Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated HDs are coming

Grey

Reaction score
well if the seat had a massage feature, I might not ever get out.

jebruns

Reaction score
Personally, I don't know how they could improve on my 22 2500 Ltd Longhorn interior. I never climb in and say "Man, I wish it xyz!". More like "Damn, this is a NICE truck!". But I know lots of folks are clamoring for an update, so it may drive some sales for Ram to do so.

I like the TFL guys, but regard some of the stuff they do as just driving traffic to their site/YT channel, which is understandable.

IPASooner

Reaction score
Personally, I don't know how they could improve on my 22 2500 Ltd Longhorn interior. I never climb in and say "Man, I wish it xyz!". More like "Damn, this is a NICE truck!". But I know lots of folks are clamoring for an update, so it may drive some sales for Ram to do so.

I like the TFL guys, but regard some of the stuff they do as just driving traffic to their site/YT channel, which is understandable.

I totally agree, my 2021 Power Wagon is the best truck I have ever had hands down and there is nothing on the market as of today that is compelling enough to make me trade it in. I feel like the competition in the HD segment has stepped up though so I am curious to see what RAM will do. My fear is they stop building the PW and just support the HD Rebels going forward as their HD off roader.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

Agree 98%. The front is fantastic on my 22 Laramie, especially with the seating for 6.

There are times a flat rear floor and behind rear seat storage would be nice.

My wife’s gladiator seats fold up and down, and that’s pretty sweet with the storage boxes they have behind the seat.

Not sure I want or need a longer truck, but I’m sure my kids wouldn’t complain about a little more rear seat room for the middle seat that would come with a slightly longer cab and a flat floor.

Enve46

Reaction score
Agree 98%. The front is fantastic on my 22 Laramie, especially with the seating for 6.

My wife’s gladiator seats fold up and down, and that’s pretty sweet with the storage boxes they have behind the seat.

Not sure I want or need a longer truck, but I’m sure my kids wouldn’t complain about a little more rear seat room for the middle seat that would come with a slightly longer cab and a flat floor.
The cab size is probably my only complaint. Having had a few TRXs it was nice having that extra room in the back. It’s not so fun having a toddler kick your seat on the daily commutes and trips hahahaha what’s crazy is the new cab is almost the same size as a mega cab in rear leg room. Wild. I am really happy with the Power Wagon. My limited mega cab was nice as were all the TRXs but I don’t find myself wanting more. I actually find myself wanting less, like OBS F350 crew long bed less.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
The cab size is probably my only complaint. Having had a few TRXs it was nice having that extra room in the back. It’s not so fun having a toddler kick your seat on the daily commutes and trips hahahaha what’s crazy is the new cab is almost the same size as a mega cab in rear leg room. Wild. I am really happy with the Power Wagon. My limited mega cab was nice as were all the TRXs but I don’t find myself wanting more. I actually find myself wanting less, like OBS F350 crew long bed less.

More cab is why I sold the 07 Tacoma when we had a kid, since a rear facing car seat didn’t even fit in the outer two seats, and also why we sold the 05 Cummins when the kids got bigger.

I don’t want anything anywhere near mega-cab size, but the legroom wouldn’t be bad.

I don’t like short bed trucks, so total length is an issue on single lane forest service roads.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
With the 5th gen cab would come a long overdue telescoping/tilt wheel - probably also not off center like it is now, HUD option, better seats - the 5th gen seat frames are different and articulate more, flat floor, leg room. Not sure about headroom though I've never heard a tall 5th gen owner complain like the tall HD guys do.

Enve46

Reaction score
More cab is why I sold the 07 Tacoma when we had a kid, since a rear facing car seat didn’t even fit in the outer two seats, and also why we sold the 05 Cummins when the kids got bigger.

I don’t want anything anywhere near mega-cab size, but the legroom wouldn’t be bad.

I don’t like short bed trucks, so total length is an issue on single lane forest service roads.
I used to hate long beds now I find myself really liking the look, does this mean I’m getting old?! Hahaha

The 5th Gen cab is huge in the back regarding legroom. I’m 5’10 sitting in the rear and sat behind a 6’3 265 friend of mine and my legs weren’t even close to the seat back. This was in a friends TRX. This is when I dumped my M3 and Gladiator and got a TRX, it was perfect for my two kid family. I’ll admit the mega cab is excessive but on trips, it’s fantastic. Now my youngest is forward facing and with me slightly too far forward for my liking he can kick my seat. But I told myself people did more with wayyyy less, get over it hahaha.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't change much but would really like to see some software glitches worked out and some more sophisticated programming, less emphasis on the latter though. Also I would like to feel like the Cummins is as bulletproof as it used to be. That's not really part of the refurb though, I'm sure. Coming from GM, the Ram seems roomy enough but I've always said if Ram offered a MCLB, I'd have one so I suppose I'd have to give it a look. So if the new cab feels like a mega, it would be intriguing. I mean, my truck is already 23ft long, why would I care if it was a few inches longer? It would still fit in my garage as long as they don't make it any taller.

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
No reason for the mega if they go 5th gen cab. The newer cab has just a tad bit more leg room than the mega (based on my poor memory) and a flat floor. Only thing the mega would bring to the table is that behind seat storage, which probably isn't worth the effort of producing 2 cabs... they wouldn't be able to use the existing mega cab, I'm assuming, so a 5th gen megacab would be entirely new. My mega cab doesn't have the in-floor storage bins either, which surprised me. the 5th gen cab does.

My list for a true 5th gen HD...
1) 5th gen cab (coming with all the goodies from the 1500 - the HUD, new seats, telescoping wheel, etc)
2) 8 or 10 speed tranny
3) longer short bed... 6'10" would be nice.
4) this should be #1 for 3/4 owners: higher payload for the 2500s. payload difference between the 2500 and ford/chevy trucks is embarrassing.

jebruns

Reaction score

Mine is a Mega, so I have the flat floor and the seats fold flat. Mine spends most of the time with the back seats folded flat. No kids in the house. But the extra leg room and reclining rear seats are sure nice for road trips with the boys. I hear you on the turning radius, even with the short box it can be a little ponderous.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I hear you on the turning radius, even with the short box it can be a little ponderous.

I really have no complaints about the turning radius, the only issue I run into is overall length. It gets around some pretty tight corners in the woods.

It’s not enough to consider a short bed, but the length difference between my 05 and my 18/22 is enough that I can’t use some of the same turn around points anymore.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Orders end mid
I really have no complaints about the turning radius, the only issue I run into is overall length. It gets around some pretty tight corners in the woods.

It’s not enough to consider a short bed, but the length difference between my 05 and my 18/22 is enough that I can’t use some of the same turn around points anymore.
2024 orders end march 15th ish I believe. I wonder when the 2025 order info is released? Might be worth ordering and if 2025 is significantly better you could always eat the deposit…

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Orders end mid

2024 orders end march 15th ish I believe. I wonder when the 2025 order info is released? Might be worth ordering and if 2025 is significantly better you could always eat the deposit…

I’m not ordering a new truck. More than pleased with my 2022.

Users who are viewing this thread