Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Version 24.13 Uconnect 5 12” running list of bugs

Zeus2018

Reaction score
Would be nice to have a thread specific to a version so users can see if whichever bug they are experiencing has already been reported or observed.

I’d don’t want this to become a bashing thread as I love my 22’ and it’s 12” screen, and I also have the patience to allow the software engineers to get it all worked out.

It seems this would also be a great spot for Ramcare to take notice

Here’s what I’ve observed:

1. CarPlay occasionally loses connectivity, and then shortly after reconnects

2. CarPlay sometimes will not connect at all.

3. On occasion I get a random reboot while driving.

4. Uconnect screen fails to power on during the ignition of my truck. To fix this I have to just hit the power button and it fires right up. This did not used to happen and now it does every time I turn the truck on. It also appears a factory reset may have fixed this issue. Not sure if temporary or not yet.

5. On occasion iPhone notifications will cause audio to become tinny sounding as a as though all audio is coming out of one of the small tweeter style speakers only.

6. Temp display randomly disappears from top of screen.

7. Android phone’s randomly disconnecting/re-connecting

8. Volume maxed out on startup without input from user

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zeus2018

Reaction score
Bueller? Bueller?

Any other bugs that haven’t been listed?

d_adams02

Reaction score
Would be nice to have a thread specific to a version so users can see if whichever bug they are experiencing has already been reported or observed.

I’d don’t want this to become a bashing thread as I love my 22’ and it’s 12” screen, and I also have the patience to allow the software engineers to get it all worked out.

4. Uconnect screen fails to power on during the ignition of my truck. To fix this I have to just hit the power button and it fires right up. This did not used to happen and now it does every time I turn the truck on. It also appears a factory reset may have fixed this issue. Not sure if temporary or not yet.

5. On occasion iPhone notifications will cause audio to become tinny sounding as a as though all audio is coming out of one of the small tweeter style speakers only.

I am dealing with the same bugs with mine. It is annoying as hell. I have an android and it constantly does the disconnect/reconnect game. In addition twice now I have turned my truck on and the button tone was maxed out volume-wise. Had to reset it to get it to stop.

Zeus2018

Reaction score
I am dealing with the same bugs with mine. It is annoying as hell. I have an android and it constantly does the disconnect/reconnect game. In addition twice now I have turned my truck on and the button tone was maxed out volume-wise. Had to reset it to get it to stop.
Bugs added to the list, thanks!

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
@RamCares any updates coming soon to address these bugs?
Zeus2018,

The S24.13 is the latest update available at this time, our technical team is currently working on an enhanced software which should be released in the upcoming months/soon.

William
Ram Cares

Clarence007

Reaction score
I'm finding that navigation in Northern BC is very bad with my new 12 inch screen. It lists my usual 4 hour trip as over 7 hours. (all paved roads) . Anyone else having problems with the Navigation?

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I'm finding that navigation in Northern BC is very bad with my new 12 inch screen. It lists my usual 4 hour trip as over 7 hours. (all paved roads) . Anyone else having problems with the Navigation?
Hello Clarence007,

Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

mlink

Reaction score
The interaction with the UC5 and the Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TTPMS) Configuration is disabled on many UC5 12" systems . During the TTPMS Configuration on the UC5 - where you set the pressure and register all the sensors, the configuration completes successfully and displays the trailer tires pressure in the drivers info screens. Later, when you turn the ignition off and restart - the UC5 loses the entire configuration and you are back to fresh configuration again. There are currently STAR cases regarding this issue.

This is a completely different problem from the "range issue" that prevents registering the TTPMS sensors while the trailer tires are mounted on the trailer - depending on distance from rear bumper to tires (Utility Trailers - OK; 5th Wheel Trailers - N/G).

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score

How do you perform factory reset?

ColoMtn

Reaction score
Zeus2018,

The S24.13 is the latest update available at this time, our technical team is currently working on an enhanced software which should be released in the upcoming months/soon.

William
Ram Cares
Any plans to bring new features to to uConnect 4.5? Such as full screen Apple CarPlay?

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Any plans to bring new features to to uConnect 4.5? Such as full screen Apple CarPlay?
Hi ColoMtn,

We have not been advised of full screen capabilities at this time, however, we certainly ensure your feedback is directed towards the proper internal teams for. Additionally, Apple continues to provide details on upcoming enhancements on their official site HERE

Steph
Ram Cares

c141flyer

Reaction score

My 2022 Ram 2500 12" uConnect does not display fuel prices anymore. When it did show fuel prices, it would only allow selection of regular, mid or premium, but no diesel. Since it is a Diesel truck, diesel is preferred (Duh) :). It would occasionally show diesel randomly leaving house in morning. Then it would revert back to gas prices... as of today ( 15 Nov 2022) no more fuel prices, or weather or traffic. Maybe related to recently failed access to internet.

Zeus2018

Reaction score
My 2022 Ram 2500 12" uConnect does not display fuel prices anymore. When it did show fuel prices, it would only allow selection of regular, mid or premium, but no diesel. Since it is a Diesel truck, diesel is preferred (Duh) :). It would occasionally show diesel randomly leaving house in morning. Then it would revert back to gas prices... as of today ( 15 Nov 2022) no more fuel prices, or weather or traffic. Maybe related to recently failed access to internet.

I’ll try and remember to take a look at mine. I don’t even recall seeing diesel as an option. Would that be Uconnect or is it part of the Sirius package?

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score

I have FCA-MY22.S24.13-PROD

Today, my nav went metric. Yesterday and every day since I’ve had it, it’s been US (miles, gallons, etc). I reset “units” several times but it didn’t work. I’ve had a few trips today and I just went out to check version number for this post - and also checked the nav and it’s back to US settings.

I’m thinking the changes in “units” required the truck to be shut off and restarted to kick in. I could be wrong on that. But either way - why did it choose to switch?? Anyone else have this?

NowARAMGuy

Reaction score
I’ll try and remember to take a look at mine. I don’t even recall seeing diesel as an option. Would that be Uconnect or is it part of the Sirius package?
I believe that the fuel app is part of the SiriusXM "Travel Link" package. I got a 5 year subscription with my original purchase.

MI RAM

Reaction score
Mine will randomly disconnect my iPhone, and "sometimes" reconnect.

Sometimes the presets will include AM stations and sometimes not.

Also, I don't understand why the Waze map in only available in full screen mode, not 1/2 screen.

MI RAM

Reaction score
How do we know what "version" we currently have?

Users who are viewing this thread