228-163740.png

You can get a block off cover. It just looked different in the tan.

So yes. You could order the parts listed here and then also get the block off plate.

Cool.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
part delivered. need to clean it up and giturdun.

the 2nd pic is the part #, I believe, for the square hole cover.

Attachments

• 20201230_123245.jpg
    20201230_123245.jpg
    909.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 20201230_123300.jpg
    20201230_123300.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 57

Chrisminx

Reaction score
The round spot in the bottom center used to house a removable ash tray with cover. I used to put extra loose change and fuses in mine.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Not to derail, but I was looking at the jump seat swap in the interior section and noticed the upper trims with bench seats get a storage compartment where the tradesman gets a hole. I had no idea I needed this until I saw it. small_DSC00197.JPG

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
the back two screws line up. I didn't use the last one. it fits tight enough not to need it.

el_barto

Reaction score
Not to derail, but I was looking at the jump seat swap in the interior section and noticed the upper trims with bench seats get a storage compartment where the tradesman gets a hole. I had no idea I needed this until I saw it. View attachment 9904
Hmm interesting. I wonder if it would fit with a manual tcase or if the shifter is in the way

also now that I have the floor console it might be a headache having to move things out of the way to open the drawer

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
you know I didn't get a pic of the part number. search floor shifter console on eBay and you'll see them. don't pay list for any of them. make a low ball offer first.

pacu44

Reaction score
ordered all the parts for this on Feb 15 2022. Parts came in. will attempt install this afternoon. any watchouts not listed here are appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread