Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upfitter switch

jg24fan

Reaction score
Hello all,
I’m new to forums and last week I bit the bullet and bought a new 2500. It’s my first brand new truck and my first RAM.

Anyway the trucks upfitter switch connectors are in the engine bay. I was wondering if any of y’all knew of a way to get the wires through the engine bay and into the cab for a visor light/deck light without having to drill holes.

I know on my previous F250 it had a rubber grommet in the firewall on the passenger side but i was just curious if anyone else had any suggestions or ideas on how to get those wires inside for the lights.

Thanks in advance!

John Jensen

Reaction score
I see you are new.
If you do a search or look at the above Sticky "Aux Switches" you'll find your answer and much more.

Will_T

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of y’all knew of a way to get the wires through the engine bay and into the cab for a visor light/deck light without having to drill holes.

I would start by reading through this long thread: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/aux-pass-thru-wiring.2936/

I recently did this and really had to attack the learning curve aggressively as I had never even read an automotive electrical schematic before. This is really one of those things where I can honestly say that if I did it, anyone can. Just takes a lot of going over the various posts here and the schematics.

jg24fan

Reaction score

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
What year?

The 2020 has a single pass-thru circuit you can bring back into the cab. The 2021 has that 1 + 3 new ones added for 2021.

There's also a jumper that gets BAT+ and IGN+ to the rear frame that you can tap into.

The thread referenced, though a long read, is probably the best to get very familiar with. The later posts cover the circuits on the 21 trucks.

jg24fan

Reaction score
What year?

The 2020 has a single pass-thru circuit you can bring back into the cab. The 2021 has that 1 + 3 new ones added for 2021.

There's also a jumper that gets BAT+ and IGN+ to the rear frame that you can tap into.

The thread referenced, though a long read, is probably the best to get very familiar with. The later posts cover the circuits on the 21 trucks.
Thank you. It’s a 2021

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
That whole thread is a must read, but look at this post for info on the pass through circuits you have.

The connector that has the "new" circuits might be hiding.

There's also a large Dash Camera thread where the pass through is also discussed.

Users who are viewing this thread