Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utah Bound

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
All loaded up and heading out in the morning for Moab for a week then Sand Hollow for a week..
1800 miles from here in WV to Moab, let's hope the Aisin holds up... 5000 miles on the truck so far and no issues yet, just did the first oil change.View attachment 54895

Safe travels, that's a long drive to play in the sandbox!!

John Jensen

Reaction score
I see you joined in 2020 so I'll assume your truck is a 2020. As far as I know, the 2020s don't have Aisin problems. I have a 2020 and I love my HO & Aisin.
Moab is beautiful country and full of trails of various difficulties. My son trips there every year for Jeeping the hardest trails and rock crawling. If you haven't been there before you are in for a real treat. I see you have a couple of the right toys, you will have a great time, enjoy!

tchur1

Reaction score
I see you joined in 2020 so I'll assume your truck is a 2020. As far as I know, the 2020s don't have Aisin problems. I have a 2020 and I love my HO & Aisin.
Moab is beautiful country and full of trails of various difficulties. My son trips there every year for Jeeping the hardest trails and rock crawling. If you haven't been there before you are in for a real treat. I see you have a couple of the right toys, you will have a great time, enjoy!
If I have followed correctly, OP used to have a 2020 SRW but recently upgraded to a 2022 DRW with the AISIN so he's susceptible to failure. Fingers crossed for the trip! Moab is awesome.

RPS1030

Reaction score
Good timing, got almost a foot of snow a week ago. Hour from Sand Hollow.

John Jensen

Reaction score
If I have followed correctly, OP used to have a 2020 SRW but recently upgraded to a 2022 DRW with the AISIN so he's susceptible to failure. Fingers crossed for the trip! Moab is awesome.
Thanks, I tried to determine what he was driving but couldn't. Yep, he's definitely susceptible to a clip failure.

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
Well, 5300 miles round trip to Moab \ Sand Hollow was a success and the Aisin is still working :)
The truck now has 9400 miles on it and everything performed good, I averaged about 11 mpg on the trip pulling the trailer (heavy 14k hydraulic tail) with 2 SxSs loaded and the bed full.
The Uconnect is kind of glitchy but over all worked pretty good, the biggest issue was with the trailer TPMS which worked great once you got it working but everytime you shut the truck off it lost the pressure threshold and had to be re-entered, sometimes it would pick the sensors right up and sometimes I would need to switch trailers in the Uconnect and then go back to my trailer and it would start working, once it recognized the sensors it worked perfect until you shut it off again.
Tomorrow I'm going to pick up my new Toy Hauler which has a dry weight of 15,000 lbs, the dealership is only 10 miles from my house so hopefully I make it back home with it lol :) then I get to install the TPMS sensors in the those tires and work on installing the digital rear view trailer camera and surround view trailer cameras.

Users who are viewing this thread